Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:44:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BETA TESTERS] needed for new Hardware Wallet  (Read 2616 times)
CryptoSafe (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:35:34 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2014, 12:00:20 PM by CryptoSafe

Work in progress..

http://s2.postimg.org/6ae18dool/IMG_9049.jpg

We are building the first standalone worldwide mobile usable crypto currency hardware wallet.

Finally the safety of a offline wallet with the convenience of a worldwide mobile payment system
The system consists of a custom designed hardware and software, that works as a standalone device for crypto  currency transactions and guarantees the highest level of security.

As a Beta tester you will:

- get the device at the very low price of $99
- get the monthly worldwide broadband connection service at half the price ($14) regular price ($29) guaranteed lifetime as long as you wish to use the service.
- You will receive future hardware updates free of charge.

In return you must be wiling to give honest feedback and be patient.

If you are interested please send me a PM with the following information.

Estimated Number of Bitcoin daily transactions you will do?
Do you wish to transact in other cryptocurrencies besides Bitcoin? please give the names and estimated number of daily transactions.
Country of delivery?
What functionalities you expected from this device?
What is your background (Miner, developer, hacker, other please specify).

The people that are selected will receive a PM with further instructions.
The expected date for Beta shipment is February 2015, we will only request payment the day before we ship the device.
We have limited quantities, so anytime we can stop accepting new Beta Testers.

You can pay in US, Euro, Pounds, BTC or other Crypto Currency (Bitcoin will have 5% discount) the indicative price is in US Dollars, if you pay in other currency we will make the conversion using the day quote.

Thanks
SirLolicon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:38:24 PM

Wait, just to clarify, beta testers get 2 discounts?

5% from BTC Discount + 299$ Beta Tester discount?

CryptoSafe (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:42:15 PM

Correct you will get 5% discount if paying with Bitcoin.
SirLolicon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Sound Engineer for Hire

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:57:53 PM

Correct you will get 5% discount if paying with Bitcoin.

Oh, so the discounts stack. I see Smiley
Well, I don't really have the cash right now so I guess all I can do is wish you good luck with your hard wallet!

CryptoSafe (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 05:38:58 PM

Oh, so the discounts stack. I see Smiley
Well, I don't really have the cash right now so I guess all I can do is wish you good luck with your hard wallet!
Ok, Thank you for your support.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 05:45:58 PM

Can you give us any further specifics about the actual device (web site, FAQ, specifications, pictures)?

Can you tell us how your device and service is similar to and different from the Trezor hardware wallet?

What BIPs does your device implement and support?

Thanks.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
CryptoSafe (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:09:29 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 08:20:03 PM by CryptoSafe

Can you give us any further specifics about the actual device (web site, FAQ, specifications, pictures)?

Can you tell us how your device and service is similar to and different from the Trezor hardware wallet?

What BIPs does your device implement and support?

Thanks.

Currently we don't have a website, and still didn't decide the final name of the device, and are in process of incorporating.
We have pictures of the prototypes, but could be misleading because will probably change a lot, at the moment we are trying to reduce to the maximum the size so that is much smaller than a smartphone.

Comparing it with Trezor, Trezor is a wonderful solution if you don't intend to make transactions and only keep the bitcoins safe.The target customer for this solution is someone that needs to make transactions daily.

This solution is easier to use than trezor you don't need a host device, you only need to scan a QR code with transaction details using the integrated camera, and tem enter a 4 digit PIN and it's done.
It's more secure, you can wipe the device remotely if you lost it our is stolen, also if anyone opens the device it wipes the keys automatically.
It's more convenient you can make transactions and check your balance anywhere in the world as long as you have broadband connection.

At the moment only supports Bitcoin, but in the future we will try to support other popular crypto currencies.
Similar to Trezor the keys are generated with a seed on a signing chip and never leave it.

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 10:00:10 PM

Do you plan to be BIP32, BIP39, BIP43 and BIP44 compliant?

(Hopefully your answer is yes to all.)

Also, do you plan to support stealth addresses?

Thanks!

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
ticoti

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:37:51 PM

wow,
sincerely,I don't buy the trezor because it is not affordable for me
I don't think your project will have difficult to get a place in the market
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 10:47:53 PM

wow,
I think I can translate:  He thinks your price is too high.

CryptoSafe (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:28:20 PM

Do you plan to be BIP32, BIP39, BIP43 and BIP44 compliant?

(Hopefully your answer is yes to all.)

Also, do you plan to support stealth addresses?

Thanks!

We plan to support all current and future BIP

Sealth addresses are on the pipeline but don't know if will manage to implement them in the first firmware.
Firmware updates are done on the device and it doesn't have any external connector.

Privacy is a very important part of the project, if you pay only on Bitcoin you can have a totally private ownership of the device.
CryptoSafe (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:56:53 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2014, 09:32:15 AM by CryptoSafe

wow,
I think I can translate:  He thinks your price is too high.

It will be difficult to reduce price without compromising the material quality and security features.
For example if we go for plastic casing and not polished aluminium, if we go for standard USB charge and not self-recharging battery.
Remember that DHL Worldwide delivery is also included.

In the Beta testers equipment we will be losing a lot of money on each.

It will costs us around $1,000 to build and deliver each Beta unit, the amount we are asking is only to serve as a filter so only interested people apply, the monthly fee is also less than at the moment the service costs us.
Also during the Beta Hardware will probably have to be replaced with will need one or several DHL round-trips that we will pay, so we are basically paying people to will enter the Beta.

We are counting on economies of scale so we can reduce the costs later, and at least break even on the equipment.

At the moment we are bootstrapping this project, so not a lot of resources available, and Beta quantities will have to be limited.
CryptoSafe (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:35:37 AM

Also if you are a qualified investor and think this is a great product and want to help bring it to the market, you can contact us by PM.
CryptoSafe (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 05:39:15 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2014, 06:41:22 PM by CryptoSafe

People that don't want to participate on the Beta, but would consider buying the product, can send me a PM with the following information:

How much are wiling to pay for the device / monthly fee
What country will use it;
What functionalities would like:
In average how many transactions you make in a day:
What other crypto currencies you use:

Your feedback will be much appreciated, Thanks

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 02:43:08 PM

I am confused a bit by the monthly charge for broadband.  Is this a WiFi device or does it use the cellular system?  Can you go into more details concerning the connection?  Is this the only connection from the device to the "outside world"?

Any other details you can offer would be great.  I am specifically interested in security measures and how your software and hardware will be audited.  Open source?  Etc.

CryptoSafe (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:13:39 AM

After some requests for price revision, we decide to:

- Use a plastic shell, not a polished aluminium;
- Use regular USB battery charge not self charging;
- Use regular international registered mail for delivery not DHL.

Enabling us to reduce the price of the device to $99.
Waiting for the community support on this project.
CryptoSafe (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:20:53 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 09:13:33 AM by CryptoSafe

I am confused a bit by the monthly charge for broadband.  Is this a WiFi device or does it use the cellular system?  Can you go into more details concerning the connection?  Is this the only connection from the device to the "outside world"?

Any other details you can offer would be great.  I am specifically interested in security measures and how your software and hardware will be audited.  Open source?  Etc.

The device will only support broadband connection, no WiFI or NFC this is a security measure.
The security philosophy will be the minimum moving parts possible.
The critical security parts will be released as Open Source to enable community auditing.
Releasing all the firmware as Open Source in our opinion would pose a security threat.
The three main concerns in development of this project are first Security, second usability, third privacy by this order of importance.

torusJKL

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:17:50 AM

Would it be possible to export the seed or the private keys so that I could use another wallet if I wished to do so?

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
CryptoSafe (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:12:45 AM

Would it be possible to export the seed or the private keys so that I could use another wallet if I wished to do so?

When you generate the private key the device will show the seed on the display, you must backup the seed on paper.
You then can use the seed to rebuild the private key on another device.
The device will also have the option to scan the private key from a QR print.
Several accounts with generated private key's and imported keys can co-exist on the same device.
cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 04:11:49 PM

can we see a prototype and a list of features?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: