Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 08:41:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Without privacy, there is no freedom.  (Read 1169 times)
Moneroman88 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:42:21 PM

One undoubtedly extremely inferior point about Bitcoin is that it neglects freedom. Why so, you might say. Well, it does neglect privacy. By ignoring privacy concerns in an era of the NSA and big brother watching, Bitcoin is shooting itself.

Hence Cryptonote was born. Cryptonote is solid technology for freedom. For privacy. Its ambassador coin - Monero - is here to transform the world's financial system - with privacy for freedom. This is only one of the many superior aspects of Monero. Exciting times ahead, everyone. We're all sitting in the same boat of early adopters here. Truly exciting times.
MoneyMan360

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:45:12 PM

hey arent there countless privacy coins like Darkcoin etc?

°MM360°
username18333

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 11:50:31 PM

GE coins assure greater privacy for they have the emperor of the world backing them. Why would He permit national intelligence agencies to undermine imperial privacy?

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
Moneroman88 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:53:55 PM

GE coins assure greater privacy for they have the emperor of the world backing them. Why would He permit national intelligence agencies to undermine imperial privacy?

Hello. I kindly ask you to refrain from posting illogical nonsense in my threads. Thank you very much!
username18333

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 11:55:14 PM

Hello. I kindly ask you to refrain from posting illogical nonsense in my threads. Thank you very much!
What is "illogical" about that post? Have you never heard of Great Empire of Earth?

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:55:26 PM

I agree that privacy is important, especially given I live in a country that puts the majority first, but in a way so the majority is tyrannical, and will bury difference, intelligence or whatever, and drag everything down to the mediocre.

But your privacy, I fear, relates to you being able to keep money away from others but at the same time freeload on the hard work of society.

Most disreputable.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
username18333

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 11:57:32 PM

I agree that privacy is important, especially given I live in a country that puts the majority first, but in a way so the majority is tyrannical, and will bury difference, intelligence or whatever, and drag everything down to the mediocre.

But your privacy, I fear, relates to you being able to keep money away from others but at the same time freeload on the hard work of society.

Most disreputable.
It would seem your "society" could do for the will of your emperor.

rikkejohn

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:01:54 AM

Most disreputable.

Nothing more vile than majority tyranny, apart from maybe libertarianism. Something in between is more sensible, but with a touch of Plato's dictatorship of trained Kings.

Moneroman88 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:05:01 AM

Privacy is undoubtedly the #1 concern in Cryptocurrency. If Bitcoin keeps neglecting privacy and thus freedom, the result will inevitably be irrelevance and decay.
username18333

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 12:05:34 AM

Most disreputable.

Nothing more vile than majority tyranny, apart from maybe libertarianism. Something in between is more sensible, but with a touch of Plato's dictatorship of trained Kings.
What about that authoritarian anarchism (imposition of psuedo-anarchy via authoritarianism) of emp. Limakasidios?

Moneroman88 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:08:12 AM

@username18333

As requested earlier please stop posting in this thread. Understood?
username18333

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 12:09:37 AM

@username18333

As requested earlier please stop posting in this thread. Understood?
I post with sanction of emp. Limakasidios.

rikkejohn

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:12:10 AM

Most disreputable.

What about that authoritarian anarchism (imposition of psuedo-anarchy via authoritarianism) of emp. Limakasidios?

I'm not aware of this, but anarchism takes agreement, which is why it fails after a year.

Sad, shows humanity as greedy and self-centred.

What's the story, then?

username18333

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 12:14:23 AM

Most disreputable.

I'm not aware of this, but anarchism takes agreement, which is why it fails after a year.

What's the story, then?
Quell disagreement as Hitler would. (That's the "authoritarian" in "authoritarian anarchism.")

rikkejohn

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:15:14 AM

Privacy is undoubtedly the #1 concern in Cryptocurrency. If Bitcoin keeps neglecting privacy and thus freedom, the result will inevitably be irrelevance and decay.

Interesting analysis. I especially enjoy that you simplify the argument so it contains no logic or evidence.

Makes life easy.

rikkejohn

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:17:31 AM

Most disreputable.

What's the story, then?
Quell disagreement as Hitler would.

When Hitler got rid of all potential opposition overnight, thereby making his position from Chancellor to Emperor (in all but name) in one move?

username18333

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 12:22:21 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2014, 12:39:08 AM by username18333

Most disreputable.

What's the story, then?
Quell disagreement as Hitler would.

When Hitler got rid of all potential opposition overnight, thereby making his position from Chancellor to Emperor (in all but name) in one move?
"Rotten wood cannot be carved." --Confucius

"If the cuckoo does not sing, kill it." --Nobunaga

(Recall, also, that emp. Limakasidios is the imperial government.)

username18333

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 12:54:45 AM

An illustration of the anti-governence of authoritarian anarchism follows:

"You can have any color you want, so long as it's black" --> "You can have any color you want, as long as it's not black."

(Id est, "You may proceed as you would, would you so proceed without sake of governance proper.")

evergrow

Activity: 426
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 01:37:11 AM

Bitcoin has enough privacy for my taste. Everything else is just for the criminals I realize. I liked the idea at first but after reconsidering I believe all these privacy coins aren't necessary. It's just a gimmick I guess.
r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:53:29 AM

I don't think that privacy is the no.1 concern for crypto enthusiasts.

And please, no more monero threads.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: