Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:20:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GamerholicCoin (GHC) [SHA-256] - Fair launch! - I WIN FOR A LIVING  (Read 80289 times)
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 07:24:50 PM

iGotSpots on a dead shit coin Unattainium with 8 second block times:

"The dev is one thing but technically speaking the coin is extremely solid"

Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=685126.msg8255172#msg8255172

Market cap is $932.

Link: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/unattainium/

+1, Jyap.   iGotSpots is making it increasingly obvious that he's only trying to FUD the competition in order to drive his own business.

Remember I was asked to come here and look fora solution...this coin is so far below my radar that it's laughable. Look at the open source code yourself then. You'll see exactly what I see  Wink

I don't need to FUD to be successful lol, I could literally do nothing for the rest of my life and be just fine

static const int64_t nTargetTimespan = 16 * 60;  // 1 min

unsigned int nTargetSpacing = 2 * 60; // 2 minutes

If you can't figure out why I chose those two to post (among many, many problems), then I have no more reason to try to help you guys. I'm done giving this garbage free thread bumps to the first page. Best of luck, even though I know exactly how this will end  Wink

Ancep

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:35:45 PM

... This is the last coin we launch here and the last client we will accept from here.

You're certainly right about that, though not for the reason that you think.
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:56:40 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 02:37:59 PM by Wandererfromthenorth

What's the problem Bryce, the coin didn't get enough noobs for the miners to dump on?

Just make another one!!!!

https://twitter.com/_Valar_Dohaeris/status/499871717091979264

norcalanon707

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:11:38 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 12:11:43 AM by norcalanon707

Ok, so a couple people asked me to check this coin out to see if there are any easy solutions. Looking at the Github...I highly suggest you completely scrap this clusterfuck you guys are running now and completely start over. Whether that means a coin swap or whatever is something that should be decided upon

That being said, it's not even worth my (or anyone else's) time to point out specific flaws, but I will say that the parameters in the OP are very, very different than what you guys are actually mining

Haha, you are a direct competitor to Blocktech.  Nice try.

Bro, this is my fault. I went to 'I Got Spots' to get advice on a recommended fix to the forking issue plus some apparent code discrepancies. He was not here to compete or disrespect anyone or direct anything towards any of his projects. I take 100% of the blame in this instance. I only was wanting to give Mr. Sengbe a sound recommendation is all. However I see that now the dev is back and would really like to speak with him. Not here to cause trouble but I also lost some coins in this mess and would like some answers myself. But 'I got Spots' was not here to break up or disturb this community nor am I. Please accept my apology on that. I am seeking some answers from Bryce.  

~S                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
lin0sspice
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:48:11 PM

Ok, so a couple people asked me to check this coin out to see if there are any easy solutions. Looking at the Github...I highly suggest you completely scrap this clusterfuck you guys are running now and completely start over. Whether that means a coin swap or whatever is something that should be decided upon

That being said, it's not even worth my (or anyone else's) time to point out specific flaws, but I will say that the parameters in the OP are very, very different than what you guys are actually mining

Haha, you are a direct competitor to Blocktech.  Nice try.

Bro, this is my fault. I went to 'I Got Spots' to get advice on a recommended fix to the forking issue plus some apparent code discrepancies. He was not here to compete or disrespect anyone or direct anything towards any of his projects. I take 100% of the blame in this instance. I only was wanting to give Mr. Sengbe a sound recommendation is all. However I see that now the dev is back and would really like to speak with him. Not hear to cause trouble but I also lost some coins in this mess and would like some answers myself. But 'I got Spots' was not hear to break up or disturb this community nor am I. Please accept my apology on that. I am seeking some answers from Bryce. 

~S                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
All he did is advice, the fault is from the beginning of 2 forks.

Website
Whitepaper
Discord
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
VELOX PROJECT
The Future of Anonymous Trading
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
Latest News
Twitter
Telegram
[/tab
norcalanon707

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:07:23 AM

We know what happened.  Gamerholic knows what happened.

Forum posturing isn't my thing.  

Carry on.

Hi Bryce,

I hope your doing well.

I on the other hand lost over 1000 coins in the first days mining and I am trying to figure out where the errors began. I know the data was sparse at best in the beginning and would like to compare your full existing coin parameters along with a full .conf file with a seednode that is not a pool and try to decipher what the code says compared to the full data parameters which I can not locate still in the OP where it should be for any novice that does not have the ability to read between the lines.  Please feel free to contact me PM or offline norcalanon707[at]gmail[dot]com

Thank you

~S
Wandererfromthenorth

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:12:19 AM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 02:37:44 PM by Wandererfromthenorth

Bro, this is my fault. I went to 'I Got Spots' to get advice on a recommended fix to the forking issue plus some apparent code discrepancies. He was not here to compete or disrespect anyone or direct anything towards any of his projects. I take 100% of the blame in this instance. I only was wanting to give Mr. Sengbe a sound recommendation is all. However I see that now the dev is back and would really like to speak with him. Not here to cause trouble but I also lost some coins in this mess and would like some answers myself. But 'I got Spots' was not here to break up or disturb this community nor am I. Please accept my apology on that. I am seeking some answers from Bryce.  

~S                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

There's no constructive criticism whatsoever.

Yeah but this is though:

What's the problem Bryce, the coin didn't get enough noobs for the miners to dump on?

Just make another one!!!!

https://twitter.com/_Valar_Dohaeris/status/499871717091979264

USEcoincommunity

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:36:19 PM

~S                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Yeah but this is though:

Keep going. Gamerholic is perhaps realizing that Bitcoin Talk Forums is cancer.

BTW, did you ask Wonderloops permission to use the pics he created?

The amount of whining from like 3 people is unreal. 3 people who probably didn't even mine the coin, but as competitors, they just want to see GHC and gamerholic.com fail. I do hope that the Gamerholic representative doesn't give into them, as this thread has shown that 95% of the community is perfectly happy with the coin, and we are ready to move forward towards its use case!  50 happy miners VS 3 bitchy competitors.  Obvious answer, IMO.
Wandererfromthenorth

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:47:03 PM

~S                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Yeah but this is though:

Keep going. Gamerholic is perhaps realizing that Bitcoin Talk Forums is cancer.

BTW, did you ask Wonderloops permission to use the pics he created?

You don't even know what to come up with anymore do you?
I put the link to twitter just because LOL, but I thought we were on the fucking internet and funny troll random images didn't have copyright you know...

The real cancer is Weiner, BAGTECH and their shitcoins for miners to dump on noobs who buy, not the dudes making fun of their clusterfucks.
The same dudes that said to avoid buying RZR and all the other BAGTECH coins at launch that would have prevented noobs from losing up to 10X and more of their money.

But sure, "trolls". Yeah right.
norcalanon707

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:31:51 PM

We know what happened.  Gamerholic knows what happened.

Carry on.

Bryce,

I was hoping to hear from you in a PM or email. Since I have not yet heard and time something that is not our friend, I will just show you what was found in the code that looked unusual to a person that has taught me a great deal over time and is a veteran developer along with an expert coder friend of mine overseas who verified this finding also.

As I looked at the posted parameters you have given below here which was copied and pasted by me from the front page OP it says that the coin runs on an average 60 second Block Time.

Algo: SHA-256D
POW/POS Hybrid
Avg 60 second block time
4% annual interest
8 hour stake age
Emission Schedule
Block 0 - 10,000: 100GHC
Block 10,001 - Infinity: 2.5GHC
250 blocks to maturity

We noticed this below in the code. Can you please explain this compared to your 'Avg 60 second block time'?

static const int64_t nTargetTimespan = 16 * 60;  // 1 min

In order to save time this is what it means below;

The target timespan is 16 minutes, and this isn't the block interval. THat's given by nTargetSpacing which is two minutes.

There is plenty more that could be covered but that is not what I need to be doing. The Ball is in your court to explain. However if you can't or if you refuse to do so I have no issue with you in that regard. I am not trying to put you on the spot but instead offer a solution.

I propose a fix.

Proposal:

1. I would need Bryce to step back for a very short amount of time while I bring in my Development Team to implement a quick fix that spares all existing coins. I also request zero obstruction from Bryce in this process or from anyone else for that matter.

2. Below are only estimates of what will be done by one of my Top coders that I use for Development jobs/Hard/Soft Forks etc. and what he will charge up front for this fix. His name is Matt.

Matt: These prices are estimates. I would like to know if there is anything missed, if anything needs to be done with deploying a server, and what time the work needs to be done within:

- Source code changes including changed block interval as a hard fork in the future, and DNS seed, including testing: 0.4btc
- Mac wallet compiled with Lion and higher support: 0.4btc
- Deployment of coin daemon on existing Debian 7 (other Linux possible but may incur extra) server: 0.3btc
- Deployment of coin daemon on new Debian 7 server, including server setup and provision of security details: 0.5btc
- Price does not include server maintenance.
- Discounts may apply if installation is done on multiple servers at once.
- Additional charges may be applicable where additional work is needed.
- Additional charge will be applicable if work is to be expedited.

1.6 BTC low estimate cost which covers Matt for his subcontracted work.

I would have Phil do the Windows Wallet. Phil usually charges around $100 in BTC but I have not heard back from Phil yet to confirm this but expect to by the end of the day today.

Hard Fork; Time frame- 4 days start to finish (Matt has a day job) If a shorter time frame is needed this can be done but he will charge more.

First we would need the 1.6 BTC up front sent to Matt the coder. Then send up front $100 in BTC to phil for the Mac Wallet

We would request ahead of time full answers to a few needed questions from Bryce and Mr. Sengbe (Primarily regarding servers etc.)

We would then request that Bryce steps back temporarily and does not obstruct us in completing our task.

We start;

Day 4 we notify the the community and pool owners that the updated source code is available on Github while simultaneously posting the new technical data in the OP thread under norcalanon707.

Once I determine that all pools are running on the correct fork plus confirmation from them including confirmation from solo miners in the thread that they are locating blocks with a thumbs up approval from both I then contact Mr. Sengbe of GamerholicCoin that the job is complete and for Bryce to step back in and take over full ongoing management of the coin.

I will make myself available to deal with any issues however any repairs or updates both Matt and Phil will need to be paid upfront once I determine what the issue is. We stand behind our work but the staff will need to be paid up front for any fixes.

For all of this I will do myself free of charge. The prices above just cover my staff. You ask yourselves why am I doing this?

One reason is because I said my services would be free of charge in the beginning. Second is because if I can pull this off successfully Mr. Sengbe of GamerholicCoin has a development job for me regarding a Medical Coin accepted already by as many as 150 Board Certified Medical Doctors in Harlem. This Medical Coin can do great things for people that need good quality medical care and for the doctors that deserve to be paid well for doing what they took an oath to do and that is to treat patients properly with dignity and respect and cause no harm. This coin is very important to Mr. Sengbe and also to myself.

About Myself:

I have been involved with BitCoin since 2011. I used to run a BitCoin blog that is no longer online. I have a 5+ POD Rating from Chris Taylor The 'CryptoAsian'. I am registered with FinCEN. My training and education as a developer has been an ongoing process for well over a year now. I have worked on the development teams of a handful of coins at one capacity or another. I have 24/7 access to some of the Top Veteran Developers in this Business. If I have trouble figuring something out I go to them and have an answer immediately wether I like their conclusion or not. These people are not easy on me and I have had to work very hard to obtain standing.

I have actually only developed one coin myself so far. This coin I developed on a shoestring with a zero premine. It is a coin that is geographically targeted for Latin America with an emphasis on Argentina whom the great people there are in desperate need of proper CryptoCurrency Education. I hoped that through this coin the people who have yet to hear of BitCoin could finally learn about it through a coin that is easier to understand since BitCoin has no translation. The coin is 'Nuevo BitCentavo Electrónico' which basically means the new electric penny.

I figured that was far more palatable for people in Latin America in the small cities and such to understand and not resist if it was only BitCoin that they were to hear of. So  Being from California I have plenty of friends from Mexico and they all loved the idea of a Latin American coin. 'BitCentavo' is still a young coin with lots of potential but has yet to make down to Latin America to any extent to brag about. It trades in the LTC Market at Cryptex.biz where there are many buy orders.

Everything I have covered about myself can be verified at the bitcentavo.com website including a link to my 5+ POD Rating from the 'CryptoAsian'. I will notify Chris Taylor of my intent here since I make it a point to keep him fully informed regarding any and all of my work as a developer. I do not claim to be more than I am and I very much prefer to keep a very low profile in regards to everything I do in this capacity.

Please do not FUD me because I am not very experienced in countering it. If anyone has an issue with me please send me a PM or contact me at norcalanon707[at]gmail[dot]com or Skype- bitcentavo or face to face in Sacramento California. I ask for the same of any member of my development team as they would only be here to do the job they are hired to do and not be subjected to answering any unreasonable questions or have to defend themselves. Any and all issue would need to come to me and I make myself available around the clock to any and all of you people that are part of the great community and historic coin project.

WCIR

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 05:25:09 PM

Edser

Activity: 153

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:25:47 PM

Haha, you are a direct competitor to Blocktech.  Nice try.

~S                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

^^^^^^
poses as noob looking for more coin info, openly sells his skills in public to take over coin.

LMFAO

quote defcoin ==== LOL... oh no, the coin is dead cause $DEV doesn't live on BCT! When will you people learn that everything on here is completely irrelevant next to useless. Devs need to stop using it all together, only then can crypto begin to flourish. It's such a shame that people consider this shit hole to be the pinnacle of information when it comes to developments. I don't blame $DEV for not coming on here, and frankly I am embarrassed that I even check BCT myself.
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:46:30 PM

We know what happened.  Gamerholic knows what happened.

Carry on.

I was hoping to hear from you in a PM or email.......................................................................... ........................

You're not helping man...... Looks like you want to land a gig and it's actually hurting your reputation. Sales pitch in the middle of this? These things should be discussed in private.

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 08:49:24 PM

Why do you keep calling me a competitor? Several of my coins have reached multi million dollar market caps. This coin is nothing to me lol

Pssst...it's not one minute blocks

Edser

Activity: 153

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:03:05 PM

Your boasting is hilarious indeed

quote defcoin ==== LOL... oh no, the coin is dead cause $DEV doesn't live on BCT! When will you people learn that everything on here is completely irrelevant next to useless. Devs need to stop using it all together, only then can crypto begin to flourish. It's such a shame that people consider this shit hole to be the pinnacle of information when it comes to developments. I don't blame $DEV for not coming on here, and frankly I am embarrassed that I even check BCT myself.
Hulk Hobo

Activity: 57

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:21:57 PM

First time poster, long time lurker ...

Gamerholic,

I am glad you've made it clear that your willing to listen to community feedback. But here's the thing, a lot of the "community" piping up in this thread are people trying to FUD. One is a direct competitor, another is a "noob" who wants you to send him money to fix a coin that isn't broken, and the rest are angry kids who may have lost some money mining.

There was one legitimate fork that happened during the launch. Considering the amount of hash that was thrown towards mining your coin (a record amount if I'm not mistake), it's not all that unexpected that something went awry. Subsequent fork were caused by a bad actor trying to bully the dev into choosing the fork that that actor was mining on initially ... looking at you c-cex. Look at Darkcoin, potentially one of the bigger coins this year, they had multiple forks and all were resolved without issue. A fork isn't the end of the world. It sucks because people lose a bit of money (like I did) but all that it means is that the ROI is a bit lower than it might have been otherwise ... Again, not a huge deal.

I understand that you are trying to be professional and please your customers, but unfortunately a great deal of BCT is comprised of trolls and bad actors and what's worse is that often they tend to be the loudest and most outspoken. This is probably one of the reasons why so many coin launches are no longer announced on BCT.

Moving forward, don't oblige trolls because they are not the community, people like USEcoincommunity, Edser, myself and scores of others are (thought I don't intend on going through 30 pages to compile a comprehensive list)
Keep the coins (they are good), ignore the trolls (and let your dev deal with'em), and just get back to business as usual as nothing is wrong.

USEcoincommunity

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:38:58 PM

Why do you keep calling me a competitor? Several of my coins have reached multi million dollar market caps. This coin is nothing to me lol

Yep, like Coppers.  Wonderful coin, that one. Wink
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 09:40:07 PM

"Several of my coins have reached multi million dollar market caps"

Which coins?

Tickets was top 15 for nearly a year at over $6 million. The others are a secret  Wink

USEcoincommunity

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:42:20 PM

First time poster, long time lurker ...

Gamerholic,

I am glad you've made it clear that your willing to listen to community feedback. But here's the thing, a lot of the "community" piping up in this thread are people trying to FUD. One is a direct competitor, another is a "noob" who wants you to send him money to fix a coin that isn't broken, and the rest are angry kids who may have lost some money mining.

There was one legitimate fork that happened during the launch. Considering the amount of hash that was thrown towards mining your coin (a record amount if I'm not mistake), it's not all that unexpected that something went awry. Subsequent fork were caused by a bad actor trying to bully the dev into choosing the fork that that actor was mining on initially ... looking at you c-cex. Look at Darkcoin, potentially one of the bigger coins this year, they had multiple forks and all were resolved without issue. A fork isn't the end of the world. It sucks because people lose a bit of money (like I did) but all that it means is that the ROI is a bit lower than it might have been otherwise ... Again, not a huge deal.

I understand that you are trying to be professional and please your customers, but unfortunately a great deal of BCT is comprised of trolls and bad actors and what's worse is that often they tend to be the loudest and most outspoken. This is probably one of the reasons why so many coin launches are no longer announced on BCT.

Moving forward, don't oblige trolls because they are not the community, people like USEcoincommunity, Edser, myself and scores of others are (thought I don't intend on going through 30 pages to compile a comprehensive list)
Keep the coins (they are good), ignore the trolls (and let your dev deal with'em), and just get back to business as usual as nothing is wrong.

+1

I myself have probably been too vitriolic in this thread. This constant attack of a good coin is frustrating me, but I should control my temper. Thank you, Hulk Hobo, for being professional and sensible. Gamerholic Dev, I second Hulk Hobo.  Focus on running your awesome gaming website, and let Blocktech take care of business.
USEcoincommunity

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:47:26 PM

For it being "nothing" to you, you are sure spending a lot of time here trying to get some business.

Meanwhile, staking GHC like a boss!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: