Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 02:23:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost bitcoins possibly  (Read 1324 times)
armyranger516862006 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:08:28 PM

Hey guys I have transferred 80$ to my bitcoin wallet this morning and it was pending for hours, well I clicked Reset Blockchain and Transactions thinking it would help well it deleted my pending transaction. How do I get that back? It shows that I sent the coins to my wallet via Coinbase but is not showing in my wallet. It has synchronised with the network and i clicked that. I am not sure if i ever backed it up. Can i view my wallet on a website or is there any way to obtain? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
btcstomper

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:18:55 PM

Put the address you used in blockchain.info and you'll get all the info regarding your transactions.
Mr Tea

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:24:13 PM

As above post the concerned addresses here or the transaction ID if you have it. This may be a problem more on coinbases end then bitcoins to be honest but we need more info.

TRex95

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:27:17 PM

Hey guys I have transferred 80$ to my bitcoin wallet this morning and it was pending for hours, well I clicked Reset Blockchain and Transactions thinking it would help well it deleted my pending transaction. How do I get that back? It shows that I sent the coins to my wallet via Coinbase but is not showing in my wallet. It has synchronised with the network and i clicked that. I am not sure if i ever backed it up. Can i view my wallet on a website or is there any way to obtain? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
Did coinbase provide a TXID when the bitcoin was sent? If so can you post it?

If you look at the address on a block explorer does the TX show up?

Based on the fact that you said "reset blockchain and transactions" I assume that you are using multibit. If this is the case then you sometimes will need to "reset the blockchain" up to 3 times for the balance to accurately update. If this does not work then you will need to export your wallet file to another wallet (I would recommend blockchain.info for this.
armyranger516862006 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:40:48 PM

Ok I am able to view the transaction on blockchain.info. I use Multibit software and it is synchronising all the way to the 26th and not today. I have the Hash number also. I did the Export and then created a new wallet and then imported the Keys to the new wallet. It is synchronising and stuck at 96%.
armyranger516862006 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 08:02:46 PM

Ok I was able to import my key to Blockchain.info and the coins showed up on the website. I appreciate the help everyone. Is it wise to use the Blockchain website over the software or?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 10:21:59 PM

Ok I was able to import my key to Blockchain.info and the coins showed up on the website. I appreciate the help everyone. Is it wise to use the Blockchain website over the software or?

Depends, do you prefer to have to trust others with your coins or do you prefer to handle it yourself? While bc.i does a lot to make sure your private keys are only encrypted on their server its not like you could review any code changes that would change that. On the other hand, I get called paranoid from time to time.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: