Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:46:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am tempted to buy some hashlets , should I?  (Read 4292 times)
hgerson

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:32:14 PM

They won't be unprofitable, because they promise to keep the fees low, so you'll always get some profit, no matter what the difficulty will be.

Oh! If they promise I'm sold.

Where do they get the free electricity and free hardware?
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hgerson

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:37:54 PM

There are so many red flags when it comes to anything GAW related I'm honestly surprised they've managed to create such a cult following.

If you're surprised by this don't type cryptcominer in the search box.

You'd have an heart attack.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:42:18 PM

They won't be unprofitable, because they promise to keep the fees low, so you'll always get some profit, no matter what the difficulty will be.

Oh! If they promise I'm sold.

Where do they get the free electricity and free hardware?

The BOLD part is even crazier. Cant believe how many idiots are sucked into bitcoin
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:40:45 PM

I am extremely tired of the Hyip and Ponzi accusations with basis at GAW, or for any cloud hosting company.  The returns are more than realistic and maintenance fees are fine.  GAW has been quite honest so far and there has been no evidence of Ponzi schemes. 

Yes, GAW is making a change to the industry; mining will actually be PROFITABLE, you heard it, PROFITABLE.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:51:51 PM

I am extremely tired of the Hyip and Ponzi accusations with basis at GAW, or for any cloud hosting company.  The returns are more than realistic and maintenance fees are fine.  GAW has been quite honest so far and there has been no evidence of Ponzi schemes.  

The lack of evidence of real mining is in fact evidence of a ponzi scheme.

You shouldn't be extremely tired of ponzi accusations, you should be extremely tired of the absurd number of cloudmining ponzi schemes.

Yes, GAW is making a change to the industry; mining will actually be PROFITABLE, you heard it, PROFITABLE.

Yes, GAW will revolutionize the industry with it's patented unicorn dust that doubles hashrate on demand as well as their free electricity generators, algorithm changing asics, and other technological breakthroughs.
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:03:04 PM

If you don't mind ponzi schemes and bullshit/gimmicky marketing then hashlets might be right for you.
Could you please explain your point? I've seen this attitude towards cloud mining companies and understand when someone is suspicious or cautious, especially after Lunamine went belly up.
I've been dealing with GAW for about 6 months, from the time they were just starting to sell miners (in Spring).

Does Gawminer prove they are mining with actual hardware?

Is there a blockchain address I can verify gawminer has X amount of hashing power? Or even a pool address?

How do you explain BS like:

- Hashlets can never be unprofitable/never breaks down
- Hashlets can mine on multiple pools
- Scrypt+sha256 miner
- Changeable Algorithms

Everything about hashlets screams ponzi and on top of that it's not even a good deal (for the bitcoin miner at least). They want $0.9/gh when you could buy hardware for less than $0.5/gh.

I'm willing to bet this "super advanced hardware" is actually just a few servers running calculations on how much each user SHOULD be paid for mining and redistributes users payments accordingly. (like a ponzi)

By never being unprofitable what they mean is that their hosting fee will ALWAYS be less than the miner makes in a day. Meaning that if the miner gets down to less than $0.08 a day, they will reduce their hosting fee. It never breaks down because most likely we are buying shares of hardware power that they maintain for us
- Hashlets can mine on multiple pools
Mining hardware can always switch pools.
- Scrypt+sha256 miner
Basically what they are doing with their hashlet primes is giving us the option to either use their scrypt miners or their sha256 miners, one at a time.
- Changeable Algorithms
This isn't available yet, but when it is it will be once again switching your share to a different hardware setup they have

As a NO BS post I'm currently 85.6% of Bitcoin ROI in just over 35 days and originally I was looking at about a 70 days ROI.. You can watch my ROI updates here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=752824.0

If you want an added discount to the GAW hashlets or Genesis (on top of today's discount) see my signature.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:04:21 PM

you can buy the hash onlline on this website which is most secure...www.fastweeds.com

Hehe.

Scrub your browser history after visiting that site!
hgerson

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:36:34 PM

By never being unprofitable what they mean is that their hosting fee will ALWAYS be less than the miner makes in a day. Meaning that if the miner gets down to less than $0.08 a day, they will reduce their hosting fee. It never breaks down because most likely we are buying shares of hardware power that they maintain for us

Nobody can guarantee miner's profitability unless the hardware and electricity comes for free.

As a NO BS post I'm currently 85.6% of Bitcoin ROI in just over 35 days and originally I was looking at about a 70 days ROI.. You can watch my ROI updates here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=752824.0

Ponzis always pay the first (except cryptcominer  Grin)

You probably will have ROI but many people won't because this is a scam. If you feel good about it go on.
lyth0s
Legendary

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:55:18 PM

Nobody can guarantee miner's profitability unless the hardware and electricity comes for free.

Ponzis always pay the first (except cryptcominer  Grin)

You probably will have ROI but many people won't because this is a scam. If you feel good about it go on.

Do you understand that they are not guaranteeing that you will make 100% ROI? They are ONLY guaranteeing that their fees will always be less than the amount of bitcoins mined. Meaning that one day they may have to drop their fee to $0.00 so that your $0.000000000001/day is still "profitable". Don't be tricked by their wording.

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:08:23 AM

Do you understand that they are not guaranteeing that you will make 100% ROI? They are ONLY guaranteeing that their fees will always be less than the amount of bitcoins mined. Meaning that one day they may have to drop their fee to $0.00 so that your $0.000000000001/day is still "profitable". Don't be tricked by their wording.

I don't think you understand.

They cannot guarantee their fees are less than the amount of bitcoins mined unless they have free electricity.

You say don't be tricked by their wording yet GAWminer puts so much effort in to tricking you with their wording.
hgerson

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:14:20 AM

Don't be tricked by their wording.

Don't worry.

I won't be tricked by them in any way.  Wink
lyth0s
Legendary

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:27:50 AM

I don't think you understand.

They cannot guarantee their fees are less than the amount of bitcoins mined unless they have free electricity.

You say don't be tricked by their wording yet GAWminer puts so much effort in to tricking you with their wording.

They can guarantee 0 fees if they wanted simply by going in the hole until they make more efficient miners. They could have already calculated cost of electricity into their purchases such as the hashlet prime maybe only costing them $10 to make with an estimated $30 of electricity for the next 10 years and then $10 for their profit margin or something else to that extent. Meaning that right now the whole hosting fee could just a bonus revenue for them.

SMB-2525

Activity: 195

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:07:58 AM

Hashlets have 99.9% uptime, are guaranteed to never break down, and have decreasing fees over time, which already start at the record low rate of $.08/day per MH.

Is this a typo? $.08/day per MH = $80/day/GH = $80,000/day/terrahash.

What did I miss?
lyth0s
Legendary

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:30:59 AM

Hashlets have 99.9% uptime, are guaranteed to never break down, and have decreasing fees over time, which already start at the record low rate of $.08/day per MH.

Is this a typo? $.08/day per MH = $80/day/GH = $80,000/day/terrahash.

What did I miss?

The $0.08 is for their scrypt miners. For Bitcoin miners its $0.01 per 5 GH SHA-256

Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:59:47 AM

I have a question for those of you who shout "ponzi". Are you negative towards cloud mining as a whole or just GAW?
It's true they don't want to reveal the details of their operation, which makes them look shady, but there's this one thing that makes you wonder...

They earned over a million bucks from Vaultbreaker preorders and probably even more as Gridseed and Zeus resellers. If they wanted to scam people why not just take those millions and bail? Why hire more staff, buy btc.com, build facilities and offices?

gbenta

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:35:37 AM

I was also looking what is the way to buy hashlets.
1. You need a acc in Zencloud through friend(invite a friend)
2. Send some btc to Zenacc
3. Buy on the new Hash Market

Hash  Market its cheaper as Gawminers or any Resellers.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:53:19 AM

I have a question for those of you who shout "ponzi". Are you negative towards cloud mining as a whole or just GAW?
It's true they don't want to reveal the details of their operation, which makes them look shady, but there's this one thing that makes you wonder...

They earned over a million bucks from Vaultbreaker preorders and probably even more as Gridseed and Zeus resellers. If they wanted to scam people why not just take those millions and bail? Why hire more staff, buy btc.com, build facilities and offices?
Possibly both.  Their promises are mostly illogical or worded in a very shady way.  Also the entire premise of cloud mining is pretty much against the very core of what is bitcoin.  Distributed consensus and trustless transactions.
Also buying flashy things with little apparent business purpose is a good sign of a scam.
BTW weren't vaultbreakers supposed to ship before titans?

Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:43:31 PM

Their business model is one thing, but you have to agree they haven't scammed anybody yet, and they've been operating for how long? 6 months? I wasn't even on the forum back then.
They gave people who ordered vaultbreakers free hash in the cloud weeks before the titans shipped, so they delivered in a way.
Also, I wouldn't call a data center and a domain a flashy thing with little purpose. IMO a scammer would not invest at all, just send a few miners to get positive feedback, launch a big preorder event and run with the money.

lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 04:13:32 PM

a  minus to all this is the GAW customer support that sucks!!

I have a hashlet and waiting to make ROI still paying but not convinsed to purchase more

User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 04:56:31 PM

Their business model is one thing, but you have to agree they haven't scammed anybody yet, and they've been operating for how long? 6 months? I wasn't even on the forum back then.
They gave people who ordered vaultbreakers free hash in the cloud weeks before the titans shipped, so they delivered in a way.
Also, I wouldn't call a data center and a domain a flashy thing with little purpose. IMO a scammer would not invest at all, just send a few miners to get positive feedback, launch a big preorder event and run with the money.
Woot because not having scammed someone yet in all of of 6 months is the surest sign of not scamming one in the future.  You are trading an irreversible payment for a reversible promise.  The longer the time frame of that reversible promise the higher the chance it will end up being broken.  For good examples see every single asic manufacture to date but hey gaw will be different. 
The bigger the data center the larger the fixed expenses are and that needs to be earned back.  At a certain point it will be more profitable to screw the customers then to continue operating.  At that point your hope is that people will be honest and work for free instead of going BK.  Good luck with that.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: