Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:23:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Breakout Board Adapter or Server Power Supply  (Read 1281 times)
MRBONG411 (OP)

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:12:12 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2014, 05:37:57 AM by MRBONG411

If I can use this power supply to run two antminer S1's I was wondering if someone had one of those breakout boards needed for that? Or if one would need to be made?

Or if anyone has a server power supply and everything already made I might be interested.

The power supply is an 800W ablecom one. Pics and descritpion are in my old cryptothrift listing.

Thanks

https://cryptothrift.com/auctions/computers-other/ablecom-pws-801-1r-800w-module-switching-power-supply/

J4bberwock

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:36:06 PM

It won't be cost efficient to make breakout board for only 1 psu unless you do it yourself.
Starting at 5 breakout boards, something can usually be done with a price around 30$ each excluding shipping.
Not sure for this particular model, I havent checked.

So unless you own a few of these PSUs, you'd better stick with the Gigampz boards, the ones I make or the ones made by sidehack.
I ship from Europe, so depending on where you are, sidehack or Gigampz could be faster and maybe cheaper.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
MRBONG411 (OP)

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 04:13:57 PM

Yeah after I posted I saw where I think yourself and others have said it wouldn't be worth it for just one. I guess I thought they were basically all the same but I guess not.

I guess I am still looking for a whole power supply that's ready to go maybe if anyone has one but those seem kinda hard to find for a good price.

Thanks

dance191

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:33:16 AM

It won't be cost efficient to make breakout board for only 1 psu unless you do it yourself.
Starting at 5 breakout boards, something can usually be done with a price around 30$ each excluding shipping.
Not sure for this particular model, I havent checked.

So unless you own a few of these PSUs, you'd better stick with the Gigampz boards, the ones I make or the ones made by sidehack.
I ship from Europe, so depending on where you are, sidehack or Gigampz could be faster and maybe cheaper.

Buy from anyone except sidehack.  Consider yourself warned.

I contacted him about an order, the first line from the first message he was a jerk (he assumed that I had memorized all 15 pages of his thread and had his email address, which I didn't.  Since I didn't have his email address I was an "idiot" for sending him my email address over PM - WTF??).  Personally, I would never deal with him.  The only thing good about the experience was how quickly he was out of line.  By the second message I knew I would never want to deal with him.

However J4bberwock seams great, so does Gigampz.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: