Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:11:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin inflation: 8% since last bubble  (Read 2994 times)
V500 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:28:22 AM

@cardsgame: lol. It is 'unobtanium' - cryptographic dreammaterial ... well, just the branding.

@specs:

first 2000 blocks 0.001 coins to come up
2000 - 102000 blocks: 1 coin
halving then every 100k blocks until hitting final reward of 0.0001 uno per block + transactionfees
blocktime 3 minutes (faster of course)

chain: smaller, solid
max coins: 250k
sha256
no premine or other bullshit. Community-managed. fair coin. No ripoff bullshit. Take a look for yourself. It's fit to be a currency.

main feature: minimal inflation, store of wealth, fair

what more to say?
So the difference is the distribution rate, and more orphaned blocks. Not impressed.

blocks don't orphan. That is unheard of in uno. The main difference is the low inflation, yes. You can store wealth in it without having it inflated away.

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:32:44 AM

@cardsgame: lol. It is 'unobtanium' - cryptographic dreammaterial ... well, just the branding.

@specs:

first 2000 blocks 0.001 coins to come up
2000 - 102000 blocks: 1 coin
halving then every 100k blocks until hitting final reward of 0.0001 uno per block + transactionfees
blocktime 3 minutes (faster of course)

chain: smaller, solid
max coins: 250k
sha256
no premine or other bullshit. Community-managed. fair coin. No ripoff bullshit. Take a look for yourself. It's fit to be a currency.

main feature: minimal inflation, store of wealth, fair

what more to say?
So the difference is the distribution rate, and more orphaned blocks. Not impressed.

blocks don't orphan. That is unheard of in uno. The main difference is the low inflation, yes. You can store wealth in it without having it inflated away.
Bitcoin is in the distribution phase. It is not a primary form of currency yet. It is not supposed to be yet. That comes later. Right now people are accumulating and speculating. Mainstream currency use is a long way off.

Additionally, bitcoin is ALSO a more used form of currency than uno.

Asking again and for the final time. What makes your pumpcoin technically better than bitcoin?

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
V500 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:36:41 AM

Bitcoin is in the distribution phase. It is not a primary form of currency yet. It is not supposed to be yet. That comes later. Right now people are accumulating and speculating. Mainstream currency use is a long way off.

Additionally, bitcoin is ALSO a more used form of currency than uno.

Asking again and for the final time. What makes your pumpcoin technically better than bitcoin?

right. 10% inflation till 2016 and 5% till 2020. Wow, that's a long time to hold that bitcoin until it actually does what it should: protect against inflation.
So i guess, people who have adopted bitcoin already should unadopt it again until 2016 at least?

Of course widely used bitcoin, but so is doge, you know.

'pumpcoin' lol ... is bitcoin too.
Technically better is its ability to hold value.

Don't get me wrong. I love bitcoin too. But i hate that inflation, really.

I also don't even have to defend this or that coin or talk down this or that coin. I was starting a topic about inflation and if the halving schedule of btc was fit for the net.
Since i had the answer ready (yes, high inflation btc, no doubt) and the solution at hand (fair low inflation coin) i thought i could aswell ad it to the discussion.

buddhamangler

Activity: 74

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:39:44 AM

...failed UNO promotion...

Is bitcoin's inflation news to anyone? There will be max 21 000 000 bitcoins.

sure. But number of coins is not as interesting as the inflation. Doesn't matter if 93 billion doge, 250k uno or 21mil bitcoin. What matters is the inflationrate. And that is where bitcoin fails.

Don't take shit so personal. I am not trying to talk you out or into anything. I am just making the point that bitcoin halving schedule wasn't designed for the net.

Be prepared for complete failure in case btc dumps back below 200$ or even 100$

I mean, hello?! paypal. And it dumps more on those news?

Higher inflation than fiat. You can't sell that as digital gold, honestly.

What the hell does this mean?  "...wasn't designed for the net."  That's the most ambiguous statement I've heard in a long time.  Is this a race to the inflation bottom?  How about less inflation?  No inflation?  Negative inflation? Uno has less inflation, congrats.  It also has a market cap in the hundreds of thousands and is accepted by whom?  You fail to realize that Bitcoin is the clear winner.  Whether the network affects will overtake the temporal bitcoin inflation in the short term is a discussion to be had, but the logical leap fantasy of Uno as the answer is amusing.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:40:09 AM

Aand back on ignore.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
V500 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:42:47 AM

What the hell does this mean?  "...wasn't designed for the net."  That's the most ambiguous statement I've heard in a long time.  Is this a race to the inflation bottom?  How about less inflation?  No inflation?  Negative inflation? Uno has less inflation, congrats.  It also has a market cap in the hundreds of thousands and is accepted by whom?  You fail to realize that Bitcoin is the clear winner.  Whether the network affects will overtake the temporal bitcoin inflation in the short term is a discussion to be had, but the logical leap fantasy of Uno as the answer is amusing.

ok, forget the uno part for a second.

When will it be that the adoption overtakes the inflation? I mean paypal is integrating it. What more adoption could you ask for? If it keeps declining for more months i would really start having doubts.

when i say 'wasn't designed for the net' the argument is that information (about crypto) spreads fast, but the inflation was not designed for that. The inflationrate was designed for an adoption over decades. But the net is quicker than that. Sure, maybe in 10 years my grandma finally also can use bitcoin but by then a lot of people will have lost interest or switched to lower inflation alt.
We can't wait for the very last one without risking a fail of the whole operation if you ask me. We'll see how bitcoin does until halving in 2 years. I won't be touching it if it drops below 100$ or at least not accumulating. You can daytrade that. It's not good for saving money into or holding longterm.

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:44:21 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 07:54:28 AM by IMZ

The story is there on Unobtanium's 365-day chart: it's stable; it's established.

And this arena has recently resounded with concerns about too many coins coming into play: Uno is flat-out rare.

Its community is the most coherent and disciplined that I have ever experienced.

Mark, Australia
V500 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:49:49 AM

bitcoin is good for daytrading, but not to hold large amounts for long time. Hold during rise, but be prepared for long and painful bearmarkets.

If you are a net-citizen living in information age and using the net every day used to process information fast and on top of tech, why hold an inflating coin? Bitcoin is for the masses, yes. But they'll take another 10 years to arrive. In the meantime one can store money in a coin that doesn't inflate as heavily is what i think and do.

buddhamangler

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:51:35 AM

ok, forget the uno part for a second.

When will it be that the adoption overtakes the inflation? I mean paypal is integrating it. What more adoption could you ask for? If it keeps declining for more months i would really start having doubts.

when i say 'wasn't designed for the net' the argument is that information (about crypto) spreads fast, but the inflation was not designed for that. The inflationrate was designed for an adoption over decades. But the net is quicker than that. Sure, maybe in 10 years my grandma finally also can use bitcoin but by then a lot of people will have lost interest or switched to lower inflation alt.
We can't wait for the very last one without risking a fail of the whole operation if you ask me. We'll see how bitcoin does until halving in 2 years. I won't be touching it if it drops below 100$ or at least not accumulating. You can daytrade that. It's not good for saving money into or holding longterm.

My personal opinion is sooner than you would think.  It's been 24 hours.  These things take time.  We are seeing a divergence between news and price, not an uncommon phenomenon in the world of stocks.  Markets are not rational that often.  Forget the price for a moment, and think back over the last year, what do the developments, announcements, etc for Bitcoin have in common?  Is Bitcoin dying or growing?
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:52:01 AM

When will it be that the adoption overtakes the inflation?

So, bitcoin's adoption rate is smaller than inflation?

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
V500 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:54:53 AM

guys, i really hope bitcoin gets its act together during next weeks and adoption picks up. Otherwise bad news.
Lots of people who adopted early could leave again.

It's time for a bullmarket. If that doesn't come people will leave, bitcoin can crash. Less inflating coin like uno provides a solution in case of slow adoption in case general population isn't impressed with paypal.
In any case uno is a good store of wealth. Isn't so depandant on adoption. Can hold it's value, it has proven that.

If bitcoin crashes hard. Dump it in uno. Better idea than taking a loss in a crash that will be caused mainly by inflation.

buddhamangler

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:02:24 AM

guys, i really hope bitcoin gets its act together during next weeks and adoption picks up. Otherwise bad news.
Lots of people who adopted early could leave again.

It's time for a bullmarket. If that doesn't come people will leave, bitcoin can crash. Less inflating coin like uno provides a solution in case of slow adoption in case general population isn't impressed with paypal.
In any case uno is a good store of wealth. Isn't so depandant on adoption. Can hold it's value, it has proven that.

Bitcoin has crashed in the past, multiple times, even worse than what we are dealing with now.  It will happen again even after we emerge from this until the market cap rises to a level where it won't.  For every seller there is a buyer.
V500 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:04:40 AM

When will it be that the adoption overtakes the inflation?

So, bitcoin's adoption rate is smaller than inflation?

maybe not. Maybe the price is too high. People buying it and adopting it, but they make a loss with it because of high price combined with inflation.
Saying: adoption is faster than what satoshi thought.
You get a bubble (internet spreading info fast, people adopt), price is high and the adoption drops off and inflation kills the price. Cycle repeat. Why torture people like that?

Adoption would be way faster if there was profit in it. Where is the reason to have high inflation? Latecomers are latecomers. The ones adopting first are rewarded and don't have to have so much pain during times of lower adoption. Bitcoin has a hard time to recover from those crashes each time.

V500 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:08:39 AM

having that inflation to punish the early adopters and accomodate the latecommers, where is the sense in that?

High volatility, oh boy.

The high inflation does benefit nobody really. Not even the latecomers. Because it is just eroding value nothing else. Where does that help latecomers? It is even bad for adoption.

Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:09:34 AM

UNO's total hashrate is so low that 51% attack could be made really really easily. Even, I could do it.

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
V500 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:10:35 AM

UNO's total hashrate is so low that 51% attack could be made really really easily. Even, I could do it.

that should change.

raid_n

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:25:53 AM

I love it when holders of alts pump their alt as the one and only solution to everything.

You know there is a reason why there exist what feels like a bazillion altcoins these days.
Very few coins bring true innovation. It is mostly about users wanting to get rich.

You can babble on about community and fairness all you want, the reality is you hold these coins because you want them to go up to profit, not because you want to buy bedsheets at overstock

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:28:08 AM

I've read all the posts. There's such a strong undercurrent of 'zero sum' -- Bitcoin or Unobtanium. Unobtanium bills itself as a commodity (as V500 repeatedly states, 'a store of wealth.') It has fewer features than many coins. Its market-cap is a tiny fraction of Bitcoin's, so it is accepted in fewer places than Bitcoin.

But it was designed for a specific task, and it performs that task superlatively well . In fact, it performs that task so well that the 'problem' we Uno guys have is that we all end up sitting at the kitchen table, dutifully discussing how we need to raise volume because crypto folk are so (reasonably, in most cases) focussed on volume, and this weird thing happens: no one wants to sell their Uno. It's rare as hen's teeth. It's gettin' rarer by the day. Demand for the coin is strong and constant.

People own and hold cryptos for various purposes; and if you think that it is reasonable to 'temper' your portfolio with, say, 10% of a coin that holds it value well, and will continue to do so, then . . . Unobtanium.

Mark (IndiaMkeZulu), Australia

V500 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:34:21 AM

I've read all the posts. There's such a strong undercurrent of 'zero sum' Bitcoin or Unobtanium. Unobtanium bills itself as a commodity (as V500 repeatedly states, 'a store of wealth.') It has fewer features than many coins. Its market-cap is a tiny fraction of Bitcoin's, so it is accepted in fewer places than Bitcoin.

But it was designed for a specific task, and it performs that task superlatively well . In fact, it performs that task so well that the 'problem' we Uno guys have is that we all end up sitting at the kitchen table, dutifully discussing how we need to raise volume because crypto folk are so (reasonably, in most cases) focussed on volume, and this weird thing happens: no one wants to sell their Uno. It's rare as hen's teeth. It's gettin' rarer by the day. Demand for the coin is strong and constant.

People own and hold cryptos for various purposes; and if you think that it is reasonable to 'temper' your portfolio with, say, 10% of a coin that holds it value well, and will continue to do so, then . . . Unobtanium.

Mark (IndiaMkeZulu), Australia

right. It is not uno or bitcoin. It is of course both. Bitcoin for the masses, when they arrive. In the meantime uno is good for those that are already around and want something with a lower inflation. Well, maybe i was a bit over the top to kick it off, lol.

Well, guys, check it out. Doesn't hurt. 10% portofolio in uno keeps the skin fresh Wink

'store of wealth' not more, not less. It does what it says on the package. And it's clean.

Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:46:43 AM

Same arguments over and over again:

-high inflation -> devaluation
-miners dumping their coins on the market -> sell pressure
-vendors dumping coins immediately for fiat -> sell pressure
-danger of 51% attack
-energy waste because of pow
-very big holders who could dump every moment

Did i forget something?

The funny part is, if you would read threads from 1 or 2 years ago, you would read exactly the same arguments.

Think about it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: