Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:43:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Moderated Monero General Discussion Thread  (Read 11134 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 10:34:40 PM

Thanks. We already have a need for mnemonic seed for the wallet. Any languages welcome, except English, German, Portuguese and French. Contact me if interested.
Other needs will arise later, so I should add you to the translator's list.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:17:25 AM

It would be nice if MEW or the core devs set up a Monero wiki, similar to the Bitcoin wiki (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Main_Page). It's a bit hard for newbies to navigate Bitcointalk to find accurate and up-to-date information, given the level of anti-Monero FUD and trolling.
monero-extended (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:30:35 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2014, 03:23:36 AM by monero-extended

The emission curve on deletions in this thread needs to be examined, and perhaps adjusted.

From anon136:

Yes I will do this. From this point on if its not troll or containing of demonstrably false information it will not be deleted from this thread.

*edit* Also responses to troll or fud posts. If I see something that I just deleted quoted than I'm going to delete that also. The idea behind this policy is that i dont think it makes a terrible amount of sense to delete a fud or troll post and then still have it present in its entirety one post below the one i just deleted. The draw back is that certainly it will result in some entirely well meaning responses being deleted. Interested to know if you guys agree with this policy. These rules are not at all ridged and definitely subject to chance, interested in any constructive feedback. I'm quickly learning just how much harder this job is than one might anticipate.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4920

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:01:00 AM

Thx for the PM.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
samaricanin

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:10:36 AM

I would like to help contribute to this project, and I was wondering is there any other translation projects open than the Monero Client .NET on Transifex?

You are welcome to join. We already translated many languages,you can request your own.

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/monero-client-net/

alloffmyhate

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

It's Never End

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:54:27 AM

I would like to help contribute to this project, and I was wondering is there any other translation projects open than the Monero Client .NET on Transifex?

You are welcome to join. We already translated many languages,you can request your own.

Can i join to translate in Indonesian language Cheesy

5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:58:40 AM

Not directed at anyone in this thread, but rather simply an observation and comment:

I do not understand the obsession with attempting to over-analyze the short-term (daily) changes in XMR's market price.
Why not step back and be thankful for the relative stability in the exchange rate of XMR/BTC?

While also considering that, as I type, this obscure, intangible cryptocurrency with a mysterious and hardscrabble upbringing that likens it to an orphan in a Dickens novel,
is currently valued at 117% of the United States' fiat currency, the dollar.  
 Shocked

Put that in your res and vape it.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:11:50 AM

Maybe because people paid more for it?

Volatility in cryptocurrency, who would of thunk?
equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 09:52:26 AM

I was doing some twitter XMR tweets analysis:

Suddenly this strange googlealert thing appeared. I searched in twitter and it leads to this anti XMR troll campaign: https://twitter.com/MoneroAlert. I reported it as a spam and I suggest you do the same.

Tips are appreciated Smiley

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 10:38:19 AM

Suddenly this strange googlealert thing appeared. I searched in twitter and it leads to this anti XMR troll campaign: https://twitter.com/MoneroAlert. I reported it as a spam and I suggest you do the same.

Consider the possibility that it is just what it seems to be.  A googlealert twitter bot. 
Google alerts are automated searches.  This is likely just one piped into twitter.  When the google search finds some thing the bot tweets it positive negative true or false.
For more on google alerts:
https://support.google.com/alerts/answer/4815780?hl=en

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
equipoise

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 11:32:34 AM

^You may be right, but this is what I get from the same analysis on '#googlealert':

and this is what it finds on 'googlealert':

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
samaricanin

Activity: 697

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:38:09 PM

Can i join to translate in Indonesian language Cheesy

Yes,you can  Smiley

nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:44:06 PM

I checked your link and it has links to the ANN thread, this thread, a post on reddit with a positive view on the latest "attack", and the Lifeboat Foundation taking Monero for donations. 

There was also a link in reference to Moneero which is one of the names of a person involved with a company in Uruguay.

Maybe I didn't look deeply enough but it doesn't seem like an anti XMR troll campaign to me.

Disclaimer:  I don't use Twitter or any other "social media"
Quanttek

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:11:34 PM

Actually you do at this exact moment. Forums are also a form of social media or "Web 2.0", which describes, that users now interact with each other, though forums or news-agregators (like reddit or HN) aren't the classical form of social media

Enthusiast. Neither trader, nor miner and also no big investor.
Community Manager for Monero
PM if you need mine to exchange or anti-cheat algorithm for node-cryptonote-pool
equipoise

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 09:59:17 PM

I checked your link and it has links to the ANN thread, this thread, a post on reddit with a positive view on the latest "attack", and the Lifeboat Foundation taking Monero for donations. 

There was also a link in reference to Moneero which is one of the names of a person involved with a company in Uruguay.

Maybe I didn't look deeply enough but it doesn't seem like an anti XMR troll campaign to me.

I don't use Twitter either. I saw a lot of links to FUD XMR threads. I checked the link again and it's completely different now.

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 02:41:23 AM

I don't use Twitter either. I saw a lot of links to FUD XMR threads. I checked the link again and it's completely different now.

Maybe the person with the qooglealert either edited the feed or improved the query?
Accurate criticisms are great, but there is also no shortage of inaccurate criticisms.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:49:16 AM

I will just present a quick list of recent developments re: me and Monero

- We rested after the "BCX attack/FUD" was put to rest. We haven't written the chronology yet. There is a proposal in the MEW concerning whether we officially expose the instigators or refrain from doing this and just hope that they will stop the dirty tricks and rather concentrate on building a strong community in their own coin instead. In Monero even this kind of things are decided by the community.

- David Latapie is in charge of the membership and communication affairs of the MEW, I will more be in charge of the internal affairs.

- To celebrate David's nomination to the Hotel Manager of the Grand Hotel Malla and the simultaneous nomination of him, me, and NewLiberty to the executives of MEW, we decided to have a Grand Dinner. The dinner lasted 8 hours. The pic is with Maria Jones from CoinTelegraph.

- I met again the provider of "20 Monero Pizzas", Andres Jaadla the mayor of Rakvere (the county capital of Malla). He still does not have Bitcoin, only Monero. Yet he is building a Smart House Competence Centre in the town. His strong wish was that we arrange a Bitcoin ATM in the lobby of this state-or-the-environmental technology new construction.

- In Tallinn in the Reception by Ambassador of Azerbaijan yesterday, my team (me, David and Dr. Choo) was introduced to many well-connected people including Ambassadors and Ministers. The contacts did not immediately lead to anyone buying Moneros but that was only because the event was just an introduction cocktail party.

- Monero still seems much easier to sell to both junior and senior people alike than Bitcoin. It seems evident that the recent attacks have made the speculator community to shrink in size (because all my friends have just bought more, someone has to have been selling..) but this will be compensated with senior non-crypto people entering in. Unfortunately for altcoiners, there is not much early adopter advantage if you continue to sell this cheap, even at a loss.

- I have a high level of trust both in the core team and in the executives and members of MEW, that in the next few weeks we can make the ecosystem of Monero much stronger. Also the infrastructure developments and services are constantly maturing behind the scenes. The future looks bright to me, and I will have more time myself to contribute now, as the 1.5-week conference is once again over Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:49:55 PM

There is a proposal in the MEW concerning whether we officially expose the instigators

I for one would very much like to know.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 03:26:24 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 04:19:58 PM by David Latapie

It would be nice if MEW or the core devs set up a Monero wiki, similar to the Bitcoin wiki (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Main_Page). It's a bit hard for newbies to navigate Bitcointalk to find accurate and up-to-date information, given the level of anti-Monero FUD and trolling.

There is one here http://monero.wikia.com/ but it is focused on development. Personally, I find it a shame to "burn" the monero name for development wiki - it should have a greater scheme than that. I don't remember who is the creator of the wiki, but I suggest anyway that we start writing some topics out of dev here. It is always possible to use a "development" category to isolate devving from the rest.

The emission curve on deletions in this thread needs to be examined, and perhaps adjusted.

From anon136:

Yes I will do this. From this point on if its not troll or containing of demonstrably false information it will not be deleted from this thread.

*edit* Also responses to troll or fud posts. If I see something that I just deleted quoted than I'm going to delete that also. The idea behind this policy is that i dont think it makes a terrible amount of sense to delete a fud or troll post and then still have it present in its entirety one post below the one i just deleted. The draw back is that certainly it will result in some entirely well meaning responses being deleted. Interested to know if you guys agree with this policy. These rules are not at all ridged and definitely subject to chance, interested in any constructive feedback. I'm quickly learning just how much harder this job is than one might anticipate.
I'd say: if the post with a deleted post only contains replies to the troll/FUD, it should be deleted too - after all, replying to trolls is almost trolling by itself. If the post contains both reply and unrelated content, PM the author to modify the text. Finally, the OP should be updated with this rule (e.g. the small letters at the end of the post).

BTW, 2629 votes on Cryptsy.

Update: interesting discussion on the MEW thread regarding which project to priorize.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:33:21 PM

I noticed that HitBTC already has BTC/EURO and LTC/EURO pairs. Do you think it would be a stretch to add an XMR/EUR pair?

They already have the infrastructure/legal stuff to receive funds in EURO and XMR. So given enough incentive it should be feasible. Am I missing something?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: