Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:15:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My mother's a psychic, here's what she says about BTC  (Read 5539 times)
fabrizio123

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:20:07 AM

ok now we went from a psychic mom to a scared trollbear, quick transition. yeah, general population will never understand bitcoin or run to it with arms open, nobody ever expected this. people will use what's more convenient, and bitcoin gives the opportunity to create something far beyond anything apple, google or facebook could ever possibly create - a truly world-wide, cheap, free and unrigged financial system, where actual people have control over their money.

why would people want it, when it is ready? how many people would live in their own apartment instead of barracks? what about an apartment that guaranteed to be yours and only yours no matter which government is in power? as soon as that idea sinks in, there will be no coming back to banks.

you are just one of short term speculators here who really can not see out of the box. it is ok, it's just not your time yet. come back to bitcoin in 5 years when there will be no understanding to be done and you will see the results.
Agree
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 11:01:13 AM

Shorting might be a great advise now. Please don't try to prove to me the bright future of BTC by saying things like ETF/Paypal adoption or that no other altcoins can take over. I'm well aware of these wishful arguments from here or r/bitcoinmarkets.

I'll just say that it doesn't have to be an altcoin to take over - people don't care about decentralized, they want least pain with max outcome. How many of you host your own email rather than letting google do the thing? How many use facebook connect? You know what.. "you" are not even a good representative group of the population, it's clear BTC has reached it's full potential from nerds alone.

We need joe sixpacks and computer illiterate people. And by computer illiterate people I'm saying people that pay to get their windows re-installed every 6 months because it "gets slow" or people who call their ISP about broken internet link just because they accidentally dragged the IE icon to trash bin. Why would they care about BTC technicals (arguably hard to grasp and use securely even for IT professionals) and not convenience alone?

The moment Apple, Google or Facebook launches a convenient, safe and quick value transfer system BTC will bite the dust. And no, these companies are not crazy to adopt BTC - it has a muddy PR image due to massive scams like gox, no "founder" and thousands of early adopters still silently waiting for their exit. I've seen people showing screens of their MtGox accounts with thousands of coins (could be fake, but whatever) because they lost it and can no longer do anything about it, there are certainly many people with thousands of coins lucky/smart enough not to have kept it in that childish exchange. They alone can crash the economy, I won't even touch the mining/inflation that is taking place.

ETF is still vaporware, just another day for the bulls to fix on. Many dates have passed this year with no positive impact already because things like that don't drive consumer (not company) adoption. Joe sixpacks have to have a genuine need for this or be told they need it by their peers. ETF will certainly not change that.

Look how poor an investment was BTC this year - a constant slide down after gox wrap up and scam news. I would not recommend anyone put in their money unless I wanted to lose a friend.

Paypal integrating bitcoin as justification for future success and price rises is wishful thinking? Not sure I agree with you there.

Of course crypto 2.0 coin could rise up and win the race. But as it stands bitcoin has a huge first mover advantage, huge network effect advantage and is the only crypto being built into internet payment systems globally.  It may fail but its upside potential are undeniable.

To say it has reached its potential as we are on the cusp of going mainstream, with huge VC infrastructure investment ongoing, suggests you either sold already or cannot handle the volatility of a long term bull market.

SilentJohn

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 11:07:54 AM

The concept will stay but BTC specifically will be replaced "by better stuff", I should sell before new year because the price will keep declining and there won't be any more bubbles. She has no idea there are other coins or better coins.

I have this information since spring this year, don't ask me for proof as I won't give any. Don't ask why she didn't tell me to buy it in 2010 either - she never did, I got involved myself and asked her what she thinks. I doubted but certain other things in my life followed the prediction to the letter and based on that I turned extremely bearish.

We can revisit this after new year, I'm serious and not trolling.

Yawn.. guys, just go take a read through his previous posts (via his profile) and his agenda will be clear as day.

Don't feed the trolls.

If his mother was psychic, he wouldn't need to be this vested.
lonely@thetop (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:39:28 PM

Paypal integrating bitcoin as justification for future success and price rises is wishful thinking? Not sure I agree with you there.

Of course crypto 2.0 coin could rise up and win the race. But as it stands bitcoin has a huge first mover advantage, huge network effect advantage and is the only crypto being built into internet payment systems globally.  It may fail but its upside potential are undeniable.

To say it has reached its potential as we are on the cusp of going mainstream, with huge VC infrastructure investment ongoing, suggests you either sold already or cannot handle the volatility of a long term bull market.

AltaVista had first mover advantage against Google, MySpace had first mover advantage against Facebook. Nokia had first mover advantage against iPhone. I see that everyone here believes what they want to believe and opinions catering to personal biases are favored, others dismissed.

I won't post here again. I have no agenda, just posted the message. Do what ever the fuck you want.
inca
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:01:52 PM

Of course crypto 2.0 coin could rise up and win the race. But as it stands bitcoin has a huge first mover advantage, huge network effect advantage and is the only crypto being built into internet payment systems globally.  It may fail but its upside potential are undeniable.

AltaVista had first mover advantage against Google, MySpace had first mover advantage against Facebook. Nokia had first mover advantage against iPhone. I see that everyone here believes what they want to believe and opinions catering to personal biases are favored, others dismissed.

I won't post here again. I have no agenda, just posted the message. Do what ever the fuck you want.

Well I would quite like to ask your mum the lottery numbers next week just in case..
piramida
Legendary

Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:20:06 PM

Do you even understand that your examples are all services? You can switch to another service in seconds and the cost of doing so is nearly zero. However, ipv4 had a first mover advantage against other packet transfer methods, inclidung vastly superior ipv6. That is the analogy that anybody who understands anything about bitcoin would make. You don't, so really, just go somewhere for 5 years.

i am satoshi
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:38:33 PM

I have this information since spring this year, don't ask me for proof as I won't give any.
You don't need to be psychic to realise that Bitcoin may not be the dominant crypto in the distant future.

As for no more bubbles... she is wrong I am afraid.

Source: my Gran.

Why it wouldn't be the dominant crypto in the distant future, tho?
What is Bitcoin doing wrong that another coin would do better?
Thats what should be asking, not some psychic stuff.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:40:23 AM

I have this information since spring this year, don't ask me for proof as I won't give any.
You don't need to be psychic to realise that Bitcoin may not be the dominant crypto in the distant future.

Any good features in an altcoin could be quickly implemented in bitcoin as well...

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:06:32 AM

The first mover advantage would make sense in context if Bitcoin had large numbers of users.  Bitcoin is only estimated to have 500K-2M users..

I would be singing a different tune if Bitcoin had 10 or 20 million users but doesn't.  Bitcoin pioneered the initial innovation but the torch is slowly being passed to the 2.0 coins.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
inca
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:21:55 AM

The first mover advantage would make sense in context if Bitcoin had large numbers of users.  Bitcoin is only estimated to have 500K-2M users..

I would be singing a different tune if Bitcoin had 10 or 20 million users but doesn't.  Bitcoin pioneered the initial innovation but the torch is slowly being passed to the 2.0 coins.

It is the underlying bitcoin network that gives bitcoin its network effect not simply the number of users. No altcoin is currently even close.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:33:02 AM

This is an empty statement. Provide some relevant numbers or at least some kind of logic to justify your opinion.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:34:05 AM

I must be psychic too, because I concur Smiley

Do you even understand that your examples are all services? You can switch to another service in seconds and the cost of doing so is nearly zero. However, ipv4 had a first mover advantage against other packet transfer methods, inclidung vastly superior ipv6. That is the analogy that anybody who understands anything about bitcoin would make. You don't, so really, just go somewhere for 5 years.

The best analogy I can think of is: Bitcoin is like UUCP, which was invented in 1978 and was actively used for 20 years, then when TCP/IP Internet got popular, UUCP usage dropped, but one of the last legacy UUCP services was shut down only in 2012, although very few people used it since 2000.

Bitcoin now is like UUCP in 1994 when PPP connection protocol was standardized. It can still grow, but not at its prior rate, and new emerging protocols and technologies are on the rise to make it obsolete within a few years. Or even faster than that, as the time it takes to develop technologies has contracted, as numerous examples of late show.

How about this analogy?
inca
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:46:47 AM

I must be psychic too, because I concur Smiley

The best analogy I can think of is: Bitcoin is like UUCP, which was invented in 1978 and was actively used for 20 years, then when TCP/IP Internet got popular, UUCP usage dropped, but one of the last legacy UUCP services was shut down only in 2012, although very few people used it since 2000.

Bitcoin now is like UUCP in 1994 when PPP connection protocol was standardized. It can still grow, but not at its prior rate, and new emerging protocols and technologies are on the rise to make it obsolete within a few years. Or even faster than that, as the time it takes to develop technologies has contracted, as numerous examples of late show.

How about this analogy?

What do any of the newer alt coins do that bitcoin does not? What evidence do you have that any alt coins whatsoever are gaining ground on bitcoin? I guess half a billion dollars of VC funding didn't get the memo Smiley. Anyway bitcoin isn't even the first electronic cash system to exist.
devphp

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:00:14 AM

What do any of the newer alt coins do that bitcoin does not? What evidence do you have that any alt coins whatsoever are gaining ground on bitcoin? I guess half a billion dollars of VC funding didn't get the memo Smiley. Anyway bitcoin isn't even the first electronic cash system to exist.

I am not so much referring to altcoins, as to crypto 2.0 technologies, which are much more than coins. They do quite a lot, you should do your own research and try them, I can't tell you. For one, it would be considered pumping by some, but also, you need to actually experience yourself, as well as look for evidence. I have plenty of evidence, but again, don't want to pump any certain technology here.

VCs can be biased or make mistakes, like any other human beings. If you google the stats, you will learn that most of the ventures VC invest into fail, very few of the ventures succeed, which hopefully compensate for the losses in failed ventures.
shields

Activity: 164

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:09:14 AM

It has nothing to do with being better. The Crypto community can't even reach consensus on what units to use for smaller amounts of Bitcoin, no sign of bits or millibits or whatever gaining any transaction in the industry. In what situation do you see coinbase, circle, bitpay, bitstamp etc all replacing Bitcoin with an altcoin, how would they all reach consensus on one of the 100s out there. How long would it take? what percentage of Bitcoins market cap would this other coin have to have for this to even be considered, I reckon it would have to have exceeded it.

If that's your fear, just hodl Bitcoin. If any other coin gets to 1/4 market cap of Bitcoin move 1/4 of your Bitcoin worth into it and you'll have as much of that as you did of Bitcoin. Something like this would take months if not years to happen, you'll have plenty of time to switch and it's a stupid reason not to hodl Bitcoin now.

If you liked this post -> 1KRYhandiYsjecZw7mtdLnoeuKUYoGRkH4
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:26:43 AM

I am not so much referring to altcoins, as to crypto 2.0 technologies, which are much more than coins. They do quite a lot, you should do your own research and try them, I can't tell you. For one, it would be considered pumping by some, but also, you need to actually experience yourself, as well as look for evidence. I have plenty of evidence, but again, don't want to pump any certain technology here.

VCs can be biased or make mistakes, like any other human beings. If you google the stats, you will learn that most of the ventures VC invest into fail, very few of the ventures succeed, which hopefully compensate for the losses in failed ventures.
In other words you don't know of any alts with meaningful new qualities.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
devphp

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:29:38 AM

In other words you don't know of any alts with meaningful new qualities.

I do. Check my posts history if you're interested.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:30:54 AM

You should rather get job as a physic, if you inherited some gift from your mother, then as troll.
inca
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:42:13 AM

You should rather get job as a physic, if you inherited some gift from your mother, then as troll.

Weren't you listening? He doesn't have an agenda!
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:45:36 PM

This thread...now I have seen it all  Grin

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: