Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:00:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New pool! BTCPoolG looking for new members, 0% fee  (Read 1645 times)
GannoK (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:25:39 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 07:50:33 AM by GannoK

Hello! I have established a new pool, and I am looking for new miners to help get it started. In order to commemorate this moment I am offering 0% fees forever to all new users for the time being! www.btcpoolg.com is the link. I am the admin and founder of the pool, and I am looking to also offer more of a community experience so I have created a ventrilo server to help everyone communicate, and we are working on establishing an IRC chat as well. Everyone who works on BTCPoolG is in college, avid video gamers, and looking to immerse ourselves into the technological field we want to pursue, so we take this very seriously. If you are interested in joining a part of our team, with improvements or additions in mind, you can contact me and let me know what you think and I could possibly hire and pay for labor. My personal email is GannoK@btcpoolg.com.   Grin

Below is a copy pasted section of our FAQ page

Q: When will I get paid?
     A: This pool uses the following payout system.

Proportional (Prop) - The block reward is distributed among miners in proportion to the number of shares they submitted in a round. The expected reward per share depends on the number of shares already submitted in the round.

On the server side, each share is checked against the coin daemon (a server side wallet with more features) if it is indeed a valid block solution. Every share computed has the potential to be a block solution. I will not go into details why this is, but rest assured that share estimates for blocks can sometimes be exceeded. In the long run though, shorter round with less shares than required will make up for those taking very long.

At times, you will see shares being rejected by the pool. This can happen if you try to send an outdated share right after a block was found. Stratum, a protocol used by a miner to request work from a server, is used for share submission and getting new work. It is very solid when it comes to avoiding rejects but they can still happen once in a while.

Q: I am having problems connecting to the pool.
     A: Double check your settings against our getting started page.

GannoK (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 10:15:38 PM

Hello again, BTCPoolG is still in need of some help in getting kickstarted. We need a larger hashrate in order to get things started. If you sign up and refer new members, I will be giving away BTC.
DrHaribo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 10:39:07 AM

Proportional (Prop) - The block reward is distributed among miners in proportion to the number of shares they submitted in a round. The expected reward per share depends on the number of shares already submitted in the round.

Most pools stopped using this reward method in 2011 because it's vulnerable to pool hopping.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/5072/what-is-pool-hopping

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
GannoK (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 07:42:14 AM

Most pools stopped using this reward method in 2011 because it's vulnerable to pool hopping.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/5072/what-is-pool-hopping
thanks for letting me know, what do you think is the best reward method? I am also looking into the p2pool node.
DrHaribo
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 03:27:00 PM

thanks for letting me know, what do you think is the best reward method? I am also looking into the p2pool node.

I use PPLNS (with shifts). You may also want to look at DGM. But I think PPLNS is simpler than DGM to understand and also simpler for users to verify. So in my opinion PPLNS is better.

GannoK (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 12:29:43 AM

I use PPLNS (with shifts). You may also want to look at DGM. But I think PPLNS is simpler than DGM to understand and also simpler for users to verify. So in my opinion PPLNS is better.

Thanks for your advice. It's very heartening to receive help from successful operations. I like DGM, but I am going to get really informed on it first before hopping into it. BTCPoolG for now is using P2Pool.
DrHaribo
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 05:43:57 AM

No problem - good luck Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: