Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2018, 09:36:28 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.0  [Torrent]. (New!)
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bitcoin Working tweaks, Litecoin not. - Any help?  (Read 916 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2012, 11:54:18 AM

Hey all I recently set up to mine bitcoin and I am getting 160ish on the GPU when I moved to a command line program, so all is well there, only 60-70 through the GUI programs where I couldn't set aggression to 5.

1, Set to Solo, Using Litecoin however I am stuck with 0 hashes per second using the client. The system appears fast enough for it desktop/dual core X2 6000+, windows 7. So I should be getting some number. It shows no error in the dialogue box. I would post this in the alternate currencies forum but this seems the place for new comers to post.

-edit An update Litecoin now goes between 0 and around 1000 on a regular basis, is this normal? (Using 1 thread).

2, For Bitcoin - Is aggression using phoenix 5 reasonable for a 5770 Card? I read that was recommend for a mid range card that was in use at the same time for browsing the net. I seem to have fallen lucky Smiley in that I have the right kind of card for mining at a reasonable rate.

3, Running more than one system, will older laptops have okay litecoin performance on its cpu. - Rough question, seeking a rough answer.

Thanks for any help

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 12:32:45 AM

What miner are you using?

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2012, 02:11:51 AM

you can mine bitcoins on your 5770 with a program like cgminer, a 5770 should get about 200Mhash/s with some overclocking
Cgminer is located here ->

Litecoin uses a different proof of work.
 for cpu mining poolers miner is the best
for gpu mining the reaper program works

IMO atm Litecoin is barely viable and pretty pointless and expensive on gpu compare to bitcoin.

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd Double Geometric Reward System for Litecoin mining DGM| VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.