Bitcoin Forum
September 05, 2024, 02:31:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheapest buying BTC from BTC-e in US  (Read 2836 times)
rony_90 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:32:53 AM

Hi guys

I want to  know cheapest way to buy BTC from US bank account from btc-e.com. And any procedure to do that will be very much helpful.
Do i need to submit verification proof to do so.?
And what are the charges if i buy from coinbase and bitstamp?
Please tell me among these exchanges
1. Which one needs to submit verification proof?
2.What is the option of buying from credit/debit card along with charges.
3.What are the charges if i buy from US bank account from these exchanges.?

Please let me know all the charges(Bank charges+Exchange charges+any hidden fees.)

Thanks

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 07:01:57 AM

The only way to get fiat into the exchange is to send them a wire transfer. US Banks costs around $50 for the wire, +1% fee from btc-e with a minimum of $20, +0.2% fee to exchange USD to BTC. Minimum you have to wire in is $2k, so assuming you're going to use all of this to buy btc, you're looking at a base cost of ~$74 to convert $2k worth of fiat to btc.

These guys are anonymous, so personally I sure as hell don't trust them enough to wire money in.

There's no way to buy with credit card from btc-e. I think you can try coinbase, or virwox (credit card linked to paypal).

rony_90 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:17:58 AM

The only way to get fiat into the exchange is to send them a wire transfer. US Banks costs around $50 for the wire, +1% fee from btc-e with a minimum of $20, +0.2% fee to exchange USD to BTC. Minimum you have to wire in is $2k, so assuming you're going to use all of this to buy btc, you're looking at a base cost of ~$74 to convert $2k worth of fiat to btc.

These guys are anonymous, so personally I sure as hell don't trust them enough to wire money in.

There's no way to buy with credit card from btc-e. I think you can try coinbase, or virwox (credit card linked to paypal).

Thank you so much for enlightening me. May i know the same fees structure for coinbase and bitstamp ?
And i guess using Credit/Debit card for payment will charge me even more...

One more thing if i wish to buy 1 BTC only. What should be the cheapest way knowing the fact that for every transfer i will be charged $50..!

cloudthink.io   

Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 07:32:47 AM

Thank you so much for enlightening me. May i know the same fees structure for coinbase and bitstamp ?
And i guess using Credit/Debit card for payment will charge me even more...

One more thing if i wish to buy 1 BTC only. What should be the cheapest way knowing the fact that for every transfer i will be charged $50..!

How quick do you need it? Coinbase fee is 1% based on bitstamp's rate, but since you haven't purchased from them before, you'll have to jump through a shit ton of verification steps before you can buy. You'll need to upload your Drivers License, bill to show address, add a bank account, link a credit/debit card, and add you phone and SSN. It takes at least a week for them to verify all your documents.

The fee is not high, but wait time is long. The funds are debited from your bank account, which is an ACH process so will take about 6 days for your coins to be available once you place the order. Your instant buy is only good for $100 until you wait 30 days after your first purchase.

Bitstamp requires you to jump through the same type verification, but they're similar to btc-e in that you also have to wire money into them. More trustworthy than BTC-e, but they'll ask you some pretty invasive questions when you withdraw money. The base btc price is higher, and exchange fees are also higher compared to btc-e.

Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:34:32 AM

if you're used to exchanges, coinbase is a bit of a nightmare. Smiley

i've heard some horror stories about wiring money into BTC-E and not getting credited (i think in each case it eventually got sorted out, but their customer support doesn't speak good english, and takes forever). it is definitely a juicy low price on BTC-E these days.... Cheesy
SanMerryDro

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 05:10:53 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 05:22:43 AM by SanMerryDro

Firstly, such coinbase and etc as exchangers, they are not Exchange and fee must more expensive.

Exchange usually charge 0.1-0.5% fee, like lakebtc, bitstamp..
but exchanger usually charge your fee 1% and more, you know this is the difference between percent and thousandth.

I advice you buy bitcoin go there:

bitstamp:

Deposit fee:
SEPA   free now
International wire   0.1% for USD, GBP, and CHF (min fee $15)
AstroPay   2.5%
Ripple   0.2% plus per fee schedule for trading
Bitcoin   0

Withdrawal fee:
SEPA   0.9 EUR fixed fee
International wire   0.09% for USD and CHF
Ripple   per 0.2% fee plus your trading fee on fee schedule
Bitcoin   per fee schedule for trading

bit-e:

Deposit fee:
Perfect Money   3.5%
Egopay   6%
OKPAY   1%
International wire   1%(min fee $20, Min sum allowed $2000)
Bitcoin   no fee(min deposit BTC0.001)

Withdrawal fee:
International wire   1.5%(min fee $150, min per transaction $1000)
Perfect Money   0%
Paypal   7%(max per transaction $2500/min per transaction $500)
BTC-E Code   0%
Epese   5%(min per transaction $100)
Ecoin   5%
OKPAY   1%
Withdrawal to Visa, MasterCard   5%(min per transaction $1000)
Payeer   0%
Egopay   0%
Payza   6%(Prohibited U.S. users!! min per transaction $500)
bitcoin   0.001 BTC(min withdrawal BTC0.002, Daily limit withdrawal BTC100.)

lakebtc:

Deposit fee:  
all free of charge

Withdrawal fee:
USD   ¥10 plus 0.1%~0.5%
CNY   $5 plus 0.1%~0.5%
BTC   BTC0.001 plus 0.1% - 0.5%

more exchage fee you can see here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695082.0

edit: all bank would charge your fee $10-50. (deponds on your bank)
GreenCoin22

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:56:01 AM

certainly not coinbase.
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 12:01:35 PM

So how long does bitstamp take to credit international wires usually?
rony_90 (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:25:05 AM

Firstly, such coinbase and etc as exchangers, they are not Exchange and fee must more expensive.

Exchange usually charge 0.1-0.5% fee, like lakebtc, bitstamp..
but exchanger usually charge your fee 1% and more, you know this is the difference between percent and thousandth.

I advice you buy bitcoin go there:

bitstamp:

Deposit fee:
SEPA   free now
International wire   0.1% for USD, GBP, and CHF (min fee $15)
AstroPay   2.5%
Ripple   0.2% plus per fee schedule for trading
Bitcoin   0

Withdrawal fee:
SEPA   0.9 EUR fixed fee
International wire   0.09% for USD and CHF
Ripple   per 0.2% fee plus your trading fee on fee schedule
Bitcoin   per fee schedule for trading

bit-e:

Deposit fee:
Perfect Money   3.5%
Egopay   6%
OKPAY   1%
International wire   1%(min fee $20, Min sum allowed $2000)
Bitcoin   no fee(min deposit BTC0.001)

Withdrawal fee:
International wire   1.5%(min fee $150, min per transaction $1000)
Perfect Money   0%
Paypal   7%(max per transaction $2500/min per transaction $500)
BTC-E Code   0%
Epese   5%(min per transaction $100)
Ecoin   5%
OKPAY   1%
Withdrawal to Visa, MasterCard   5%(min per transaction $1000)
Payeer   0%
Egopay   0%
Payza   6%(Prohibited U.S. users!! min per transaction $500)
bitcoin   0.001 BTC(min withdrawal BTC0.002, Daily limit withdrawal BTC100.)

lakebtc:

Deposit fee:  
all free of charge

Withdrawal fee:
USD   ¥10 plus 0.1%~0.5%
CNY   $5 plus 0.1%~0.5%
BTC   BTC0.001 plus 0.1% - 0.5%

more exchage fee you can see here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=695082.0

edit: all bank would charge your fee $10-50. (deponds on your bank)

In context to..
International wire   0.1% for USD, GBP, and CHF (min fee $15)

I believe you telling that if amount is below 15000 than i have to give 15$ as fees.. Is that.?
And beside this bank will also charge their percentage for this transaction like 3-4%.
I live in country where currency is not dollar so there is charges for converting my currency to Dollar + international bank wire charges + Exchange fees.
This all charges depend on the currency type and bank i guess.
To be honest i do not have any clue so guessing and considering all this there will be 8-10% of the amount which gets deducted if i plan to buy BTC from an exchange.
If that is the scene why not i buy directly from local bitcoins..? Smiley

cloudthink.io   

TonyT

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:33:50 PM

How quick do you need it? Coinbase fee is 1% based on bitstamp's rate, but since you haven't purchased from them before, you'll have to jump through a shit ton of verification steps before you can buy. You'll need to upload your Drivers License, bill to show address, add a bank account, link a credit/debit card, and add you phone and SSN. It takes at least a week for them to verify all your documents.

I am not a big fan of Coinbase but what you say about verification is no longer true for small amounts (less than $10k I think).  You do not need to do anything anymore than provide your US bank account and password, which Coinbase then uses to make a small $1 deduction from your bank account, using ACH bank transfer (once the ACH bank transfer occurs of course you can and probably should change your bank password).  Then you can buy bitcoin from them, and, like you say, it takes a week before you get your BTC.  Their fees, while a bit higher than others, are not unreasonable given that they are a US-based company, with reputable backers, and not some outfit in Romania that you will never find if they shut their doors.  You get what you pay for.  

TonyT
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: