Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should I reopen the ICO?
YES - 11 (84.6%)
NO - 2 (15.4%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ENVY] Envy Coin | ICO closed - Did not meet Min BTC Refund will start soon  (Read 43529 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 06:50:06 PM

There will be no mining unless we meet the minimum BTC. And we only have a few hours and need a min of 83 more BTC. It could happen there was an ICO that sold a few hundred in about a day.

What about lowering expectations and living with what you get? Hard to recover from a failed ICO, it sends a negative message.

If this ICO fails like it looks like it will the coin will be canceled there will be no envy. I also will not attempt another coin. This will be a huge financial loss for me. And it shows me that I do not have ideas that most of crypto likes.

Hmm.. BitSwift raised > 320 BTC ... I really wonder why you only have raised like 17 BTC

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
tom14cat14 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:51:02 PM

There will be no mining unless we meet the minimum BTC. And we only have a few hours and need a min of 83 more BTC. It could happen there was an ICO that sold a few hundred in about a day.

What about lowering expectations and living with what you get? Hard to recover from a failed ICO, it sends a negative message.

You have to remember this ICO is not for my time or something we will try to make in the future. It is for items that have a set price that will be bought with ICO funds.
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:55:07 PM

If this ICO fails like it looks like it will the coin will be canceled there will be no envy. I also will not attempt another coin. This will be a huge financial loss for me. And it shows me that I do not have ideas that most of crypto likes.

Hmm.. BitSwift raised > 320 BTC ... I really wonder why you only have raised like 17 BTC

I know. I try not to name other coins that surprise me with how much they raise. I have seen more than just them raise that and more with no name accounts and something that is pure speculation. What I mean by that is if they do not succeed with their idea the coin will be worth 0. Envy would need our ideas to bring this coin to everyone to fail as well as cloud mining to fail. Their is less risk compared to most other alt coins.
earlz

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 06:59:24 PM

My personal speculation is that ICOs these days are an insider game. If you aren't on the inside with a huge network of whales, you won't sell much.

Look at what BitSwift is promising. They're promising to add some features that many other coins have, and then they are promising to add mobile staking wallets (which requires a full node, and is thus probably nearly impossible, not to mention Apple is very adverse to crypto wallets). There was one of the team members that came into #bittrex and asking for leads on a dev that could build the mobile staking wallets for them. This indicates they don't even have a good developer working on this for them full time, determining if the stuff they put in marketing is even possible.

This is all my personal speculation. I would've thought the same thing even if I was not associated with ENVY.

Check out my full list of Coin Reviews
Currently working on the Qtum Project
My Skype account earlzdotnet has been compromised. Please report to me any usage seen from it, or from the email earlz@earlz.biz.tm
Tony Lane

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Ubermaster

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:01:31 PM

You have to remember this ICO is not for my time or something we will try to make in the future. It is for items that have a set price that will be bought with ICO funds.

So what is the B plan if the ICO doesn't sell out? Or would you throw in the towel?

❚ ❙ ❘                  ❘ ❙ ❚ P H O R E ❚ ❙ ❘                   ❘ ❙ ❚
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:10:33 PM

So what is the B plan if the ICO doesn't sell out? Or would you throw in the towel?

Towel will be thrown in. I can't keep everyone's money tied up hoping people will change their mind. I spent $3k to get it here and I will not do it again. People have voted with their money and they have told me they don't want a coin with an actual plan to make you money. Or they don't want me. I just read some of the recent ICO's and I know what I did wrong. I gave a plan with a lot of planning and thought. That meant you would have to read a bunch. I read some of the others and they say we will work on more things once we get the money. And we are taking a large portion of the funds to pay ourselves. I just can't help but laugh and how people invest. It almost makes me think they have a high amount of BTC. And they buy their own ICO so others will throw their BTC at it. Than they wash a repeat. (Not saying all but some seem like it)
LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:26:45 PM

Towel will be thrown in. I can't keep everyone's money tied up hoping people will change their mind. I spent $3k to get it here and I will not do it again. People have voted with their money and they have told me they don't want a coin with an actual plan to make you money. Or they don't want me. I just read some of the recent ICO's and I know what I did wrong. I gave a plan with a lot of planning and thought. That meant you would have to read a bunch. I read some of the others and they say we will work on more things once we get the money. And we are taking a large portion of the funds to pay ourselves. I just can't help but laugh and how people invest. It almost makes me think they have a high amount of BTC. And they buy their own ICO so others will throw their BTC at it. Than they wash a repeat. (Not saying all but some seem like it)

I would agree that some of these ico's are people buying up there own designs, look at some of them, they are half arsed and offer nothing more than a ferrari shell with a rover metro engine inside.

I have no idea how this one hasn't gained serious traction.

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
rsturtle

Activity: 67

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:30:40 PM

Man that's a shame we're not going to get off the ground. I'm sorry you had so much invested into this :/ You don't think there is any alternative? Really it's such a good idea. People WOULD come if there was a working coin. The name of the game in most coins is expansion over time, all the other ones end up being rushed into with massive support are pump-dumps. Not saying if there was a successful ICO that would have happened, but there may have been merit in trying to start small, which would also help reward early adopters.

I'm sure you have reasons for giving it up, but from looking in as someone that's not a dev, there was so much potential.
This could could have ACTUALLY been different. Not just a new algorithm or other trivial shit.
Tony Lane

Ubermaster

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:39:19 PM

Man that's a shame we're not going to get off the ground. I'm sorry you had so much invested into this :/ You don't think there is any alternative? Really it's such a good idea. People WOULD come if there was a working coin. The name of the game in most coins is expansion over time, all the other ones end up being rushed into with massive support are pump-dumps. Not saying if there was a successful ICO that would have happened, but there may have been merit in trying to start small, which would also help reward early adopters.

I'm sure you have reasons for giving it up, but from looking in as someone that's not a dev, there was so much potential.
This could could have ACTUALLY been different. Not just a new algorithm or other trivial shit.

Please rethink. I know this is an emotional time for you, personally and professionally but you are the first to think of this. Someone else will just cheaply pick up all your hard work and launch another coin with the same elements and you'll kick yourself.

tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:44:31 PM

The only thing I could say is join Firecoin. I have this small scale over there. That is were I tweaked the method to know this could be scaled. The problem is I don't know who to gain the funding to expand. The only think I could think of is fork Firecoin with a higher coin count. We would have to freeze the market and then have large block with ICO coins. Every holder of Fire would hold theirs or do a swap for new coin but I don't even know if it is possible. Earls would have to speak to that. He would also have to be willing to join that team IF it could work. Otherwise it would be all donation based.
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 07:51:52 PM

Please rethink. I know this is an emotional time for you, personally and professionally but you are the first to think of this. Someone else will just cheaply pick up all your hard work and launch another coin with the same elements and you'll kick yourself.

I just don't know how to keep this open. I am all ears. Bittrex can't do a ton because they still have to protect the buyers. I know they give me a more leeway than others because they trust me. But at some point we have to go based on terms of the ICO.

You guys know what is amazing. There are some pretty big users ( rep wise) very few newbies in here. And this is probably the least fud thread I have seen for a new coin. I am about hit the road so I will be off for 5 hours. Please post ideas. I will check from my phone as time gets closer. I just don't see how I can ask bittrex to hold everyone's coins for a few days when we hope to sell more than 4 times what has been sold to date. I do not think they would be ok changing the min BTC to complete ICO.
Tony Lane

Ubermaster

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:31:35 PM

I just don't know how to keep this open. I am all ears. Bittrex can't do a ton because they still have to protect the buyers. I know they give me a more leeway than others because they trust me. But at some point we have to go based on terms of the ICO.

You guys know what is amazing. There are some pretty big users ( rep wise) very few newbies in here. And this is probably the least fud thread I have seen for a new coin. I am about hit the road so I will be off for 5 hours. Please post ideas. I will check from my phone as time gets closer. I just don't see how I can ask bittrex to hold everyone's coins for a few days when we hope to sell more than 4 times what has been sold to date. I do not think they would be ok changing the min BTC to complete ICO.

You'd have to find a way for those who want out to get their BTC back. I think Bittrex and those committed to seeing this through would prefer a middle ground where everybody's happy.

candlesticks

Activity: 345

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:52:56 PM

Just a half-baked thought. Set a buy wall and sell wall at 2000 sats, with the max coin cap at 5 mill. That way those who want out, can get refund, and more buyers can come in.Might be a waste of time, but it seems more are willing to wait, than ready to bail. IDK might just create more stress for the dev, any other thoughts?

http://www.paycon.xyz/  Can you CON us? Try your luck at http://con-games.tk/con/blackjack Come chat with us on Slack
Tony Lane

Ubermaster

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:05:11 PM

Just a half-baked thought. Set a buy wall and sell wall at 2000 sats, with the max coin cap at 5 mill. That way those who want out, can get refund, and more buyers can come in.Might be a waste of time, but it seems more are willing to wait, than ready to bail. IDK might just create more stress for the dev, any other thoughts?

Good idea. I'd go with that.

tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:07:03 PM

I thought of that but it would need to be 1 sat different. Otherwise the buy wall and sell wall would execute each others order. Sorry for any mistakes texting from car.
Tony Lane

Ubermaster

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:09:15 PM

You'd be doing things a lot smaller, but there would still be returns and therefore the coin would remain asset-backed. Sticking to the reinvest plan should mean profit grows, albeit slower, but less coins might offset this to an extent, in terms of value.

IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:31:03 PM

Holy cow!  I can't fricken believe more has not sold:-(  It's just insane to see other ICOs doing so well and this one having such a hard time, unbelievable where people choose to invest their money!! 

It flat out SUCKS this isn't gonna make it, was a GREAT idea with a trustworthy dev:-(

Really sorry Tom for the hit you are taking on this man!
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:37:58 PM

You'd be doing things a lot smaller, but there would still be returns and therefore the coin would remain asset-backed. Sticking to the reinvest plan should mean profit grows, albeit slower, but less coins might offset this to an extent, in terms of value.

Just doing quick math in my head if we did drop the min a go with what we have now we would earn around .18 btc per day. Then take away fees it would be close to .12 per day. We would only be able to get 1 Mh more per week with reinvestment. I just don't see it working on this small of a scale.
Framauro

Activity: 431

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:43:47 PM

So, are we gonna mine or not? i'm a little confused Huh
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:49:25 PM

So, are we gonna mine or not? i'm a little confused Huh

At this point it looks like the coin will not meet the minimum. Which means there will be no envy. This coin waded based on getting enough funds to actually help. I could be like some of the anon dev and have not had a min and just take what you guys gave me. But I actually had a plan for the funds and it requires a minimum amount to do anything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: