Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:02:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Moderated Monero General Discussion Thread  (Read 11134 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
monero-extended (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:10:28 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 10:03:58 PM by monero-extended

This thread is for discussions related to Monero. It will be moderated by various persons, presently Anon136.

If you are a troll or fudster don’t bother posting here, your post will be deleted. To all others, welcome. If I see a reply that I just deleted quoted than I'm going to that reply also.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 12:26:22 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2014, 01:36:08 AM by David Latapie

F___t (my turn Smiley)

Seriously, I just re-created the moderated general thread for scalability reasons. When I proposed that the ANN would have a dedicated account, I expected it would be useful and it actually proved to be beyond imagination. For obvious reasons, I created this thread with "monero-extended" and not "monero". Anon136 has the password so he will moderate if he agrees to do so.

blaaaaacksuit, xulescu, statdude, Anon136, pa, smooth, Mumbles, Nekomata, PestoQuinty, generalizethis, iourzzz, Bassica, ×, feel free to repost your old posts here.

I'll conclude with one of my favourite quote, from The Cathedral and the Bazaar:
When you lose interest in a program, your last duty to it is to hand it off to a competent successor.
So, Anon136, don't forget to find a successor when you'll be tired!

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 01:49:58 AM

For the immediate funding needs, can an early GUI be offered to donors for a test-run?

For long-term funding, can the mix-in include a percentage fee to the devs?

And thank you for creating a Troll free zone. If I ever see the name Surplus Bob on here, I'll, I'll...thank him for helping me get discounted Monero  Grin

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 02:23:19 AM

For the immediate funding needs, can an early GUI be offered to donors for a test-run?

And thank you for creating a Troll free zone. If I ever see the name Surplus Bob on here, I'll, I'll...thank him for helping me get discounted Monero  Grin
Unfortunately, the early GUI is not possible. This is not a puzzle where you can appreciate half of the picture if you only have half of the pieces. When the GUI will be usable, it would be 90% complete.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
monero-extended (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:27:55 AM

Hi everybody.

This is anon136. I guess I'll be moderating this thread for a little while. Since we are having such a problem with trolling and fud elsewhere ill probably be leaning more towards the over zealous side so please don't be too offended if I delete your post and you didn't intend to spam. With that said i want critics to feel welcome here. I will not be deleting posts simply because you have a criticism of monero so long as your posts are tactful, don't contain any logical fallacies, rhetorical trickery or sophism in general and do contain at least one argument of legitimate substance.
monero-extended (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:29:32 AM

When you lose interest in a program, your last duty to it is to hand it off to a competent successor.
So, Anon136, don't forget to find a successor when you'll be tired!

Understood.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 06:14:43 AM

For immediate funding, donation and MEW membership are useful mechanisms, and encouraging others for this would help also.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:53:33 AM

Hi! I read the whole thread and the air is so clear here  Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
sparky999

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:08:45 AM

Unfortunately, the early GUI is not possible. This is not a puzzle where you can appreciate half of the picture if you only have half of the pieces. When the GUI will be usable, it would be 90% complete.

Do we have a ballpark timeline for release?

Weeks? Months? more like a year?
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:31:13 AM

Hey

Same remark that I made initially in the moderated speculation thread: I'm skeptical of moderated threads, but I do understand the need for them in the hostile environment that can be the alt section (or, any section of this forum actually).

Hope the current mod is going easy on the moderation (i.e. if in doubt, don't delete), and that critical posts and questions aren't deleted without good reason.

That said, obvious FUD, or just plain uninformative troll posts: nuke 'em Cheesy

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 10:51:26 AM

For immediate funding, donation and MEW membership are useful mechanisms, and encouraging others for this would help also.

Picture is of a Tucker 48. A car that was more advanced than anything being produced in Detroit at the time. The Big Three automakers made sure to use every means possible to make sure there wasn't a Tucker 49. There wasn't.  Embarrassed Great movie on the subject: Tucker, a Man and His Dream.

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:57:47 AM

Picture is of a Tucker 48. A car that was more advanced than anything being produced in Detroit at the time. The Big Three automakers made sure to use every means possible to make sure there wasn't a Tucker 49. There wasn't.  Embarrassed Great movie on the subject: Tucker, a Man and His Dream.

same thing happened to MySpace, MilliVanilli, and Boone's Farm.  All great brands unfairly hounded off their pedestal in history.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 12:10:19 PM

same thing happened to MySpace, MilliVanilli, and Boone's Farm.  All great brands unfairly hounded off their pedestal in history.

MilliVanilli,  Grin My friend threw away their albums when he found out that it wasn't the guys in the videos--I asked him, "Why? It's not like the music changed."  Sad Not sure if he was still mad at them or the fact that he was buying the brand and not the product.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 05:27:28 PM

I will not be deleting posts simply because you have a criticism of monero so long as your posts are tactful, don't contain any logical fallacies, rhetorical trickery or sophism in general...

"You took away my best punches!!!" - Andy Capp

Grin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

monero-extended (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:30:41 AM

sorry i just deleted a post i shouldn't have. i thought i was in a different thread. Cheesy still have to get into the swing of things.
Mumbles

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 04:31:23 AM

Really? I posted a thread thanking the devs and asking them to not respond as much to trolls and it gets deleted here? WTF?

Back to the open thread I guess, won't bother wasting my time here. This is ridiculous.

With that said i want critics to feel welcome here. I will not be deleting posts simply because you have a criticism of monero so long as your posts are tactful, don't contain any logical fallacies, rhetorical trickery or sophism in general and do contain at least one argument of legitimate substance.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 04:49:23 AM

Did you read the post just before yours? Grin

Please come back Smiley
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:52:19 PM

Really? I posted a thread thanking the devs and asking them to not respond as much to trolls and it gets deleted here? WTF?

Back to the open thread I guess, won't bother wasting my time here. This is ridiculous.

With that said i want critics to feel welcome here. I will not be deleting posts simply because you have a criticism of monero so long as your posts are tactful, don't contain any logical fallacies, rhetorical trickery or sophism in general and do contain at least one argument of legitimate substance.

Good example for the youngsters of the risks involved with non-decentralized threads.  People's feelings get hurt.

███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4920

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:01:27 PM

My post was deleted as well and it was not trolling or fudding.

Well you destroyed a good concept fast! Goodbye Moderated thread.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:05:55 PM

My post was deleted as well and it was not trolling or fudding.

Well you destroyed a good concept fast! Goodbye Moderated thread.

And I've posted several troll posts that have not been deleted. 

The emission curve on deletions in this thread needs to be examined, and perhaps adjusted.

███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████