Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:57:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the Forum  (Read 1512 times)
Daengineer (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:18:15 PM

Hello everyone!

I am from Anchorage, Alaska due to the military. I am enlisted in to the United States Air force and work on the f-22 Raptor weapon systems for a living. I just finished my degree in electrical engineering and already hold a degree in aerospace engineering with a minor in astrophysics. I hope to bring some new designs to the commuity after grasping the full concept of bitcoins and such. I am also an avid coder I've been writing c++ c and c# codes since 1997 when Ultima Online was released.

Other then my profesional information I was born and raised in Indiana and moved around many times due to education and work. was born in 1989 and enjoy building and designing things.

I currently do not own any equipment but looking to build my own any advice would be highly accepted. I've done plently of research but you can never do enough.

Thank you for letting me be apart of this commuity

DaEngineer
Fenriswolf

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:13:21 PM

Welcome !

That's right, researching and studying are never enough, in criptocoins there are some concepts that takes time to understand

Good luck!
hackjack

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:13:48 PM

Welcome and come and learn about bitcoins and the people that are involved

Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:16:39 PM

Welcome to the forum!

There's a lot of useful information on here, so get stuck in  Smiley
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:36:33 PM

Hello everyone!

I am from Anchorage, Alaska due to the military. I am enlisted in to the United States Air force and work on the f-22 Raptor weapon systems for a living. I just finished my degree in electrical engineering and already hold a degree in aerospace engineering with a minor in astrophysics. I hope to bring some new designs to the commuity after grasping the full concept of bitcoins and such. I am also an avid coder I've been writing c++ c and c# codes since 1997 when Ultima Online was released.

Other then my profesional information I was born and raised in Indiana and moved around many times due to education and work. was born in 1989 and enjoy building and designing things.

I currently do not own any equipment but looking to build my own any advice would be highly accepted. I've done plently of research but you can never do enough.

DaEngineer

Apart from CryptoCurrency have u ever tried 3D printing technology ? As U r in military, it might interests U. U'll probably like to see this video of 3D printed Gun => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA

Daengineer (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:09:19 AM

Yeah I've gotten into 3D printing I've been doing it from my house since 2009. During the huge scare of Obama banning ammo and 30 round clips and such I had boom in business because I have many, many files of clips for different guns and had a pretty long life span.

Thank you everyone been looking around a lot through out the forum I hope to get to know you all well.

DaEngineer
BeginToMine

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

https://www.payaccept.net/

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 11:06:36 AM

Welcome to learn much about bitcoin and other features it offers.

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:04:37 PM

a little bit oversharing, but welcome Smiley
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:15:17 PM

Welcome sir!

Try to stick around and read some of the rules. There are a lot of interesting topics out there that could catch your interest. You can take part in any discussions here! And the best part is, you can also earn some extra cash while sharing your thoughts and ideas from the rest of the members here.

Good luck and enjoy your stay here. Smiley
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:30:52 PM

Welcome, Daengineer.
As a new joiner here, you may want to take a look at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178608.0 to get some basic info about bitcointalk.

Yeah I've gotten into 3D printing I've been doing it from my house since 2009. During the huge scare of Obama banning ammo and 30 round clips and such I had boom in business because I have many, many files of clips for different guns and had a pretty long life span.

That's very cool. You may provide the service for bitcoin as well now.  Smiley
BRE
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1014

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 01:45:22 PM

wOw i always interesting with some military stuff , welcome on board Sir.
Maybe sometimes we can talk about your toys  Grin i really interesting on that , cool F-22 raptor/

F-22 Raptor Sonic Boom ! awesome

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

https://lucky.lat/

Contact Us!
sales@lucky.lat
gbenta

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:46:29 PM

Welcome

Iam also a newbie. :-)

TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 03:51:58 PM

Hello everyone!

DaEngineer

Welcome Smiley

If you are planning on acquire your some bitcoins, then will I suggest that you start studying how to safely store your bitcoins, this knowledge is essential for using bitcoin.
There are numerous threads about the topic on the forum. 

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
Daengineer (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 09:07:49 PM

https://i.imgur.com/RKX3DA0.jpg

F-22 Raptor Sonic Boom ! awesome

That would be an f-15

This is a f-22

http://intradayfun.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/sonic_boom_f22_raptor_3.jpg

If you look at the canopy f-22's have a gold one while f-15s don't

Welcome Smiley

If you are planning on acquire your some bitcoins, then will I suggest that you start studying how to safely store your bitcoins, this knowledge is essential for using bitcoin.
There are numerous threads about the topic on the forum.  

Thank you for you advice that is one thing I haven't began to think about yet. I was many focusing on the hardware at first. I think I am just going to purchase a small device to start out with before I take the plunge.
TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 09:14:37 PM

Thank you for you advice that is one thing I haven't began to think about yet. I was many focusing on the hardware at first. I think I am just going to purchase a small device to start out with before I take the plunge.

Well, you basically just need a PC to have a bitcoin wallet.
https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

Personally I use bitcoin core, mostly because I feel comfortable with this client, and know how it works.

Smartphone will do too, but only for small amounts (day-to-day micro payments), for that I use Mycelium.

If you are planning on holding large sums, then would paper wallets be worth looking into, here can you use e.g. bitaddress.org (but download the page and run offline).

Daengineer (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 09:20:58 PM

I just started looking into "cold storage" I think my preferred method will be this since a majority of the bitcoins I do collect I will be sitting on. At least this is the game plan with my current knowledge.   
TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 09:25:36 PM

I just started looking into "cold storage" I think my preferred method will be this since a majority of the bitcoins I do collect I will be sitting on. At least this is the game plan with my current knowledge.  

Personally I have 3 "levels" of wallets:

1. Hot wallet (day-to-day spending, both workstation PC and Smartphone).
2. Cold wallet (dedicated PC only used for bitcoin, only turned on briefly when transaction is needed)
3. Cold storage (paper wallet, never spend)

There are more secure schemes than this, but for my use and amounts, is it sufficient.

Daengineer (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 09:29:22 PM

I am not well versed in the economics of the bitcoin so currently I don't understand having a day to day wallet. From what I understand is in a way it works like it's own stock exchange. 
TookDk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 09:40:26 PM

I am not well versed in the economics of the bitcoin so currently I don't understand having a day to day wallet. From what I understand is in a way it works like it's own stock exchange.  

Well, bitcoins have different use. Some have them purely for investment some use them as a currency.

Personally I use my bit coins for trading, buying/selling collectable coins and precious metals.
I can send funds directly between Europe and U.S. in matter of seconds, and the transaction only cost me a few cents, no other financial system can currently compete with that.

A typical transaction for me is to buy goods from e.g. a U.S. based seller, once he receive payment then will he ship the goods to me (or vice verse).
The bitcoin transactions are irreversible, so if I do not 100% trust the seller, then will I use an escrow for the transaction (that both buyer and seller trust).

Daengineer (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 10:07:54 PM

I do like collecting as well. I may end-up doing the same thing Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: