Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:49:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guys im really new to this mining side of bitcoin.. Beginners Help!  (Read 1134 times)
NebulaBxtch (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:58:21 AM

if you can take like 2 minutes out your day and just tell me the basics.. how long does it take to break even? how much money you make/lose, profit off like 130 gh/s ?
and just advice if you have any
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 05:52:22 AM

Nobody can tell you for sure since the variables (difficulty and btc price to name two) are unpredictable.   Unless you have fairly cheap energy, it's safe to say ROI is not an easy thing to attain.  Try googling "bitcoin mining calculator" there are a few tools, try them with various values and you'll have an idea.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3269

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 07:15:37 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2014, 03:42:45 PM by odolvlobo

if you can take like 2 minutes out your day and just tell me the basics.. how long does it take to break even? how much money you make/lose, profit off like 130 gh/s ?

I can tell you the basics in less than 2 minutes.

1. You want your mining revenue to exceed the total cost of the power and equipment.  Otherwise, you will lose money.
2. The amount of bitcoins that a fixed hash rate will mine drops as the difficulty increases.
3. The difficulty will probably rise fast enough so that your power costs will exceed your mining revenue in 9 months, and you will have to stop mining (or buy new equipment).
4. 130 GH/s will probably earn no more than 0.37 BTC if you start mining now. If you pay more than 0.37 BTC for 130 GH/s, you will never break even.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
BeginToMine

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

https://www.payaccept.net/

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 11:04:25 AM

you need to get free or cheap electricity to earn something.

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:24:15 PM

The following 2 sites might help u in calculating Bitcoin Mining Profit...

i. https://alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

ii. http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3269

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:36:11 PM

The following 2 sites might help u in calculating Bitcoin Mining Profit...
i. https://alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator
ii. http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/

Do not use either of those calculators. They will give you incorrect results. The first does not account for an increasing difficulty. The second uses misleading default values.

This is a better calculator: https://tradeblock.com/mining/

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:56:41 PM

It depends on the miner cost, the electricity cost and the future mining difficulty increasing rate.

My advice: Before you buy the miner, please check the profitability yourself with a mining calculator like https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator
Undefeatable

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:07:43 AM

If you are buying mining gear, time to break-even is never... So buy bitcoin directly since its really cheap now.

orsotheysaid

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:38:13 PM

Mining is game over unless you can somehow get really cheap electricity. I have no idea big miner guys are making profits. If they save Bitcoins and it goes to the moon in the future, they'll be rich for sure tho.
fathur01

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:44:17 PM

Try to look at some threads in the mining section or buy ghs on cex.io
M8

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:50:07 PM

Mining is game over unless you can somehow get really cheap electricity. I have no idea big miner guys are making profits. If they save Bitcoins and it goes to the moon in the future, they'll be rich for sure tho.

IT's not even just about free electriicty, but you've got to invest a lot of money in mining equipment too to get anything decent. I'd leave mining alone.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:53:30 AM

It's a lot of individual items.  Hard to be same for everyone.  Having some spare PSU's and low electricity price will help.

The 100ish ghz is small now in SHA.  I would say you need a bit more to really see much profit 
chairoverflow

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:46:24 AM

I can tell you the basics in less than 2 minutes.

1. You want your mining revenue to exceed the total cost of the power and equipment.  Otherwise, you will lose money.
2. The amount of bitcoins that a fixed hash rate will mine drops as the difficulty increases.
3. The difficulty will probably rise fast enough so that your power costs will exceed your mining revenue in 9 months, and you will have to stop mining (or buy new equipment).
4. 130 GH/s will probably earn no more than 0.37 BTC if you start mining now. If you pay more than 0.37 BTC for 130 GH/s, you will never break even.
I agree with you. I think if any one could mange electricity in low price, it increase the chance of making profit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: