Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:54:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to build trust  (Read 1596 times)
Dr. Pepper

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:41:21 PM

Thanks for the backhanded compliment, i think...  Wink

I was also posing the question to see if theres any type of verification service offered to users like confirming home addresses, email addresses and so forth.

Well you can get verified like that on the btcjam lending site, but verifying your details still doesn't make you trustworthy or mean that you wont scam them.

FeedTheDolphins

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:21:16 PM

Trade a lot and always be transparent and you'll earn trust in no time. 
healtheworld

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:26:39 PM

ask some people send you trust feedback  Grin
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 10:35:33 PM

Avoid vod.

Agreed, Any1 who licks their own boob should not be trusted  Cheesy

They should be studied for their skills!  EVERYONE should be able to lick their own boob!

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Billbags

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:00:46 AM

Time and attitude.

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 06:55:59 AM

Its gonna be hard to begin escrow services at your current member status..! There are already so many trusted escrows offering there services for free, no fee [may be some donations but no required fee]. And Its not suggested either to use Newbies as escrow .

Notso (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:48:15 AM

I gathered that, guess its a bit of a pipe dream, theres so many people out there doing it already, ill just sit back and wait a while until I can buy some stuff, build the trust and come back to it some other day  Smiley
bitcoin4eva

Activity: 328

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:05:46 AM

I wouldn't get into coin lending business, its one big hassle with the collateral and all. Trading would be good, sell your BTC or items or buy something.
bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 10:33:38 AM

there is no trust in the bitcoin universe as of today.

there were VIP members here that have been around for years and were by default in the trust system, and even they screwed people over!
Clegg

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:42:11 AM

there were VIP members here that have been around for years and were by default in the trust system, and even they screwed people over!

It's hard to trust people but that doesn't mean everyone can't be trusted, but you should assume they cant until proven otherwise. It's easy to become cynical here, but we all have to trust someone at some point if we're using bitcoin whether that's a buyer or escrow agent.
lahm-44

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:56:03 AM

Starting with loans (even if you are offering them) would bring allot of people who are against it (because they would consider you doing "trust loans"). escrow isn't that useful either since no one would escrow a newbie. if you need to build trust I think engaging in the community and posting useful comments is a good start and after that moving to goods section and buy/sell stuff "and using escrow" would be good to get some initial trust.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:19:31 AM

trust in the devil
lol good one

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
PowerCordZ

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:52:50 PM

Always keep your promises.
bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 01:06:49 PM

It's hard to trust people but that doesn't mean everyone can't be trusted, but you should assume they cant until proven otherwise. It's easy to become cynical here, but we all have to trust someone at some point if we're using bitcoin whether that's a buyer or escrow agent.

I only trust them when they are within reach of the DOJ so I can strangle them.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: