Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:35:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GamerholicCoin (GHC) [SHA-256] - Fair launch! - I WIN FOR A LIVING  (Read 80289 times)
gpools

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:05:31 PM

Ok we are waiting.dont  relauch if not swap old coin.
Exoth

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:27:26 PM

relaunching sounds dumb. and a hassle for the website
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:37:08 PM

We'll do what the community decides. BlockTech gave us a date of the 10th for all fixes.

Dev update!

We've got a new build we're about to run on testnet with some fixes that should resolve the fork issues.

We plan on releasing it in the next 24 hours.

Again, thank you for your patience.

so 2 weeks for a fix because what? he's partying in vegas? WTF.....

Lost 1000 coins on the fork, what I have left are up for grabs at mining cost if anyone is interested.

Edser

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:45:44 PM

relaunch without a swap will wreck a lot of people in a way that will not inspire confidence in your company later on. This would show how much of a flake your company is with community backing.

Sure this thing keeps forking for no reason on a huge hash that no one has really done before, but you come here slamming a company while trying to appeal to the community is poor form. If you would have let them handle the issue on the back end and you defended them, you could have earned more trust in working towards a goal instead of dumping during a rough time.

quote defcoin ==== LOL... oh no, the coin is dead cause $DEV doesn't live on BCT! When will you people learn that everything on here is completely irrelevant next to useless. Devs need to stop using it all together, only then can crypto begin to flourish. It's such a shame that people consider this shit hole to be the pinnacle of information when it comes to developments. I don't blame $DEV for not coming on here, and frankly I am embarrassed that I even check BCT myself.
syclone

Activity: 755
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:49:28 PM

Keep in mind that those close to Bryce mined a shit-ton of the coin, including bryce himself.  Sounds like a conflict of interest to me.  Prepare for a large dump if nothing changes by the very same folks in charge of the launch.
Edser

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:56:00 PM

Keep in mind that those close to Bryce mined a shit-ton of the coin, including bryce himself.  Sounds like a conflict of interest to me.  Prepare for a large dump if nothing changes by the very same folks in charge of the launch.

So you dont think the company did this as well and was probably on the wrong fork and lost coins too? The main cause of such an uproar from this person posting as gamerholic.

EVERYONE I know mining this lost coins. Everyone is going to mine that has miners, and this should be no surprise no matter the type of coin or company behind it. If you feel different, you must be smoking bleach or something.

quote defcoin ==== LOL... oh no, the coin is dead cause $DEV doesn't live on BCT! When will you people learn that everything on here is completely irrelevant next to useless. Devs need to stop using it all together, only then can crypto begin to flourish. It's such a shame that people consider this shit hole to be the pinnacle of information when it comes to developments. I don't blame $DEV for not coming on here, and frankly I am embarrassed that I even check BCT myself.
jebus911

Activity: 138

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:03:50 PM

You let 25 people yelling loudly on a forum that no one reads affect your whole business plan. Think about that carefully, because you're still doing it.
Edser

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:09:59 PM

You guys are mental. Coinweaver is at Crypto Vegas speaking....TODAY lol

What date is 'today' to you?
To me, still 20ish hours away....

electricretard

Activity: 170

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:24:27 PM

You let 25 people yelling loudly on a forum that no one reads affect your whole business plan. Think about that carefully, because you're still doing it.

25 people who got fucked in the arse because of a major fuck up, that is. As retarded as this forum can be at times, these are ppl
who invested in this coin and that business plan. And yeah, forum that no one reads.. the fuck are you doing here then?
While I agree that everyone needs to chill and trust gamerholic to make the right decisions, keeping the elitist bullshit remarks like
that out of here would be nice.
jebus911

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:28:32 PM

25 people who got fucked in the arse because of a major fuck up, that is. As retarded as this forum can be at times, these are ppl
who invested in this coin and that business plan. And yeah, forum that no one reads.. the fuck are you doing here then?
While I agree that everyone needs to chill and trust gamerholic to make the right decisions, keeping the elitist bullshit remarks like

Welcome to speculating. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. You took the risk, take responsibility for your choice. If you want guaranteed money get a job.
electricretard

Activity: 170

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:31:45 PM

Welcome to speculating. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. You took the risk, take responsibility for your choice. If you want guaranteed money get a job.

I didn't lose anything.
USEcoincommunity

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:16:31 PM

i realize people in crypto have short memory...

how is it so that you people forget Dev and his "friends" basically instamined the shit out of the coin

while claiming there fork was the right one...

you guys are miners and i understand its working(?) fine now

how will you guys deal with the dumps that will come from the instamined coins?  

if you guys think price on C-cex is any indication of real price of this coin...

think again soon as they are able to deposit price will drop hard
Yeah its a worthless coin
the dev picked the chain with the least hashrate as the "official chain" just because he and his friends were mining on it
while people who were mining on the 800+ th chain got screwed.

See Below in Bold;

You understand that the Dev picked the "official pool," which he created and posted for everyone to use from the beginning?

This is not true. There was no reference to an Official Pool from the Dev. There still is nothing that says Official Pool.

He picked the pool that he knew was on the original fork,

This I believe to be true because he most likely was mining it himself and I would guess with some substantial amount of TH/s. He easily could of been mining for the client, himself or both. We just don't know, however I believe he was on the correct fork. My guess is he did not name an official pool because of the risk of to much TH/s on one pool would fork the chain and he would of been part of the fork and would ultimately loose his/clients coins.

"instead of letting incompetent pool owners fork his coin."

This is a logical fallacy to assume the pool owners are incompetent. Its the Dev that should of been responsible in communicating to the pool owners and the miners regarding when to close down registration of new miners accounts in order to stay under the max amount of TH/s divided between all pools in real time. He should of been in constant communication with all pool owners including the (NOMP) pools which do allow you to monitor the pools hash rate for the coin. He could of been posting in the Forum next to where the pools are listed that "This Pool Currently Has to High of a Hash Rate/More miners Could cause a fork=Catastrophic loss, please use the Next Pool" or something.

2700 TH/s Network on an AltCoin is a record. Yet Still a developers job especially one that is paid by a client is responsible to monitor all pools in order to prevent this. It can be done in real time but its a lot of work and would take some serious on the fly methodologies in order to maintain the proper balance. It would also require real communication.

However the communication out of him was primarily inappropriate comments addressing the newly forming GHC community . (See Examples Below)

The source is posted, was since launch.   Notice that nice clickable GitHub icon.

Nodes added to OP are coded into the wallet, which is why they weren't added until someone asked for them.

Thank you, please drive through.
[/b]

gamerholiccoind --help

You'll find the RPC port.  You'd think you've never mined a coin before.

I was too busy doing stuff because I already got paid for this.

Nope.  Blocktech was contracted to launch this network for an existing business, Gamerholic LLC of Harlem, New York.

Thank you.  Please drive through.

PS: Too bad for the NYDFS.  We just launched a coin in their state.

PPS: I was "legit" last week when I was helping little kids, but this week I'm a scammer again.  Make up your mind, dude.

You're welcome to compare the first block with the time of the post of the thread.

I'm sorry you didn't read it when everyone else did.

I could go on and on and on. However the facts speak for themselves. He was on the defense early on. I have a hard time believing a client would allow a contracted Developer to speak to the newly forming GamerholicCoin Community like that. The GamerholicCoin People owe it to this community to at least address the Dev and explain to him how to properly address their community.

Since Gamerholiccoin was launched as an open-Source (In Theory) Decentralized CryptoCurrency to be used for a business, I believe they need to start requesting from the miners in the community small reports of this experience along with how much loss was suffered. Plus their needs to be an ombudsman of sorts hired by the GamerholicCoin people in order to mediate with the miners.

We are entering a new era here with regulations, our own self governance along with a lot more accountability and soon liability. This instance in my opinion could set a precedent. A. One of the First LLC's that I know of to launch a coin B. Failure of a Developer to represent the client and community with the minimum amount of responsibility that a developer should be required to represent. C. Obviously the client needed to step in and handle things at the first sign of trouble however what I witnessed on their end was minimal. D. Failure of the Client (LLC) to address the disrespectful comments to the members of the community that spent thousands of dollars in BitCoin to lease TH/s for mining their coin. Many more but hopefully I made the point

He knows well that he should of had a lot more coin information all in one place and constantly updated. He assumed people would know what they were do so he left out the RPC port, Block Explorer (This was one of his biggest errors because he of all people should know better) and the .conf file.... I know there is more but I think I made my point.

Yeah, stuff was fucked at the beginning.

Bro, with language like this how do we expect to ever be taken seriously? I don't blame you and believe me I find myself making the same errors probably more than you however I think we both can conclude its not in our best interest and makes us look very unprofessional.

I myself "lost" 1k coins because I was mining on a pool which was on the wrong fork. But don't blame the Dev for making a pool which didn't fuck up, and then sticking to his original fork.

This I saw and I truly am upset that you along with many others lost. I still believe more information and more communication could of prevented this disaster. However with as much hash that was on the Network I can't guarantee it would of been preventable. Although I can guarantee that a sharp more determined developer could of mitigated a lot more than was witnessed here.

GHC was created for a CLIENT.  That means, someone paid the dev to make this coin for their business, and the dev was/is accountable to said client.

Indeed your correct, however in all fairness deception which I am not saying is the case here, to the community could constitute a lot of legal issues. If its going to be like that then why did the Client not just have the Dev knock off all the coins in one block (100% Premine) and sell them in an ICO? Thousands of dollars were being spent here due to trust and the good name of the GHC people along with those including myself that had great respect for this Dev.

When complications arose, he protected the integrity of the coin he'd created for the client, and did the only responsible thing, IMO.

I agree that protecting the Integrity of the coin comes first. The Client and the community come after that. However without a community the Client has zero.

Ya'll bitch a lot.

I agree

Postscript. The fact that the C-Cex price was brought up is hilarious. C-Cex is scammy as hell, and their dishonest methods dug themselves this hole.  GHC is not yet on an exchange, as far as I'm concerned

I find it highly dubious that no other exchanges picked up this coin that boasted 2700 TH/s at one point plus came with mass controversy. That kind of record breaking drama would sell these coins fast.

I would like to speak to the GamerholicCoin people in this regards and offer any assistance in order to help them along with the developer to save face in this instance and help clean this mess up, without any expectation of pay

Thanks for your very well thought response. BlockTech along with Bryce are fully aware of how we feel about the launch.

We'll listen to the community. We have no problems scrapping this coin and re-launching as quickly as possible, with a way
to re-issue the new coins to miners who've mined this coin.

We'll listen to the community and do what the community wants. This was no where close to our plan.

Honestly, we want all separation from BlockTech and Bryce, however we are stuck if the community wants to stay with this coin.

We'll take your suggestions.

My suggestion is to continue working with this coin.  Put a stop to the drama, and work together.  The coin's code all seems fine now anyway, and making a new coin alienates a lot of people who supported your coin with mining from the beginning. That sort of bad blood doesn't seem necessary in this situation. I like GHC, and wish to move forward as it is.  Pretty sure that Bittrex is going to add it this week for trading, and hopefully your website will be fixed up soon?  So I can begin purchasing things with my GHC Smiley  Cryptocurrency in action!

Ancep

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 10:11:28 PM

Personally, I thought speculating on a coin being produced by an established, reputable company rather than an anonymous dev mitigated some of the inherent risk in investing.
Ancep

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 10:41:50 PM

We'll do what the community decides. BlockTech gave us a date of the 10th for all fixes.

Sorry you guys get stuck in the middle in all this. Just do your best to ignore the hysterics.

Since you can get a few more days work out of Blocktech I'm curious what the status of this update is (posted Monday the 29th)

Dev update!

We've got a new build we're about to run on testnet with some fixes that should resolve the fork issues.

We plan on releasing it in the next 24 hours.

Again, thank you for your patience.

I don't know what any of the specifics were in this new build but "some fixes that should resolve the fork issues" sounds like a good place to start. And perhaps the efforts the pools have put forward to sync themselves are all that is needed. I mean, the network has seemed quite stable over the last week. But, as Minerpools recently pointed out, "given the fact that if one simply uses the nodes from the op as posted and it'll fork then the coin does have issues and needs fixing immediately". So Blocktech, at minimum, should consider this, I think.

And +1 this...

My suggestion is to continue working with this coin.  Put a stop to the drama, and work together.  The coin's code all seems fine now anyway, and making a new coin alienates a lot of people who supported your coin with mining from the beginning. That sort of bad blood doesn't seem necessary in this situation. I like GHC, and wish to move forward as it is.  Pretty sure that Bittrex is going to add it this week for trading, and hopefully your website will be fixed up soon?  So I can begin purchasing things with my GHC Smiley  Cryptocurrency in action!

Only on bitcointalk does a reasonable, constructive and positive post seem so thoroughly out of place...lol.
jebus911

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 10:53:13 PM

Personally, I thought speculating on a coin being produced by an established, reputable company rather than an anonymous dev mitigated some of the inherent risk in investing.

Launch mining is inherently speculative across the board, no matter who is launching the coin. There's almost always some issue somewhere that you're going to lose time on
lin0sspice
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:04:51 PM

Keep as is it now please, relaunch will cost a lot of miners money here with their rental.

Website
Whitepaper
Discord
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
VELOX PROJECT
The Future of Anonymous Trading
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
Latest News
Twitter
Telegram
[/tab
Gamerholic

Activity: 843
Merit: 255

8V Global | 8v.com

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:11:39 PM

Keep as is it now please, relaunch will cost a lot of miners money here with their rental.

Cool, hopefully it's all resolved on the 10th

▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████            ██████▀▀
     █████▀      ▀███████████▌          ██████
    ▐████         ██████    ██         ██████
     ████▄      ▄██████████ ▐█▌       ██████
      ▀████████████▀▀ ▐████▌ ██      ██████
   ▄▄█████████████▄    █████ ▐█▌    ██████
 ▄█████▀▀     ▀▀████▄  ▐████▌ ██   ██████
▄████▀          █████   █████ ▐█▌ ██████
█████           █████   ▐████▌ ████████          ▄█▀▀▄   ▄█▀▀█▄   ▄█▄███▄▄███▄
█████▄        ▄█████     █████ ▐██████          ██      ██    ██  ██  ▀██  ▀██
 ▀████████████████▀      ▐████▌ █████     ▄▄▄   ██▄  ▄  ▀█▄  ▄█▀  ██   ██   ██
   ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀   ▀▀   ▀▀
          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄              ▀y
   ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄  ▀▄▀▄▀     ▀▄▀▄  ▀▄ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▄ ▄
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ ▀ ▀ ▀▄▀  ▀   ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ ▀
 ▄  j▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ ▄▀a       ▄ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄  c▀
      ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ ▀        ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ ▄
       ▄▀▄▀▄▀          ▄▀▄ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ ▀▄
        ▀▄ ▄ ▄         ▄▀▄▀▄▀ ▀▄e ▀▄▀▄▀ ▀
          ▀▄▀▄▀▄      ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄    ▀▄▀▄  ▀
           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄      ▀▄▀▄▀        ▄▀▄ ▄ ▀▄▀
            ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀       ▀▄▀   ▄         ▄▀▄
             ▄▀▄▀          ▄▀  ▀         ▀▄▀▄▀
             ▄▀▄                             ▀  ▀▄
            ▀▄▀                                 ▀
YOUR GLOBAL DIGITAL ASSET EXCHANGE
███████     WEBSITE     |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM   ███████
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
███                                    ███
███                             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███                           ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███                           ██          ██
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██
 ███████████████████  ███████ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ████████████████ ██          ██
           ▄█████████████████ ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
          ███████████████████▄ ▀████▄▄████▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:59:49 AM

If the fixes don't work, there are alternatives:

Bitshares X
Counterparty
Dogeparty
Clearinghouse
Coinry.com
Nxt Assets

Premine the new coin and do a swap.

provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:33:10 AM

If the fixes don't work, there are alternatives:

Bitshares X
Counterparty
Dogeparty
Clearinghouse
Coinry.com
Nxt Assets

Premine the new coin and do a swap.

+1

Totally , This coin's mining cost is about 100BTC,(i mean all these mining days together ) .so please consider this.
pvnamk19

Activity: 178

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:38:39 AM

Cool, hopefully it's all resolved on the 10th
+1000
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: