Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:51:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will 2014 be the first year to see Bitcoin price down?
Yes—I am confident that the Bitcoin price on December 31, 2014 will be lower than on January 1, 2014 - 24 (42.1%)
Yes—but I have my doubts - 10 (17.5%)
I am not sure (or it is too close to call) - 8 (14%)
No—but I have my doubts - 6 (10.5%)
No—I am confident that the Bitcoin price on December 31, 2014 will be higher than on January 1, 2014 - 9 (15.8%)
Total Voters: 57

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The bubble popped in winter; could this year end red?  (Read 1854 times)
dree12 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:29:26 PM

Historically, Bitcoin has always been up on December 31 relative to January 1 of the same year.

But these dates are arbitrary. There have been long periods of time in 2012, for example, where Bitcoin price was below where it was a year ago.

However, because a winter bubble pop has inflated January's numbers, this may be the first time that the price will not recover in time to colour 2014's candle green. (The price on January 1 was $745.)

Thoughts?
njcarlos

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 09:38:16 PM

Obviously.
pizza77

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 10:04:14 PM

This year could end red judging by the way the price is dropping today.
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:01:13 PM

I give it a 50/50 shot. Only because $745 is easily within reach.
exocytosis

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:05:37 PM

This year will end in the double or single digits, after a massive, continuous sell-off by most miners, cultists and early adopters.
Driv3n

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:35:24 PM

This year will end in the double or single digits, after a massive, continuous sell-off by most miners, cultists and early adopters.

No it won't, stop trolling every thread with your nonsense.  You're just like fallling, trolling like crazy to try and drop the price so you can buy as many as possible at cheap prices, you're not fooling anyone.
exocytosis

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:37:51 PM

you're not fooling anyone.

So you're gonna deny that the price has actually been falling dramatically for several months? Have I been fooling people by pointing out this fact? Have I been fooling people by accurately predicting the declining prices?

hyphymikey

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:40:42 PM

Why are you still here then?

GTFO
Driv3n

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:48:49 PM

So you're gonna deny that the price has actually been falling dramatically for several months? Have I been fooling people by pointing out this fact? Have I been fooling people by accurately predicting the declining prices?

Sure, the price has been falling because the price went up 100x last year.  I realize there were a lot of people on here who thought we'd see another mega rally this year but realistically the chances were pretty slim.  This bear market has been long, and I will agree with you that it's not over yet, and we may retest the low 300s or even high 200s, but it means very little in the long run.  

Merchant adoption is increasing, daily transactions are increasing, public awareness is increasing, and price will increase eventually too.  I'm not saying it'll happen anytime soon, it could take 6 months or even a year to see the 700-1000 range again, but to say the price is going to drop down to single digits is ridiculous.  

If you really believed Bitcoin was dead you wouldn't waste your time posting here, but instead your here trying to convince other people that Bitcoin is going to $0, which makes it clear that you're actually a bull trying to FUD the price down so you can buy in as cheap as possible.
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:56:29 PM

Sure, the price has been falling because the price went up 100x last year.  I realize there were a lot of people on here who thought we'd see another mega rally this year but realistically the chances were pretty slim.  This bear market has been long, and I will agree with you that it's not over yet, and we may retest the low 300s or even high 200s, but it means very little in the long run.  

Merchant adoption is increasing, daily transactions are increasing, public awareness is increasing, and price will increase eventually too.  I'm not saying it'll happen anytime soon, it could take 6 months or even a year to see the 700-1000 range again, but to say the price is going to drop down to single digits is ridiculous.  

If you really believed Bitcoin was dead you wouldn't waste your time posting here, but instead your here trying to convince other people that Bitcoin is going to $0, which makes it clear that you're actually a bull trying to FUD the price down so you can buy in as cheap as possible.

How many times does he need to see it printed in front of him before he realises that his posts are utterly transparent, the poor fool.
exocytosis

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:58:57 PM

GTFO

Aah ... The sweet sound of over-invested cultists getting angry. When I hear that sound, I know we're still far away from the bottom.  Smiley

hyphymikey

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:06:18 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 04:16:31 AM by hyphymikey

GTFO

Aah ... The sweet sound of over-invested cultists getting angry. When I hear that sound, I know we're still far away from the bottom.  Smiley

Your right. I over invested at $18 and haven't worked a day since lmao.

You, the sound of someone who bought at the top, sold at $700 and is still butthurt because you aren't a grown man with patience. That's the sound I love to hear!
njcarlos

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:29:38 AM

Your right. I over invested at $18 and haven't worked a day since lmao.

You, the sound of someone who bought at the top, sold at $700 and is still butthurt because you aren't a grown man with patience. That's the sound I love to hear!

EDIT: fucking loser
Why don't you show some tact you imbecile? You bought at $18 and didn't work off the backs of thousands of people who lost thousands of dollars "buying at the top" as you suggest. Not that it's your fault, but flaunting and throwing salt in wounds makes you look like the fucking loser. Protip: take some of your easy money and blow it on some grammar lessons, you classless halfwit twit.
GreenCoin22

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 04:11:06 AM

Winter Is Coming

we all know, I guess the price will return to October 2013/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: