Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:34:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kickstart the Bitcoin Kickstarter!  (Read 4577 times)
lulzplzkthx (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2012, 02:06:29 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2012, 03:01:05 AM by lulzplzkthx

Hello everyone,

I've come back from an almost year-long hiatus from Bitcoin, and I'm excited to be back. Upon checking out all the new projects, there was something I realized was missing: Kickstarter. If you've ever seen Kickstarter or Indiegogo, you'll know that they are awesome community-funded efforts to start new, innovative, and creative projects. I'd like to bring that kind of community to Bitcoin.

I've begun working on a design mockup, and hope to get a server setup shortly (thanks to a kind rg from BitVPS sponsoring me for the first month or two.) However, this can't cover everything!

Real graphics need to be created, I will need to pay for the VPS as soon as I can, and I also need to meet my own personal needs.

If you think this project is a good idea, and you support it, and believe you might use it, please donate just one (1) Bitcoin to the fund. This will go to helping create code, graphics, and serve the website.

To donate anonymously, use this address: 1Lauokt6UDNmHLC4RgoSS4Uc7sc6YYjQRn. If you would like to have your name listed as a founding supporter on the website, PM me for a private address so I can verify you sent the donation.

Thank you,
John Maguire

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
senbonzakura

Activity: 602
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 02:44:07 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2012, 09:42:02 PM by senbonzakura

http://www.bitcoinstarter.com

http://bitstarter.co

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=17500
lulzplzkthx (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2012, 02:59:12 AM

Didn't find this when I originally Googled around. Looks like the last post by bitstarter regarding BitcoinStarter was from February 20th, as far as I can tell? Anyone heard anything else from him?

lulzplzkthx (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2012, 03:15:31 AM

Last Active:    May 07, 2012, 07:29:42 PM   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=17500

https://glbse.com/asset/view/BST 

ticker symbol BST

IBB Joint Venture

Yes, I saw when he was last active, but I went through his posts and the most recent one relating to BitcoinKickstarter was from Feb. 20, if I'm not mistaken. Do you have more recent news from him?

Thanks again,
John

lulzplzkthx (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2012, 03:19:59 AM

yes, he is still working on the site, you can pm him he will answer your questions

Haha, at the very least he may want to update the GLBSE page as it hasn't been updated in ages.

As I see little information for this project around, and I think it's good to make sure there's no monopolies, I plan to carry on with my project. Smiley

John

lulzplzkthx (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2012, 03:29:35 AM

ah ok, just saying the project is almost complete, but yeah competition is good

good luck  Smiley

I'll be excited to see how it turns out. Smiley

And the same to you.

John

RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 04:25:22 AM

I spend $200/month on kickstarter/indiegogo. If you make it, I will definitely come. 

BitcoinStarter has been under construction for 6 months+, makes we wonder when it is finally going to be launched.  Hopefully it will be worth the wait.  Skeptical but optimistic.

Tangentially, if someone can figure out a good way to offer fulfillment insurance alongside a kickstarter interface, I think it would be really powerful.  It would offload risk that the project owner fails to follow through, so you either get the product or money back.  A debt-trading platform laid on top of this would be amazing.
BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 04:35:04 AM

I spend $200/month on kickstarter/indiegogo. If you make it, I will definitely come. 

BitcoinStarter has been under construction for 6 months+, makes we wonder when it is finally going to be launched.  Hopefully it will be worth the wait.  Skeptical but optimistic.

Tangentially, if someone can figure out a good way to offer fulfillment insurance alongside a kickstarter interface, I think it would be really powerful.  It would offload risk that the project owner fails to follow through, so you either get the product or money back.  A debt-trading platform laid on top of this would be amazing.

Ditto. There's nothing wrong with multiple platforms. Demand will be large, the market can support two easily. Good luck John, hopefully you'll get this off the ground quickly.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
frisco2

Activity: 312
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 02:26:10 AM

You can also use Propster as a kickstarter.

https://propster.hypervolume.com

Boris

Crosspass -- a simple way to send passwords, encryption keys, bitcoin addresses, etc.
Narydu
Donator

Activity: 743
Merit: 510

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 11:02:19 PM

i believe this is a must fo bitcoin!

frisco2

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 11:27:15 PM

Do you have any feature requests that you can not find now on Kickstarter, in addition to Bitcoin support ?

Crosspass -- a simple way to send passwords, encryption keys, bitcoin addresses, etc.
Nolybab

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 08:02:59 AM

Has anyone heard any updates on this project? It's closely related to a project i'm promoting (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90603.0). I checked out the CoinConnect site but it doesn't seem active in the past 90 days. In any case, check out the topic link above and let me know if anyone is interested in collaborating.
frisco2

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 03:01:34 PM

Hello, I am the creator of Booster.io, a site I launched recently . If you want to collaborate PM me.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: