Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:30:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core 0.9.3 has been released  (Read 109134 times)
TheIrishman
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 02:55:18 PM

I like the CoinControl feature. BTW I synced from start and during the process bitcoin-qt crashed about 5 times (about once per 8 hours). Only two times out of five at the end of log was error (10091): closesocket(hListenSocket) failed with error WSAStartup

The other cases no error at the end of log...

yes ... after the block 0184 ... the v9.3 crash like the 0.9.2.1 (no debuglog entries to indicate the problem) on my WInXP SP3 with all KBs.  Sad
rollback to 0.9.1 (with reindex command line to check the block folder and rev files). Undecided

No problems at all with XP 64 SP2 (FX-8350, 16 GB RAM).
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:01:33 PM

I really don't have experience with those offline wallets but if somehow my PC get burned or something & I can't fix .. does it mean I will lose all my bitcoins unless I took a backup ? if yes how to take a backup

Shutdown bitcoin core. Then find wallet.dat, and copy it to a usb drive or two, store those at the office or another location you see fit. Make sure you've sett a passphrase on the wallet. Also realize that once you do transactions, change might be sent to new addresses in the wallet, requiring you to do a new backup.

So each time I use my bitcoins (Send/receive) I have to take new backup of wallet.dat ? should I use Export & Import options or just find the file manually on directory ?

Every 50 transactions or so is the recommendation. You can use the export in the program or do it manually. If you do it manually shut it down first.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Gavin Andresen
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 04:55:48 PM

I really don't have experience with those offline wallets but if somehow my PC get burned or something & I can't fix .. does it mean I will lose all my bitcoins unless I took a backup ? if yes how to take a backup
If you're using the GUI:  File->Backup Wallet...

If you're using bitcoind: use the backupwallet RPC command.

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:06:07 PM

Excuse me my ignorance, but is there any reason at all to run WinXP these days? Have you looked into running a linux distro? No offence meant.

I have a dedicated device to this ... it run many other "softwares from the old world".
I don't want change the OS (that it don't crash after 60 days ... and the others software, too) because of the bitcoin core.

That why i return to the v0.9.1 ... that it don't crash at all. Wink

But, not a problem for me ... just an "under the hood" problem for the others (the dev.).
I understand, too, that winxp is not supported and depreciated.  Grin

It's the life.  Wink
TheIrishman
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:40:56 AM

Excuse me my ignorance, but is there any reason at all to run WinXP these days? Have you looked into running a linux distro? No offence meant.
I understand, too, that winxp is not supported and depreciated.  Grin

I think your problem might be related to the limited amount of memory 32-bit Windows'es are able to access. If you were on XP 64, I'd tell you to stick with it and not downgrade your PC to 7Garbage or the 8th Abomination. Microsoft having stopped releasing those useless "security" patches that never protected anyone from anything is irrelevant. Linux is an option, if you're willing to accept the learning curve and live with the fact that you'll be missing on many Windows programs, even with WINE.
Orangina

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 06:34:55 AM

I remember that it had .dll's etc .. why it's just an .exe only this time  Shocked
anyway , is there is anyway to bypass that Synchronisation with the Network bullshits ?  Cry It takes forever
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:24:52 AM

I think your problem might be related to the limited amount of memory 32-bit Windows'es are able to access. If you were on XP 64, I'd tell you to stick with it and not downgrade your PC to 7Garbage or the 8th Abomination.

perhaps, but i already decrease the cache to 4Mb to avoid the "by the hell" comsumption of RAM of the start or the bitcoin core.

cache 4Mb = 200Mb of RAM used.
cache 100Mb = 1,2Gb of RAM used.
hawkeyedwolf

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:25:14 AM

Is there truly a benefit to running Bitcoin Core, rather than another wallet software?
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:38:10 AM

I think your problem might be related to the limited amount of memory 32-bit Windows'es are able to access. If you were on XP 64, I'd tell you to stick with it and not downgrade your PC to 7Garbage or the 8th Abomination.

perhaps, but i already decrease the cache to 4Mb to avoid the "by the hell" comsumption of RAM of the start or the bitcoin core.

In blockchain directory, much more files will be created. Any other disadvantage? BTW I running Bitcoin core with 100 Mb cache on winXP 32bit with 1GB total system memory and it runs fine  Smiley - but I dont have other programs open when Bitcoin core is running because it would start swapping the memory to hdd
SuperDay

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 11:25:09 AM

In blockchain directory, much more files will be created. Any other disadvantage? BTW I running Bitcoin core with 100 Mb cache on winXP 32bit with 1GB total system memory and it runs fine  Smiley - but I dont have other programs open when Bitcoin core is running because it would start swapping the memory to hdd

For me, it need long time to synchronize with the network, bro. How about?.
BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 12:59:32 PM

Is there truly a benefit to running Bitcoin Core, rather than another wallet software?
QT is not actually the most beneficial I would expect Armory to be a more secure solution than Bitcoin-Qt, because it allows you to sign the transactions from an offline computer.  This means that the private keys never need to be stored on a computer that is connected to the internet.
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 03:47:10 PM

For me, it need long time to synchronize with the network, bro. How about?.

It takes me about half hour for every full day I have to synchronize, not much problem when I open the wallet daily.
mullerdan

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 11:47:26 AM

Thanks, great job
FinancialWisdom

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:38:26 AM

Thank you, great job Smiley i hope someday we see the release of btc 2.0  Cool
Danx-

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:00:11 PM

Amaaaaazing

podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 05:44:57 PM

I'd like to make a suggestion to have the last 5 letters in the public address in red(or whatever color) when sending bitcoin.
Like this: 1Hg1Ph176mtcBPcpVRpGwjxB74N2nCqkyZ
This makes it easier to identify and make sure you're sending money to the right address.

Maybe even use this function in receiving addresses.

Smiley
stkuser1

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 04:10:20 PM

look forward the next move!
cryptocoinfan

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 09:26:47 PM

BUG: Installs but won't verify or open in OS X apparently because not signed by Gavin:

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/4992
good tnx,will try
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 05:41:34 AM

Kudos to everyone who contributed to the continuous improvement of the network!
Gibitcoin

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 09:40:24 AM

Wow seems interesting  Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: