Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:33:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: china may fuckup bitcoin after russia  (Read 2588 times)
ccpfuckbtc (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 06:15:50 AM

China is a communist state as Russia before. Their communist gov is evil, and have killed millions of people and destroyed culture. They hate any freedom and human right.

As you knew, China has banned this site bitcointalk.org after their central bank banned btc. I knew there are many Chinese trade btc and ignore gov's ban, but if communist party throw them to jail for bitcoin?

Because now China is "anti-terrorism" and banned foreign videos on web(after they banned youtube, their own sites still have),and they banned google, banned fb, twit. etc.

So I Think The fucking communist party will fuck up bitcoin in china, and may use their miners to 51% attack the btc network?
btckold24

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 07:02:51 AM

my buddy has the same theory. I thought it was a little crazy at first but you may be right.

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 08:04:50 AM

Well...the thing is....they have already done that...

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4488

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:13:16 AM

they can ban websites and close down businesses but they cant destroy the blockchain.

just like in the 1930's they can prohibit alcohol, but they cant stop people physically drinking it

there will always be a way for people to continue doing what they are doing. once governments realise all the attempts to prohibit bitcoin, wont break it. they will give in.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Billbags

Activity: 280

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 07:35:49 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2014, 08:04:09 PM by Billbags

@franky 1
That's right, when the government creates regulations against the bitcoin system that the people are already adapting to, those regulations will actually make the people resist and revolt against the old money system even harder. This also creates more people learning about bitcoin and not wanting the old money system either, so the government will eventually have to give in because they can't destroy the blockchain so they can't stop the people.

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 09:13:15 PM

China is a communist state as Russia before. Their communist gov is evil, and have killed millions of people and destroyed culture. They hate any freedom and human right.

As you knew, China has banned this site bitcointalk.org after their central bank banned btc. I knew there are many Chinese trade btc and ignore gov's ban, but if communist party throw them to jail for bitcoin?

Because now China is "anti-terrorism" and banned foreign videos on web(after they banned youtube, their own sites still have),and they banned google, banned fb, twit. etc.

So I Think The fucking communist party will fuck up bitcoin in china, and may use their miners to 51% attack the btc network?

If they BAN it, why they would then spend electricity to try to destroy it? IS better if they do 51 attack and steal some BTC and adopt BTC and spend them. But they dont need that they just print CYN.
Billbags

Activity: 280

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 09:49:06 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2014, 04:55:45 AM by Billbags

^ There are solutions for the 51% attack situation. When the fix needs to be implimented it will be. (A nameless bitcoin dev) and others have had the solution ready for awhile now. The whole 51% thing just makes good press, it's all about fear, thats why you never hear that it would be noticed immediately and the fix would shut it down almost immediately making all the attackers blocks invalid.

Note: The News Media pumps you full of fear, there's floods, there's disease, there's racism, there's murder, cut to commercial, buy the Acura, buy the Colgate, if you have bad breath people are not going to talk to you, if you have pimples, the girl's are not going to f@#k you, and it's all a campaign of fear, and consumption, that's what the News Media is based on, the whole idea of 'keep everyone afraid and they'll consume'.

* As a miner my only worries are with the "Arms Race" between the Asic Manufacturers which is not hyped-up fear, it's a fact.

eleuthria:  "The future of Bitcoin mining will likely end up in a Cold War/Mutually Assured Destruction type arms race between a handful of ASIC manufacturers....The entire system functions based off a zero-sum game of chance.....I just hope we end up with enough players in the game to prevent full consolidation of mining power".

ckolivas:  "Yes. I've written new pool software now, but that can't save the home miners....The economies of scale are what's killing home miners. It's no longer about software and protocols".

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
Traffic4u

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 10:36:35 PM

No they will not attempt to "51%" the bitcoin network.

They seem to be making it difficult to talk and learn about bitcoin (as of now). They will likely attempt to block the use of bitcoin in the future either via the GFW or via regulation.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:29:56 AM

You are both idiots. Coming from me that's really saying something!
Skoupi

Activity: 252

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:33:34 AM

bitcoin is semi banned in china... yet i see many chinese exchanges with massive volumes...
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:35:48 AM

Derp
RustyNomad

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 08:58:55 AM

Nothing like a government ban to drive mass adoption.

People always want what they are told they cannot have.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:10:05 AM

China has had to undergo mass industrialization very quickly they doing pretty well and they built the 3 gorges dam that puts out about 3 watts per person continuously

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
bumpk1nK

Activity: 265

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:11:45 AM

What China gov care about is just protecting CYN and increasing ASICs miner sales to get more taxes. Forget about 51% now, it is in China interest to sell as much as possible ASICs units

dc98wdHhcjkwleHUnBce8gd87teibN9ys38y3uTgsHG02e9-ok my keyboard works!
Insurance is a ripoff.
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:50:43 AM

What China gov care about is just protecting CYN and increasing ASICs miner sales to get more taxes. Forget about 51% now, it is in China interest to sell as much as possible ASICs units

Yes, since whole China economy stand on ASICs units.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:14:20 PM

China does not want to ban btc.
Notice there are lots of China banning btc news coming out but people in China are still using it.
If China is seriously banning btc, they would ban people from buying btc in China.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 07:03:33 PM

no government required, you managed to fit a lot of stereotypes in there congratulations -

i rather see China as a leader of free markets is many aspects, it is of course a chaotic and schizophrenic free market.

but nevertheless more open with much more competition than the "west" 

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
btcstomper

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:05:34 PM

China does not want to ban btc.
Notice there are lots of China banning btc news coming out but people in China are still using it.
If China is seriously banning btc, they would ban people from buying btc in China.
You cant do that. In any case banning is a double edged sword, it will make for people to grow a fascination with Bitcoin, just how people is fascinated with weed. I reckon if it was legal, it wouldn't be seen as cool and interest would actually decline. Banners can't win.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 07:14:23 PM

It is a very common misunderstanding that having 51% of the hash power will "destroy" the network.
Actually the network will be intact, but it gives them the ability to double spend their own transactions.
There is also some lucked involved, they have to maintain 51% and be lucky at the same time over a period of time.
It would cause drama and media attention for sure, but bitcoin dev could relatively fast fork and release a new core and the majority of the "true" users would follow.
And all the "attack hashing" from the attacker would be wasted, since the double spends would be reversed in the new chain.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 07:16:07 PM

Are you surprised to their reaction since scores of corrupts party officials used BTC to illegally export their fortunes abroad without leaving a cloue to police? Given such facts are you surprised that the current PRC President who is fighting his party corruption (to keep is power, not for people sake) instructed their LEOs, Judges, Prosecutors & other Party's official to suppress BTC?
 Wink Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: