Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:49:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Alibaba moment on NXT AE?  (Read 2288 times)
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 10:29:11 PM

Probably the reason why it's done on the NxT asset exchange was if CfB brought this to a venture capitalist (even an amateur one) he would be laughed out of the room.

Well...I don't know if you realize it, but you've provided the perfect justification for the AE. I'm historian enough to realize that, if Doc Roberts had brought the Altair 8800 to a VC in 1974, he would have been patted on the head and sent on his way.

"This company, although it has a neat product, will be crushed by Heathkit once the latter gets wind of this Altair and brings out their own model..."

The funny part about this alternate history is that any such VC would have made a good decision based on the standards of his trade presiding back then. The potential of the microcomputer was too unknown, and the big companies had a lot more market clout back then. Hindsight, as always, offers Chuck-Yeager clarity...

So, to get back from my digression path, the AE is a perfect crowdfunding venue for projects that are too "kooky" for a VC. Even these days, they still have blind spots - many of which are thinly-disguised fiduciary obligations to their fundholders.  

Not to get nitpicky, but CfB would have been thrown out because the funding requirement is too small to merit a real VC's time...

I think this can be a very retrospective rhetoric.  There's likely been a lot of projects around the same time frame as Altair but have largely been forgotten to history.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 03:55:51 PM

Probably the reason why it's done on the NxT asset exchange was if CfB brought this to a venture capitalist (even an amateur one) he would be laughed out of the room.

Well...I don't know if you realize it, but you've provided the perfect justification for the AE. I'm historian enough to realize that, if Doc Roberts had brought the Altair 8800 to a VC in 1974, he would have been patted on the head and sent on his way.

"This company, although it has a neat product, will be crushed by Heathkit once the latter gets wind of this Altair and brings out their own model..."

The funny part about this alternate history is that any such VC would have made a good decision based on the standards of his trade presiding back then. The potential of the microcomputer was too unknown, and the big companies had a lot more market clout back then. Hindsight, as always, offers Chuck-Yeager clarity...

So, to get back from my digression path, the AE is a perfect crowdfunding venue for projects that are too "kooky" for a VC. Even these days, they still have blind spots - many of which are thinly-disguised fiduciary obligations to their fundholders.  

Not to get nitpicky, but CfB would have been thrown out because the funding requirement is too small to merit a real VC's time...

I think this can be a very retrospective rhetoric.  There's likely been a lot of projects around the same time frame as Altair but have largely been forgotten to history.

Yes, that's right. At the time, unless you had a vision, it was very difficult to tell the game-changers from the flakes.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:36:13 PM

Which is the current "price per share" of Jinn? I heard it scalated quickly...
devphp (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:37:57 PM

Which is the current "price per share" of Jinn? I heard it scalated quickly...

Threshold price is @60 NXT now, it looks like it's stabilized at this price, so maybe this is it.
evergrow

Activity: 426
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 08:48:59 PM

what's Jinn? I didn't grasp this yet
devphp (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:21:58 AM

You need to follow the link in the OP and read on it, it's too long to explain here.
devphp (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:48:41 AM

Price @65 NXT.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:13:04 PM

Someone put me right if im off-piste, but I think this may be related....
http://www.cnet.com/news/internet-of-things-gets-a-hand-from-arm-operating-system/
lucky88888

Activity: 404

https://nxtforum.org/

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:28:05 AM

Quote from: Triangle
https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/(ann)-jinn/msg111079/#msg111079
The auction is officially over!
We sold 100,000 Jinn assets at 85NXT/Jinn for a total of 8,500,000 NXT.

The refunds will be be processed tomorrow, it's quite a few transfers and due to it having to be done manually it will take a few hours, but you can expect to have your excess funds tomorrow night.

Thanks to everyone  who participated in this auction! We are looking forward to this project with all of you. And for everyone that didn't get their bids accepted / put in bid too late: don't despair, there will be plenty of ways to collaborate with this project.

More news and updates will come tomorrow.

valued at time of this post
ask                     bid
158.9999999   130

Fuck Mt.Gox! Fuck Mintpal! Fuck Bter! FUCK kyc! Protect yourself use MGW! SUPERNET!
Recommended ASSET ->InstantDex : Lead Dev Jl777 (decentralized multi currency instant exchange)
Recommended ASSET -> Jinn : Lead Dev Come-from-Beyond (ternary processors!)
https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/(ann)-jinn/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: