Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:02:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you people sell at these price?  (Read 4450 times)
Gundulmu

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:43:35 PM

some sell because they need cash
and others sell just bcoz they are afraid that what if price dropped more,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sbrzol

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 12:57:00 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 01:20:37 PM by sbrzol

here we are again

i promise to sell at $370 about 500 Btc  (and by back later)

i used bitstamp earlier so i plan to sell there ,  

could be any problem at bitstamp to sell so much btc? (bitstamp block my account, etc. ?)
( i dont want to withdraw the money , only wait some months until we reach 300 to buy back)

it is sure that this is not the bottom  (i do not care if i lose 10-20% , i could win 10-20% too, but i wont sit on my ass and watch how many times i could sell higher)

otc buying will keep the price down until otc follow exchange rates ,  perhaps their volume 3-10 times more than exchanges but still follow exhange prices, the question is how long could it take  

if i were a big whale i would buy otc and dumping constantly on exchanges to push the price to the lowest level to accumulate as much coin as i can
nobody will see my buying order (offline), but everybody will see my big selling orders in the order books and will shift their orders too (to follow the "market")

or you can try to convience me not to sell and why you think $370 is the bottom and from here we go to da moon

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 02:52:14 PM

here we are again

could be any problem at bitstamp to sell so much btc? (bitstamp block my account, etc. ?)
( i dont want to withdraw the money , only wait some months until we reach 300 to buy back)

it is sure that this is not the bottom  (i do not care if i lose 10-20% , i could win 10-20% too, but i wont sit on my ass and watch how many times i could sell higher)

otc buying will keep the price down until otc follow exchange rates ,  perhaps their volume 3-10 times more than exchanges but still follow exhange prices, the question is how long could it take  

if i were a big whale i would buy otc and dumping constantly on exchanges to push the price to the lowest level to accumulate as much coin as i can
nobody will see my buying order (offline), but everybody will see my big selling orders in the order books and will shift their orders too (to follow the "market")

or you can try to convience me not to sell and why you think $370 is the bottom and from here we go to da moon

Please sell.

Pay day is here.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:54:02 PM

People sell, because they are not stupid, they know it's going lower. Stupid people like you hold and ruin your financial life, while others point and laugh at bag holder fools.

Time to sell was $1000, you had your time. Didn't use it? Too dumb then, hold til grave.
wormbog

Activity: 561

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:05:13 PM

People sell, because they are not stupid, they know it's going lower. Stupid people like you hold and ruin your financial life, while others point and laugh at bag holder fools.

Time to sell was $1000, you had your time. Didn't use it? Too dumb then, hold til grave.

First you call people stupid for not sharing your vision of what the price will do tomorrow and beyond.

Then you call them stupid for not knowing the future back when the price was at $1000.

Since you know the future, tell me your prediction for the price of bitcoin at the end of October. Then we can determine if you're an idiot by your own definition. If you're within 10% I'll give your opinion some credence.
sbrzol

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:05:26 PM

here we are again

Please sell.

Pay day is here.

i can lose only 10-20% if that was the bottom, but if not and it goes more down for example to 200 then i can accumulate 40-60% more coins after buying back

i think 40-60% gain is much better than 10-20% loss, much better than only to watch the price decline despite of the good news (while nobody wants to investigate/nobody could give the real reason of the price decline. )

Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:09:53 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 06:15:02 PM by Sevvero

First you call people stupid for not sharing your vision of what the price will do tomorrow and beyond.

Then you call them stupid for not knowing the future back when the price was at $1000.

Since you know the future, tell me your prediction for the price of bitcoin at the end of October.
Then we can determine if you're an idiot by your own definition. If you're within 10% I'll give your opinion some credence.
Sure, under 350.

There you go.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 03:10:29 PM

i can lose only 10-20% if that was the bottom, but if not and it goes more down for example to 200 then i can accumulate 40-60% more coins after buying back

i think 40-60% gain is much better than 10-20% loss, much better than only to watch the price decline despite of the good news (while nobody wants to investigate/nobody could give the real reason of the price decline. )

I almost sold at $2 because everyone was talking about how it would probably go below a dollar.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
sbrzol

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:45:42 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 06:20:54 PM by sbrzol

I almost sold at $2 because everyone was talking about how it would probably go below a dollar.

yeah and that day was when Bill Clinton say something good about bitcoin, and that day was when merchant adoption rising , and that day was when everything is cool except price

i believe in bitcoin but what i see is only market manipulation and nobody cares (exchanges/foundations/VCs/payment processors/miners) ,  , so i will follow the market
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:12:17 PM

Since you know the future, tell me your prediction for the price of bitcoin at the end of October.
Then we can determine if you're an idiot by your own definition. If you're within 10% I'll give your opinion some credence.
Sure, under 250.

There you go.

paged and waiting
sbrzol

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:17:30 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 06:36:08 PM by sbrzol

probably exchanges know the truth but say nothing about it

if i were the owner of Bitstamp (unregulated market, unregulated exchanges) and i can see that only for example 10 sellers who account for the 90% of the volume (by dumping bitcoins and constantly withdrawing fiat) then i would share it (the fact, some statistic, not the user infos)  to the public  (if this is not acceptable some users then they have the option to leave and use another exchange)
our goal is to spread bitcoin , but with this manipulation exchanges only slow down the adoption

average joe/newcomers  wont buy bitcoin until the price declining
i and many others wont say nobody to buy bitcoins because we dont want to lose our friends, if the price keep declining
the price will recover it is for sure but i dont want to get the negative comments form my friends that this investment suxxx , about half a year or more,
and i probably cant convience them to keep it when it lose half its value, so it will be too late for them and for our friendship  if the price will skyrockets 1 or  2 years

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: