Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:05:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinfeedback.com - How can I make it better?  (Read 45143 times)
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 10:16:19 PM

I figure it is time for a refresh of Bitcoinfeedback.com, both visually and feature-wise.  All comments/criticisms/suggestions are welcome.  How can I make the site better?  My intent/aim was for something along the lines of heatware, but for Bitcoin users.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2012, 11:15:50 PM

Advertise or otherwise increase exposure. I had honestly forgotten this even existed.

Quote from: paraphrasing something I heard once
Coca-Cola doesn't plaster their logo/slogan everywhere thinking that it will make people run out and drink a coke, they do it so that when people are thirsty, a coke is the first thing that comes to mind.

Still around.
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 11:26:21 PM

Thanks - I do need to do that more.  Wink
lulzplzkthx

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2012, 02:23:06 AM

Went to check it out for the first time in ages... why can't I change my website URL? Tongue

bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 02:28:31 AM

I figure it is time for a refresh of Bitcoinfeedback.com, both visually and feature-wise.  All comments/criticisms/suggestions are welcome.  How can I make the site better?  My intent/aim was for something along the lines of heatware, but for Bitcoin users.

Sort-able user name/info tables (although the search seems to be pretty dead on even with a tiny bit of info supplied).

SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 05:44:17 AM

Went to check it out for the first time in ages... why can't I change my website URL? Tongue
Mainly because I didn't want people to leave feedback for one site that is "transferable" to another site.  For example, maybe you have a site where people can buy goods.  Then you take all that good feedback, and apply it to a site that does banking, which is kind of a completely different animal?

I don't know, I am open to suggestions.  Would it be better to allow people to change website URLs?  If a malicious person were to gain access to an account without the person knowing, and quickly changed the URL to a different copy of the site, etc, they could wreck some havoc.  Then again, they could probably wreck havoc without the help of bitcoinfeedback if they created a copy of the site and otherwise promoted people to go to it.

Sort-able user name/info tables (although the search seems to be pretty dead on even with a tiny bit of info supplied).
Thanks - I'll work on that.  Perhaps some better filter options as well (join date, etc)?

One suggestion that was made to me a while ago was for users to be able to tag some sort of value of the transaction.  Obviously, a person doing a hundred $1 transactions shouldn't necessarily be viewed as a more trustworthy candidate than a person who did ten $1000 transactions.  But some people would like to keep that information private, so I am not sure what the best route to go with that would be.  Maybe have a dropdown with ranges... $1-$10, $10-$100, $100-$1000, etc, that people can select from.  Still doesn't peg the exact amount we're talking about, but gives an idea at least to people reviewing the feedback profile.

Or, I could just leave a text field where the person leaving feedback could write whatever they like.  They could write a range, or the exact value in USD or BTC or whatever else they wanted.
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 09:11:29 PM

One other comment I heard was that the site was "a pain to use."  I'd like to hear more details about what, specifically, is a pain, and how I can fix it!
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 12:05:58 AM

The user list is now sortable - just click any of the headings.  The only column that isn't sortable is email, namely because it could give away the starting character(s) of hidden email addresses.  Haven't found an easy way around that one yet.
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 11:33:58 PM

Updated the Leave Feedback page!

- More room to see the comment you are typing
- More room for the reference URL
- Business name and URL are no longer required
- The biggest change is that you can now leave either a range or exact amount of value.  This will give people a better idea of if the person/business is dealing in transactions of 1 BTC or 1,000 BTC.

Still open to further comments on how to improve usability, etc of the site!
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 02:01:24 AM

Hire me, and I will twitter bootstrapize it and jquerize it.  Wink

After your site is made pretty and generic, you should hire a designer who know how to turn it into a not-generic bootstrap website.

(I am just a coder who can't choose color combinations to save his life. Twitter bootstrap help me make pretty web app by default.)

SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 04:22:46 AM

After your site is made pretty and generic, you should hire a designer who know how to turn it into a not-generic bootstrap website.

(I am just a coder who can't choose color combinations to save his life. Twitter bootstrap help me make pretty web app by default.)
I have no idea what twitter bootstrapize and jquerize means... SEO stuff or something?  Or is it for design?
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 02:49:03 PM

I have no idea what twitter bootstrapize and jquerize means... SEO stuff or something?  Or is it for design?
Twitter Bootstrap: http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/
Jquery: http://jquery.com/

Basically UX (<-- User eXperience) awesome sauce.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 04:10:52 PM

Twitter Bootstrap: http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/
Jquery: http://jquery.com/

Basically UX (<-- User eXperience) awesome sauce.
Mmmmm, smexy.  I might have to take you up on that offer!
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 05:19:53 PM

Mmmmm, smexy.  I might have to take you up on that offer!

Cool! Let discuss the price and the work via email. I am at hackerkiba at gmail.com.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 05:23:39 PM

I am no web deisgner, remember! Just want your site to look great by default.

SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 11:13:21 PM

Visual updates completed by kiba.  Let me know what you think, and how I can improve on the default "theme"!

http://bitcoinfeedback.com/beta/

Kiba - I'll send the rest of your payment this evening.

EDIT:  Also, I am tired of my front page text.  What should go on the homepage?  I was thinking having a "recent feedback" box, but I want to put more than just that...
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 11:18:11 PM

yaaaay bootstrap, how refreshing
SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 11:20:21 PM

yaaaay bootstrap, how refreshing
You have to admit, it's better than what I had before.  Wink
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 11:42:20 PM

I forgot my password. Is there a password recovery mechanism around here?

SgtSpike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 06:05:24 AM

I forgot my password. Is there a password recovery mechanism around here?
Basically involves just PMing me at this point.  I'll PM you a temporary password.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: