Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 10:47:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcointalk  (Read 2334 times)
goddyvips001 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 01:25:17 PM

Cool down man

I'm not angry at all - just trying to point out that the line "just hit ignore" when you see post after post of crap is "not very useful advice".

You are a legendary member and very experience and trusted person ,you have apoint
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 01:44:06 PM

I agree with CIYAM for the most part. On the other hand there are staff and legendary members with adds in their profiles. You can't put all advertisers in one basket.
I really don't think the quality of my posts would change if somebody decided to pay me for using his logo. The best solution here would be for the staff members to identify spam accounts (ones with a history of short, off topic posts and ban them. Maybe hire some dedicated people to clean up this mess.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 01:45:52 PM

They are very easy to spot and I regularly report any spammers I find, I can understand hating those wankers but demanding that the whole forum change just because of them is a bit ridiculous.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 01:48:15 PM

You can't put all advertisers in one basket.
Maybe hire some dedicated people to clean up this mess.

Agreed and there are mods trying their best already to "clean up the mess" but their job has been made very hard by the ad-sponsored posts (this was all discussed in another thread - maybe someone would be kind enough to find that and link it here).

I am not against "freedom of speech" (i.e. would never try to people stop posting because of political content that some governments might not like). I just don't think "freedom of speech" == "freedom to spam".

I am in HK now and man walking down Nathan Road (yes - poor choice of location I'll agree) is a bit like reading this forum (at every corner some guy trying to hassle you to buy a watch or some other thing).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 01:57:59 PM

Too many alts spam all over the place then try to sell their accounts to make $10.. A shame its gone down to rubbish Sad
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:12:58 PM

Great place to cure me of gambling with real money... Now I just lose bitcoin.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:20:28 PM

Agreed and there are mods trying their best already to "clean up the mess" but their job has been made very hard by the ad-sponsored posts (this was all discussed in another thread - maybe someone would be kind enough to find that and link it here).

I am not against "freedom of speech" (i.e. would never try to people stop posting because of political content that some governments might not like). I just don't think "freedom of speech" == "freedom to spam".

I am in HK now and man walking down Nathan Road (yes - poor choice of location I'll agree) is a bit like reading this forum (at every corner some guy trying to hassle you to buy a watch or some other thing).

I agree with you.
To much SPAM and it's not easy to find many good quality post anymore.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
hakkzpets2

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:30:42 AM

I am here to learn about BTC. So I think Bitcointalk is a great place for learning about BTC and also altcoin.
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 10:16:35 AM

Everything seems to be about gambling and other alt coins now with a bit of newbie loan scamming going on.

Dr. Pepper

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:35:01 AM

I agree with you.
To much SPAM and it's not easy to find many good quality post anymore.

Practice what you preach. Most of your posts are crap in off-topic. The rest aren't up to much either  Roll Eyes.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:40:33 AM

Great forum, you get a lot freedom here, and yes, scammers will use this freedom in their benefit.

Great as well that you can earn BTC with sig campaigns, but that results in mega spammers to bump up their rank and eventually sell their accounts.
goddyvips001 (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:41:44 AM

Off topic is a place were you can post anything not related to bitcoin .
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:46:21 AM

Off topic is a place were you can post anything not related to bitcoin .

What has this got to do with anything? Seems a bit... off topic  Cheesy.
SamTsuedo

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:55:57 AM

I love bitcointalk Smiley see, that wasn't so hard to say.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:30:29 AM

I really like this forum , you can learn a new thing every day and the  community  is awesome !

Thanks bitcointalk Smiley.
catena5260

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 10:35:22 AM

I hate newbies that post senseless topics only rise post count.

It is my only con here

bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 11:09:55 AM

I like bitcointalk because i have learnt so much just from some helpful members here and the link are manly always good, saves sorting though google crap just to find a good article.
Also where else could i have gotten pizza and a roast dinner for bitcoin  Wink

vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 02:10:25 PM

i like bitcointalk, and it should stay the way it is. i hate any kind of censorship and i think they have a good balance here between censorship and freedom of speech, although sometime i do wonder why they delete the odd post of mine XD. never mind

keep it the way it is a forum with no spam is no forum what so ever, and in fairness some of the spam is pretty funny Cheesy

if they wanted to stop spammers they simply ban ad campaigns that would very very quickly get rid of alot of people and just leave the dedicate people aswell as some dedicated trolls, sadly trolls and spammers are part of the internet and if you dont like it then turn off the computer and read a book

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: