Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 11:21:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think will happen to the bitcoin price until 2015?  (Read 3972 times)
jsmit332 (OP)

Activity: 792
Merit: 1001

Video editing • Animated GIFs • Graphic Design

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:43:10 PM

I never actually thought that the bitcoin price would become this low again. I thought the price would stabilize at around $500 and now i'm staggered! Especially with no reason as to why the bitcoin price is falling. What do you think will happen to the price? Will it go back up to $1200 as a Christmas miracle?  Huh  Tongue
yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:49:01 PM

fuck me are we that down that we are now begging for christmas miracles?
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:52:08 PM

If the ETF goes online there would be a slight chance that we stay above 100$ by the end of the year .

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:54:23 PM

If an other bank fail ... no worry to skyrocket BTC price.
In eurozone, many people want an alternative to bank to hold money life economies.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 08:55:24 PM

Every coin being sold is being bought by someone out there. This is a time of coin redistribution from weak hands to strong hands.

There is a lot of money 'on the sidelines' just waiting for the technicals to turn. Painful to be a holder through this but if you believe in the tech then just hang on in there. This has happened before several times, and will likely happen again.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:00:17 PM

Real money people are here now and they are probably using every trick in the book to drive the price down so they can accumulate cheap. They won't panic buy the price up like muggles.

Then there is the mining angle. Difficulty keeps climbing, which means less profit for miners which means they have to sell more to remain solvent. Eventually a bottom will be reached (the cost of mining a coin).

Based on the above, I'm expecting things to be boring at least until difficulty stops climbing. The latest I would expect things to change is when the reward halves. Which would really suck to have to wait for, but it will result in a higher price when it happens.

That's not taking into account things like the winkle ETF, possible media hype storm or other unexpected events.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:04:23 PM

Real money people are here now and they are probably using every trick in the book to drive the price down so they can accumulate cheap. They won't panic buy the price up like muggles.

http://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2hpfim/lets_face_it_theres_currently_no_demand_for_all/ckuu0qg

let me tell you the number one objection to bitcoin wealthy investors have:
Bitcoin is MLM
and yes, to a 40-something financial or legal professional who considers himself moderately clued in to society, bitcoin is MLM.
the way it comes off is, a bunch of people bought up a large proportion of bitcoins for cheap. and the only reason new people buy bitcoins today is because they think new waves of more people will buy bitcoins in the future
then you try to compare bitcoin to a stock, oh it's ok that early adopters get rich because that happens in stocks too. except bitcoin isn't a stock. there is no product with bitcoin. there are no dividends. you don't have voting rights either unless you're an allstar developer.
my point is, if you look at bitcoin objectively, it's MLM. the only reason 99% of people buy bitcoin is because they think bigger waves of people will buy bitcoin in the future.
this is important because so many of you are forgetting this objection and then you go beg wall street types to get into the system. they're not buying MLM. when has wall st ever bought MLM? never.
instead you should be appealing to the common man in understandable ways. openbazaar and silk road are the clearest examples of how to do that. you would have far more success selling bitcoin to people by putting up posters in the city advertising "buy dank ganja online anonymously - visit howtosilkroad.com". that's going to teach the common person to value bitcoin in a tangible way
that's a clear demonstrable vector for commercial demand.
everyone in 2014 was dreaming that wall street would pitch in and be the new big wave of recruits to buying bitcoin, so the old recruits would all be fabulously wealthy. shit, wall street wouldn't prop up a MLM scheme they didn't control from the top even if the entire financial system was collapsing all around them
There is simply no pragmatic answer to "Why should I buy bitcoin?"
No, the pragmatic answer is "because I think more people will buy it in the future". and that, my friends is MLM.

Everyone should have a look at this thread, btw:

http://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2hpfim/lets_face_it_theres_currently_no_demand_for_all/
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:22:02 PM

Every coin being sold is being bought by someone out there. This is a time of coin redistribution from weak hands to strong hands.

There is a lot of money 'on the sidelines' just waiting for the technicals to turn. Painful to be a holder through this but if you believe in the tech then just hang on in there. This has happened before several times, and will likely happen again.

Exactly; we needed some time before being able to jump up to higher prices and the future looks very bright for Bitcoin

2015 will finish in positive and we will probably see a price jump or two Grin
exocytosis

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:31:18 PM

The best case scenario is that we manage to stay in the triple digits until sometime in January.

The more likely scenario is that we'll see double digits well before Christmas.
jsmit332 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:23:29 PM

If the ETF goes online there would be a slight chance that we stay above 100$ by the end of the year .

What is ETF anyway? I've heard of it but don't really get it.
jsmit332 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:24:32 PM

The best case scenario is that we manage to stay in the triple digits until sometime in January.

Why do you think that?
jsmit332 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:29:50 PM

fuck me are we that down that we are now begging for christmas miracles?

LOL but we are almost as down as when the Mt.Gox crash happened.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:34:00 PM

Why do you think that?
He's a troll and on most peoples ignore.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
jsmit332 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:50:32 PM

Why do you think that?

jsmit332 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:51:50 PM

Does anybody else have any other theories?
GriTBitS

Activity: 448

“A decentralized registry for unique assets”

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:52:46 PM

I'm hopping for $50 ppl shitting there pants all christmas!

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

*   Collect with Trust   *
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

exocytosis

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:55:43 PM

Why do you think that?

And I've been accurately predicting BTC price development for at least four months.

jsmit332 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:11:51 PM

Why do you think that?

And I've been accurately predicting BTC price development for at least four months.

If you are not being a troll please explain why you think this. I am not calling you a troll i am just interested.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:19:05 PM

Why do you think that?

If you are not being a troll please explain why you think this. I am not calling you a troll i am just interested.

Yes it is very hard to see a downward sloping line and predict falling prices. Interestingly when the price bounced 10% in 30 minutes last week you were nowhere to be seen.

Noone except the person selling knows what the price will do in the short term. All the bears on here are doing is looking on the recent chart to extrapolate further falls. The bulls on the other hand look on a slightly longer timeframe than the last 9 months. Unsurprisingly there aren't many bears from earlier bitcoin years still posting here - I will leave you to decide why..
jsmit332 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:28:25 PM

Why do you think that?

Yes it is very hard to see a downward sloping line and predict falling prices. Interestingly when the price bounced 10% in 30 minutes last week you were nowhere to be seen.

Noone except the person selling knows what the price will do in the short term. All the bears on here are doing is looking on the recent chart to extrapolate further falls. The bulls on the other hand look on a slightly longer timeframe than the last 9 months. Unsurprisingly there aren't many bears from earlier bitcoin years still posting here - I will leave you to decide why..

So do you think that bitcoin will make a recovery? Or do you think is the final big fall for Bitcoin?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: