Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:05:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy bitcoins with cash worldwide  (Read 1312 times)
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 02:27:41 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2012, 11:27:21 AM by Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com

Spend Bitcoins has just added over 450,000 locations worldwide -- all Western Union agents -- to our deposit options on http://spendbitcoins.com/buy.

We realize that due to our added costs this is not even close to the cheapest way to buy bitcoins, so don't use this service if price is your number one concern. However, for millions of people worldwide, this option will be a much more convenient way of buying bitcoins. Not to mention our legendary customer service.

Just get a quote on our site and then walk into any Western Union agent worldwide and make a transfer to us. Within 12 hours of the funds being available to us (to allow for our sleeping time, etc) you will have bitcoins in your wallet! Pretty nifty, eh?

On a related note, you can also convert your bitcoins to cash YOU can pickup at any Western Union agent worldwide at http://spendbitcoins.com/convert. EDIT: Due to arbitrary low ATM withdrawal limits, we can't send enough to make converting bitcoins to Western Union worthwhile. If we work out a way, we'll let you know. Smiley

Have at it, people!

ccliu

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 05:45:49 AM

I noticed that your rate for USD and CAD are very different, despite the fact that CAD is worth more than USD.

If I send a WU transfer to myself in USD, will the agent be able to convert it back to CAD?

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 05:59:46 AM

I noticed that your rate for USD and CAD are very different, despite the fact that CAD is worth more than USD.

If I send a WU transfer to myself in USD, will the agent be able to convert it back to CAD?

Hi there,

Sorry for the confusion, WU transfers are only quoted in AUD. Please go to http://westernunion.com.au to see how much that will be in CAD.

Thanks!
Jeremy

ccliu

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 06:22:44 AM

Sorry, I'm completely lost on where to find the exchange rate...

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 06:41:52 AM

Sorry, I'm completely lost on where to find the exchange rate...

Sorry, that's my fault. We are working on getting the WU calculator on our site, but that may be awhile and I just wanted to get the service started ASAP.

Go to westernunion.com.au and under "Calculate online money transfer" on the right, select Canada and type the amount of CAD. This will tell you the approximate fee and amount needed in AUD. So, I just tried it with 1000 CAD and it says the total with transfer including the fee would be 1110.26 AUD.

Then input this on our site to find out how many bitcoins you need to send. So at the moment in this example it would be 232.75 BTC. As I said, not the cheapest way to convert bitcoins, but I'm sure some will find it convenient.

ccliu

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 06:47:32 AM

I was hoping it would be much cheaper, I guess not.

If I send money via WU to you do I pay fees or do you pay them?

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 06:52:53 AM

I was hoping it would be much cheaper, I guess not.

If I send money via WU to you do I pay fees or do you pay them?

You do.

Most of the ways to cash out on our site are basically free, so you might want to look at some of the other ways and see if they suit you at all.

bitcoinTrader

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 07:04:48 PM

To convert btc to WU, you pay the WU fees, since you will be sending WU?

How much time it takes?

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2012, 08:49:08 PM

To convert btc to WU, you pay the WU fees, since you will be sending WU?

How much time it takes?

Hi there,

As listed on our site, any Western Union fees are deducted from your total before sending. It takes up to 12 hours from sending your bitcoins for funds to be available to you at Western Union.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: