Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:55:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GamerholicCoin (GHC) [SHA-256] - Fair launch! - I WIN FOR A LIVING  (Read 80289 times)
pvnamk19

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 04:52:23 AM

Sorry for a noop questions: I clicked the link to download the latest wallet from the OP but after downloading Chrome gave an alarm about malicious softwares and deleted it. Why that? Is there anyone experience the same issue?
Thanks!

The link is on Dropbox.  If that's a problem I can post it somewhere else.
Yes, can you post it somewhere else for us?
BTW, Minerpools and Coin-miners now reflect the same Net Hashrate. Can you confirm that they are mining on the same official fork ?
Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coinweaver (OP)

Activity: 176

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 05:43:35 AM

Sorry for a noop questions: I clicked the link to download the latest wallet from the OP but after downloading Chrome gave an alarm about malicious softwares and deleted it. Why that? Is there anyone experience the same issue?
Thanks!

The link is on Dropbox.  If that's a problem I can post it somewhere else.
Yes, can you post it somewhere else for us?
BTW, Minerpools and Coin-miners now reflect the same Net Hashrate. Can you confirm that they are mining on the same official fork ?
Thanks!

They are.  The seed node is indeed misbehaving. 

I'm going to correct it now.  It was still receiving bad blocks from somewhere and was rebroadcasting them.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:12:49 AM

The message on the front page of MinerPools is incorrect.

The seed node has them as an addnode and when the seed node was updated we deleted the peers.dat to rediscover the network through them.

Edit to add: if they are seeing something we are not then let's compare notes and see what's up.
Can you answer what im asking.Why was the fork with the most miners on it and would stand to lose the most coins not consider the right fork.Just want to know the reasoning for this.It makes no sense.
The right fork was the one Bryce and friends were on Wink
coinweaver (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:32:34 AM

The seed node has them as an addnode and when the seed node was updated we deleted the peers.dat to rediscover the network through them.

Edit to add: if they are seeing something we are not then let's compare notes and see what's up.
Can you answer what im asking.Why was the fork with the most miners on it and would stand to lose the most coins not consider the right fork.Just want to know the reasoning for this.It makes no sense.

I'll be happy to start moderating the thread if you are unable to read it.  That's clearly not the case.

The network suffered some rocking and rolling today and is attempting to correct.  It was designed to work that way.  

The assumption is always that someone is trying to screw over the community because that is what has happened since this forum first went online.  The assumption being made specifically in this case is that we're somehow trying to screw over the community as opposed to resolving a technical problem for the long term.

I simply expect such comments like this will continue forever, so it is only on rare occasions like this one that I bother to respond.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:41:15 AM

I'll be happy to start moderating the thread if you are unable to read it.  That's clearly not the case.

The network suffered some rocking and rolling today and is attempting to correct.  It was designed to work that way.  

The assumption is always that someone is trying to screw over the community because that is what has happened since this forum first went online.  The assumption being made specifically in this case is that we're somehow trying to screw over the community as opposed to resolving a technical problem for the long term.

I simply expect such comments like this will continue forever, so it is only on rare occasions like this one that I bother to respond.

You shouldn't have, it was simply a joke. Notice the winky face? Don't be so defensive, it almost makes it seem as though you have something to feel guilty of Wink

Also, you can't start moderating this thread... you made it unmoderated, you would have to make another. Are you new here Wink?
coinweaver (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:52:52 AM

You shouldn't have, it was simply a joke. Notice the winky face? Don't be so defensive, it almost makes it seem as though you have something to feel guilty of Wink

Also, you can't start moderating this thread... you made it unmoderated, you would have to make another. Are you new here Wink?

Hahaha.. fair enough.  It's been a long day, as you can imagine.

Meanwhile, the seed node has been corrected.

I repeated the exercise of deleting the peers (and blockchain database) and explored the network through MinerPools.  
idol

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:00:32 AM

dev you think its funny?
your friends mine some foking unknown pool and you say its the right fork?

while ppl with rented rigs mine on pool with 700+ th and its the wrong fork?

you need to come up with better excuse Smiley

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6631

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 07:03:22 AM

WOW NICE!! COINS  Grin

abats

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:14:07 AM

Dev,minerpools is on the right chain?
coinweaver (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:19:56 AM

Absolutely.  We've repeatedly sync'd the seed node against it. 
idol

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:23:09 AM

so what about the 16000 coin i lost?

abats

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:30:08 AM

http://ghc.coin-miners.info end http://ghc.minerpools.com/ Which one is correct?
coinweaver (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:31:52 AM

http://ghc.coin-miners.info end http://ghc.minerpools.com/ Which one is correct?

This is why I said the front page of MP was in error.

The seed node is sync'ing against Minerpools.  If coin-miners disagrees then they have a problem.
abats

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:35:03 AM

But the new wallet and coin - miners is consistent, which ore pool should I choose?
idol

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:35:53 AM

But the new wallet and coin - miners is consistent, which ore pool should I choose?

ask the dev which pool he is on thats the right one lol

coinweaver (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:41:04 AM

Oh... I'm sorry.  I didn't understand your question.

If those agree then it's totally up to you.
coinweaver (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:42:46 AM

We had no private pool.  Sorry, that's simply not what happened.
HunterS

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:43:20 AM

dev or his friends mined on a different fork with very low hashrate while everyone else mined on the one with huge hashrate ,
so he made the one with the least hashrate the one he mined on the "right" fork
meanwhile my 4200 coins that were very expensive to mine are gone!
yes pretty bad form.I am still waiting on a answer as to why you wouldnt use the fork where less coin and miners are affected.just make no sense to me.

abats

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:44:27 AM

We had no private pool.  Sorry, that's simply not what happened.
Dev, you tell me the chain is correct? thank you!
coinweaver (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:44:39 AM

dev or his friends mined on a different fork with very low hashrate while everyone else mined on the one with huge hashrate ,
so he made the one with the least hashrate the one he mined on the "right" fork
meanwhile my 4200 coins that were very expensive to mine are gone!
yes pretty bad form.I am still waiting on a answer as to why you wouldnt use the fork where less coin and miners are affected.just make no sense to me.

I didn't "choose" a fork.  If you'd like to indicate how that's possible then I'd like to hear it.  Minerpools had the most hash power.

Edit to add: i've stated that we've repeatedly re-sync'd the seed node against Minerpools and still getting bad peers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: