Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:25:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] vs [BBR] - Fight!! - CryptoNote War  (Read 6376 times)
dvdrewritable (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:02:09 PM

▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     I  D  Ξ  A  O  L  O  G  Y     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄
SUPPORT BRIGHT IDEAS THROUGH CROWDFUNDING
Follow us on:  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Medium  |  Youtube

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
robinwilliams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:10:29 PM

i'm fairly sure your 70% is wrong.  i think if bbr had as much transactions as xmr it would be like 80% the size of xmr's blockchain.
dvdrewritable (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:20:11 PM

i think if bbr had as much transactions as xmr it would be like 80% the size of xmr's blockchain.

And if my grandma had wheels she would be a bike

But she doesn't.  We aren't comparing hypotheticals.

Reality is in front of you, these are the block-chain sizes that exists and so I documented it.

PS: BBR total TX 139,920
     XMR total TX 483,983

= 3.45 Less transactions within BBR.

Actual Blockchain size BBR is 6.42 x smaller than XMR, and the most important thing- It CAN be trimmed by design, unlike XMR

Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:16:37 AM

BBR has a worse name tho  Cheesy

fudge

Activity: 666
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:28:58 AM

I think XMR will win

Haшa гpyшa нaйpoзкopчyмaкyвaтiшa!
dvdrewritable (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:40:58 AM

I think XMR will win

I'm a little confused at the difference in market caps actually, seems that XMR is built on a sandy foundation whilst BBR is built upon concrete. (maybe sounds a little unfair but in terms of emission rate, blockchain design, proof-of-work algorithm, etc. The Bitmonero distribution is really not good IMO)

It was noted yesterday a Monero developer making git pull and copying code from BBR, without a solid idea what the code actually does. Huh

For synchronization, It was around 12 minutes for BBR, and close to 4 hours for XMR. (I have all logs and also own test-suites- anyone can verify this information independently) That is an astounding difference.!

Could you give the basis of your argument as to why I should invest into XMR instead of BBR?

I feel like If I invest into XMR I be investing into the weaker project simply because it is the flavor of the month pump/hype train. I don't like to buy into hype or 'celebrities'  It seems the market in XMR is more saturated with less chance of positive return at this point.

Looking at BBR, I just see consistent updates from the developer scrolling back. Still cannot understand why the value is so different comparatively. Did funds pour into the wrong cryptonote coin- is this a result of the 'whales' propping the price? - serious question, not trolling

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:41:48 AM

Solid infographic OP, good points. You are a brave man picking a fight with Monero on their own forums though.   Grin
robinwilliams

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:49:25 AM

Where's moneroman???

Roll Eyes
sgi02

Activity: 542
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:57:07 AM

Smoke was such a better character in the Mortal Kombat games. If Smoke was XMR, and BBR was Sub Zero, depending how the fight ends; THIS could potentially happen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxTBLKH4tZ4

Choose your destiny wisely everyone!
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:44:02 AM

Solid infographic OP, good points. You are a brave man picking a fight with Monero on their own forums though.   Grin

No one is scared to pick a fight with Monero - although, this really isn't a fight. Outside of more money being speculated in XMR, BBR is superior in every way. BBR also has the leading CN developer in the world and it isn't even close. Hell, even XMR devs admit that (look at my sig if you doubt that).

The ONLY thing XMR has done better is get speculators to speculate. However, this is about (already) to change. 

We will put SuperNet, and its potential 1000s of daily wallet (announcing soon) users aside for a moment, and just look at the landscape. There is a lot of BTC whales and outside money looking to invest at BBR. Just look at the order books, where over 25% of TOTAL coins are current bid for on the bid side.

So the market is prime to even out the ridiculous market cap between the two coins. The only question is which side do you want to place you bet on?

Don't believe me? Then just keep an eye on this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577267.4780 over the next couple of weeks. You'll get a taste of the changes to come.
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:44:31 AM

Whilist I admire Boolberry and cryptozoidberg (Generally I admire any talented developer), the reasons for XMR being larger is because the blockchain scaling is not a problem at all in my opinion. Even Bitcoin at 20 gb blockchain is nothing, Gavin is already trying to solve this with Bitcoin and any improvement could be forked over to CryptoNote. The whole scaling problem will be solved one way or another in the future by some genius dev I am not the slightest worried it will be a problem.

XMR dev team is larger than BBR, the dev team consist of atleast 10+ different developers while Boolberry have one dedicated one named cryptozoidberg, while he should have cred for his efforts, I personally believe XMR is the better investment here. Purely speaking from an investment perspective I think any change that would be made to Boolberry for the better could be ported over to XMR easily.

Monero have a better branding name, bigger following and a seems to be the winner the marked picked in this race for anonymity.
It is clearly the winner among the CryptoNote coins.

windjc
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:45:18 AM

i think if bbr had as much transactions as xmr it would be like 80% the size of xmr's blockchain.

And if my grandma had wheels she would be a bike

But she doesn't.  We aren't comparing hypotheticals.

Reality is in front of you, these are the block-chain sizes that exists and so I documented it.

PS: BBR total TX 139,920
     XMR total TX 483,983

= 3.45 Less transactions within BBR.

Actual Blockchain size BBR is 6.42 x smaller than XMR, and the most important thing- It CAN be trimmed by design, unlike XMR

Bingo
robinwilliams

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:45:57 AM

Lol plus blueberry name  Cheesy
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:48:27 AM

Whilist I admire Boolberry and cryptozoidberg (Generally I admire any talented developer), the reasons for XMR being larger is because the blockchain scaling is not a problem at all in my opinion. Even Bitcoin at 20 gb blockchain is nothing, Gavin is already trying to solve this with Bitcoin and any improvement could be forked over to CryptoNote. The whole scaling problem will be solved one way or another in the future by some genius dev I am not the slightest worried it will be a problem.

XMR dev team is larger than BBR, the dev team consist of atleast 10+ different developers while Boolberry have one dedicated one named cryptozoidberg, while he should have cred for his efforts, I personally believe XMR is the better investment here. Purely speaking from an investment perspective I think any change that would be made to Boolberry for the better could be ported over to XMR easily.

Monero have a better branding name, bigger following and a seems to be the winner the marked picked in this race for anonymity.

Bigger is not better. This is a MYTH. Satoshi proved this and so have other leading devs - BTCNext, JL777, etc.

However, plans are in the works to bring in other developers to build out the BBR eco-system.. In fact, I have been contacted by several already just this week. And, one of the best in crypto, JL777 is already providing an amazing 3rd party platform through SuperNet to support the distribution of BBR.

Monero isn't a better branding name. It does have a bigger speculation following, but relatively speaking both coins are small in following. There is no WINNER. The best winner in ANON TECH will be the best ANON TECH.

You have been fed a pack of lies. You have bought into those lies. Going forward - over next 3-6 months you will see that all your points were just myths, based on nothing but hype and propaganda.

But don't take my word for it. Watch this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577267.4780 and decide for yourself in the coming weeks.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:48:52 AM

Lol plus blueberry name  Cheesy

This is the best you can do? Lol. Really? Ok. Wink
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:50:45 AM

BBR has a worse name tho  Cheesy

Not really. And this is about as weak of an argument for a Anon Tech coin as you can possibly have. In fact, it makes XMR look weak to talk about BBR's name. Come up with something substantial.
Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:54:17 AM

Bigger is not better. This is a MYTH. Satoshi proved this and so have other leading devs - BTCNext, JL777, etc.
So let's all praise the one man team v.s the 10 man team. Let's praise zoidberg to be our god for the development. Shall we?

Monero isn't a better branding name. It does have a bigger speculation following, but relatively speaking both coins are small in following. There is no WINNER. The best winner in ANON TECH will be the best ANON TECH.
Monero being the best name is subjective, although I am sure many agree with me on this one. The best anon tech is CryptoNote already, I don't think any small changes here and there s going to make such a difference in the future 2 years from now or so. It all comes down to what the market choose and looks like we already have a winner here considering the market cap and developers backing it.

You have been fed a pack of lies. You have bought into those lies. Going forward - over next 3-6 months you will see that all your points were just myths, based on nothing but hype and propaganda.

But don't take my word for it. Watch this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577267.4780 and decide for yourself in the coming weeks.
Bring it on. I have picked my favorite already.  Grin

windjc
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:57:55 AM

So let's all praise the one man team v.s the 10 man team. Let's praise zoidberg to be our god for the development. Shall we?

If you dont think the developer is the most important part of the coin and community, then this may explain why you are buying XMR and not BBR.

Monero being the best name is subjective, although I am sure many agree with me on this one. The best anon tech is CryptoNote already, I don't think any small changes here and there s going to make such a difference in the future 2 years from now or so. It all comes down to what the market choose and looks like we already have a winner here considering the market cap and developers backing it.

If you think these "changes" are small or the fact that 1 developer has out developed 7? 10? (I thought it was 7, but whatever) is not an issue, it probably explains why you are buying XMR and not BBR.

Bring it on. I have picked my favorite already.  Grin

If you are just sticking to you guns because you "picked a favorite" already then it probably explains...well you know. Smiley
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:54:14 AM

However, plans are in the works to bring in other developers to build out the BBR eco-system.. In fact, I have been contacted by several already just this week. And, one of the best in crypto, JL777 is already providing an amazing 3rd party platform through SuperNet to support the distribution of BBR.

Now I know you have no idea what you're talking about. The best possible team size to have is a size of 4-9 people. Monero devs have 7, Boolberry has just 1.

Also, Satoshi Nakamoto was most likely more than 1 person, as shown by his use of the word "we" in replies.

Monero is a hugely better branding name, Boolberry sounds like a brand of cereal, not a currency.

vuduchyld

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:10:29 AM

Devs worked together on the BCX threat.

Methinks the crypto community would be better served by recognizing and saluting cooperation instead of battling.

Actually, as for the OP, I thought it was somewhat clever, but sure to spawn unproductive comments.

Disclosure: I own both and I'm happy to own both.  My holdings are in pretty close proportion to the market caps, so I own more Monero. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: