Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:13:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just bought and why it's bad for you  (Read 3079 times)
hopefull (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:10:18 AM

Hello all, I have run so bad in finances that me having bought a large volume of bitcoins this entire week might doom you all.
This is my first post so let me introduce myself, I am a construction bussiness owner that in the last 10 years has lost about 20 million in the stock market, I also lost roughly 7 million in my other hobby no limit poker. I am so unlucky that me using Coinbase this entire week to accumulate 500 Bitcoins can't be good, odds of me winning in this gamble are astronomically rare, just so you know my average has been $418 this week, I also own a small amount of bitcoin bought a few months ago at $644 and that didn't go well. Good luck and prove me wrong!
Chuckee

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:23:44 AM

At least you recognize that bitcoin is a money pit, unlike most of the mental dwarfs around here who are expecting to be rich soon.
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:30:52 AM

you should've told us you were buying.  I'd have sold ass lol.

Granted i don't buy your story  Grin
bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:10:04 AM

you should've told us you were buying.  I'd have sold ass lol.

Granted i don't buy your story  Grin

Yeah, too many millions in OP's tale. Probably a ramen noodle-eating broke guy living a fantasy life on the internet.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:47:27 AM

Hi Guy L.  Smiley you own Cirque du Soleil not a construction company don't lie
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:32:50 AM

Hello all, I have run so bad in finances that me having bought a large volume of bitcoins this entire week might doom you all.
This is my first post so let me introduce myself, I am a construction bussiness owner that in the last 10 years has lost about 20 million in the stock market, I also lost roughly 7 million in my other hobby no limit poker. I am so unlucky that me using Coinbase this entire week to accumulate 500 Bitcoins can't be good, odds of me winning in this gamble are astronomically rare, just so you know my average has been $418 this week, I also own a small amount of bitcoin bought a few months ago at $644 and that didn't go well. Good luck and prove me wrong!

It is about time your luck changed.  Wink

sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:08:53 AM

This is my first post so let me introduce myself, I am a construction bussiness owner that in the last 10 years has lost about 20 million in the stock market, I also lost roughly 7 million in my other hobby no limit poker. I am so unlucky that me using Coinbase this entire week to accumulate 500 Bitcoins can't be good, odds of me winning in this gamble are astronomically rare but I thought 'Nah, forget it' - 'Yo, homes to Bel Air'. I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'. I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.

You make an interesting case

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 10:19:26 AM

luck? Cheesy luck has a funny way to turn.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
dynamox

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:22:22 PM

Holy fuck, seriously? how did you make all these millions to only lost them later in the first place? thats the question.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:04:32 PM

Your involvement in Bitcoin has already been priced in  Wink
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:13:47 PM

Holy fuck, seriously? how did you make all these millions to only lost them later in the first place? thats the question.

Construction can huge money if you can land the big projects, but construction workers tend to be terrible investors.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:14:16 PM

You have the chance to make back all your losses and you took the first step. Now the second step is just as important: don't sell in the next 5 years.
njcarlos

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:38:27 PM

Sounds like you have a gambling problem. Seek help.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:40:18 PM

How can you lose so much millions? You must be making them too right?

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
2themoon

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:45:40 PM

1) You probably are going to lose money on the short-term, since you bought on a bearish trend.

2) Don't sell, even if the price goes to 200. Next year, you'll be in profit.

3) Never, ever, gamble again, mostly there is only one winner: the house.
hopefull (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:58:56 PM

I build senior housing complexes, they range from 7 to 40 million, obviously I have been fortunate in other aspects and it's not all bad. Here is my true unqualified look at what a pro trader would look at, obviously some here may not look at a weekly chart, but depending if look at a linear or non linear chart we are in a major downtrend chanel, we are half way to this last leg where if you draw lines it will lead you to upper 200 range, however that does not mean we will go that far, it might just as well stop here and we bounce to upper trend line of this downtrend which is mid 5xx. That's my dollar!
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:18:28 PM

I build senior housing complexes, they range from 7 to 40 million, obviously I have been fortunate in other aspects and it's not all bad. Here is my true unqualified look at what a pro trader would look at, obviously some here may not look at a weekly chart, but depending if look at a linear or non linear chart we are in a major downtrend chanel, we are half way to this last leg where if you draw lines it will lead you to upper 200 range, however that does not mean we will go that far, it might just as well stop here and we bounce to upper trend line of this downtrend which is mid 5xx. That's my dollar!

You are trying to catch a falling knife. Look at the one-day chart. See if you can't get out at a face saving price on volatility. Don't ruin your life.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:30:09 PM

You are trying to catch a falling knife. Look at the one-day chart. See if you can't get out at a face saving price on volatility. Don't ruin your life.

You know what they say about the worth of advice from an unknown internet poster!
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 09:21:40 PM

I try to catch falling knifes in most investments I make. It means the security is relatively cheap at least (of course I investigate whether it's truly undervalued). Of course it can fall further. It always can, but the odds are in your favor.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 07:43:52 AM

I think I should get into the construction industry as well.  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: