Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:03:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fearsome Friday, 5,600BTC of trading on GLBSE in the last 24 hours  (Read 2130 times)
Nefario (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 07:30:00 AM

In the last 24 hours we have had over 5,600BTC of trading volume.

Get ready for even more as we improve GLBSE performance, reliability, usability and throw in some awesome features into the mix.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2012, 10:27:28 PM

That's impressive, congrats!

I don't really know where to ask this, and I don't know if it's been asked, I have a feature request:

could you add in GLBSE a global balance field, showing not only btc balance, but also number of shares multiplied by latest bid prices in btc? It would give a good overview of the account at one glance?

Thank you for your hard work,
Raphy
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 01:57:32 AM

Can I buy stocks in GLBSE? Cheesy
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 03:34:07 AM

Yes, I have a few shares listed for sale.

However the contract for GLBSE seems to not be valid as I have not been getting my dividends :/

Oh lol, I didn't know there actually were stocks for GLBSE. I just thought it would be ironic investing in the investing engine.
likuidxd

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 07:12:37 AM

Can I buy stocks in GLBSE? Cheesy

Yes, I have a few shares listed for sale.

However the contract for GLBSE seems to not be valid as I have not been getting my dividends :/

Edit: It seems he recently changed the contract and took it off the main trading page. Hmm... 
Just FYI there was not a vote about this or any shareholder notification that I am aware of.

I do not really want to form a rating agency like what is currently out there. I was thinking mostly like having a check list so people could see what the company has done. This is mostly to stop clear scams like the GLBSE stock and for people to know what they are investing in. I was not thinking about giving recommendations, just a place where people can quickly see what is know about the company publicly. If not enough information is known I would be cautious but that is up to the investor.

Thanks.

My god, it doesn't end with you.

brendio

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 07:52:38 AM

Full contract:
This is a noon-voting share of ownership of the Global Bitcoin Securities Exchange(GLBSE).

I wonder what time zone it's in, and why you can only vote at noon?

brendio

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 08:12:38 AM

Full contract:
This is a noon-voting share of ownership of the Global Bitcoin Securities Exchange(GLBSE).

I wonder what time zone it's in, and why you can only vote at noon?

It is not being traded now anyway. I wonder its future. Would not mind adding more to my stash now there is income:)
Sure it is: https://glbse.com/asset/view/GLBSE

I have a share available there for 30 BTC if you're interested.

Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 09:09:10 AM

GLBSE is not publicly traded.

brendio

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 09:58:16 AM

Interesting that I was able to sell a share for 10 BTC then.  Wink

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 10:04:52 AM

That's most likely one of the fake shares from GLBSE 1.0 then... You really think Nefario wouldn't even update his own asset page or put up a "contract" of 1 line with a spelling error?

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 10:10:43 AM

That's most likely one of the fake shares from GLBSE 1.0 then... You really think Nefario wouldn't even update his own asset page or put up a "contract" of 1 line with a spelling error?

Nefario said long time ago this was a fake asset, but I wonder why he didn't remove this one just like other fake GLBSE v1 assets. (for example SIN)

brendio

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 10:14:52 AM

Nefario said long time ago this was a fake asset, but I wonder why he didn't remove this one just like other fake GLBSE v1 assets. (for example SIN)
Nefario also said a long time ago that despite the asset being fake, he would honour it with shares in GLBSE. I thought it set a bad precedent at the time, given that I had always wanted to invest in GLBSE, but couldn't because it's not public, and I had taken the time to check the signature on the fake asset and realise that it was fake. Nefario's announcement to honour the fake asset meant he was rewarding those who didn't do their homework.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 10:18:07 AM

Nefario also said a long time ago that despite the asset being fake, he would honour it with shares in GLBSE. I thought it set a bad precedent at the time, given that I had always wanted to invest in GLBSE, but couldn't because it's not public, and I had taken the time to check the signature on the fake asset and realise that it was fake. Nefario's announcement to honour the fake asset meant he was rewarding those who didn't do their homework.

So, being stupid pays off, after all, despite people saying it doesn't ,D
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 01:25:55 PM

I don't know if you remember at the time, but there was uproar, and I had partially felt responsible, I thought I should have reserved the ticker for GLBSE use only but did not.

Anyway, GLBSE is not a publicly listed asset, and I would advise anyone trading them to not spend much, they're not worth a lot (i.e. there are a lot of non-fake shares for GLBSE making these a tiny tiny tiny fraction, also GLBSE is not worth over $1Billion USD).

Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2012, 01:52:06 PM

I don't know if you remember at the time, but there was uproar, and I had partially felt responsible, I thought I should have reserved the ticker for GLBSE use only but did not.

Anyway, GLBSE is not a publicly listed asset, and I would advise anyone trading them to not spend much, they're not worth a lot (i.e. there are a lot of non-fake shares for GLBSE making these a tiny tiny tiny fraction, also GLBSE is not worth over $1Billion USD).

But you did say you would take them over and they would be valid. Are their any plans for them in the near future?

Thanks

No plans.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: