Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:47:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Numbers don't add up at uno.coin-pool.org? Or maybe I'm missing something....  (Read 2185 times)
Loafman (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:22:09 PM

Hi guys, first post, so hope I am in the right place for this message.

I am very new to mining, and crypto currencies in general, so thought I would ask if anyone can shed some light on my findings?

I recently purchased 2 x Antminer S1's just for sh*ts and giggles and undervolted/underclocked them for efficiency (they are running at ~127GH/s each @149watts at the wall each). I realise this is not productive as far as coins vs. electricity goes, but as I say, it's just for fun and experimentation purposes.

For a few days I have been mining 'Unobtanium' at uno.coin-pool.org. I have noticed that the largest contributor in hashing power (listed as Anonymous) has not been listed as finding a singal block in days. All the other major contributors have found many blocks each.
Is it possible that this 'Anonymous' user is fake and just taking a large share ratio?

As I say, I am new to all of this, but do understand quite a bit about statistical analysis, so I'm hoping I am maybe just missing something.  Huh
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Loafman (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 06:49:32 PM

An example of what I mean is shown in these two images, both of which were taken at the same time in different browser tabs.

I notice there are 2 anonymous users at the time of the screen captures, but it's the one at the top which seems to be the odd one.

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a597/Loafmanuk/coin-pool/coin-pool-hash_zps54657180.jpg

Here shows that despite having the highest hashrate, 'anonymous' has not found a block in quite some time, I have been monitoring this for over a day now.

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a597/Loafmanuk/coin-pool/coin-pool-blocks_zpseb31a2da.jpg

As I say, it just doesn't seem to add up to me, although I may be missing something..... so I'm not pointing fingers, just curious.  Huh

EDIT: grammar!
Loafman (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:48:22 PM

I understand that it is all about luck, but for more than 4 days I've been monitoring this and still not a single block found by 'anonymous' even though the 'lesser' contributors have found plenty. Doesn't anyone else think this is odd?
crunck
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

crunck

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:07:27 PM

I tend to agree that the way you have put this across does indeed look a little odd to say the least.

That being said it is a game of luck but that is a serious losing streak if it is genuine.

I will be interested to see others views on this, and a very good catch should it turn out to be rip off
I also note the account is also a donator

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Loafman (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 01:11:39 PM

That being said it is a game of luck but that is a serious losing streak if it is genuine.

A serious losing streak indeed. By my crude (and maybe incorrect calculations?!?) the chance of this losing streak is like winning the lottery jackpot every week for a year or something ridiculous!

Basically, 'anonymous' has approximately half of the hashing power of the pool, so you would expect 'anonymous' to find approximately half of the blocks, right? So, the chance of finding not a single block out of the last 150 or so (since I've been watching) is ~ 0.5^150, which is around 7.006e-46...... an incredibly small number!

Six days and counting, I'm now convinced this is either being scammed or I'm missing something, check for yourselves and let me know what you think?

http://uno.coin-pool.org/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool
http://uno.coin-pool.org/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks
Loafman (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:01:33 PM

So, I've just noticed that coin-pool.org has vanished...

Just wondered if anyone knows where it went? Did I indeed unearth a scam? There seems to be nothing much about it's disappearance on the internet..

Any info greatly appreciated.  Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: