Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:20:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CryptoFest :: Short Film Festival :: Sponsored by ORA  (Read 4928 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 10:58:19 PM

Awesome work guys! These rewards are extremely generous.

Even if you don't make videos and participate for the prizes, tell others about this! If you're invested in *any* crypto currency this can only be a positive thing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kora2

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:13:24 AM

Awesome work guys! These rewards are extremely generous.

Even if you don't make videos and participate for the prizes, tell others about this! If you're invested in *any* crypto currency this can only be a positive thing.

Thanks Mac! That's right, we need 'Viral' grass roots promotion! Every bit counts Smiley
kora2

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:21:10 AM

CryptoFest :: Short Film Festival :: Progress Report!

CryptoFest was announced on 29Th September.

Goal:         'To promote blockchain technology to the wider community, to help spread adoption of ALL crypto currencies'
Strategy:   'Stimulate production of ENTERTAINING short videos & multmedia presentations about blockchain tech & crypto currencies'
Objective:  'Start a successful short film competition with prizes'
Tactics:     'Get BTT users 'interested' in CryptoFest as an idea, VIRAL promotion of a worthwhile project'

First Prize - the Palme d'ORA
- 2 bitcoins
- 5 Million ORA assets

People's Choice Award
- 1 bitcoin
- 2.5 Million ORA assets

166,666 ORA assets for each valid entry

On October 14 we announced:
'CryptoFest: Early Birds'
CryptoFest will award two 0.25 bitcoin prizes for the best two entries from the first ten valid submissions.

So far we have not had ANY entries submitted, but we're still confident CryptoFest will end up being VERY successful!

Please HELP ... spread the word anywhere you think might be useful, consider entering yourself Smiley

CryptoFest wants to 'catch' crypto related Viral Video(s)!!!

http://www.cryptofest.tv/
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:45:01 AM

I wonder what would be the first submission be like. Shouldn't we do something like, you know a small video clip, lets say 5-10 secs each from everyone with their mobile around the world (all continent) with a paper, cardboard, anything in their hands with words like "We support Crypto", "You can't ban crypto" etc. Then we can compile all these clips together with a nice soundtrack in the background. The clip ends with some dramatic ssage like , "this is the beginning.." and lastly a few secs clip of Cryptofest in the end.

And hey, we actually don't have a logo for this Cryptofest.  Grin

geyu

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:27:50 AM

There is a progress I am glad to see.
kora2

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 12:09:13 PM

WooHoo! We have an entry in CryptoFest!

This wonderful video about NXT was made with something else in mind (I think), but the creators kindly entered it in CryptoFest too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CWTtFZroEA

They're in the running for the first prize (The Palme d'ORA) and the 'People's Choice', plus the 'CryptoFest: Early Birds' as the submission is one of the first ten!!

The creator will also receive an ORA stake of 166,666 ORA assets as part of ORA's 'phase 2' 'proof-of-action' giveaway!

A slow start, but the CryptoFest snowball is finally rolling Smiley
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:15:13 PM

WooHoo! We have an entry in CryptoFest!

This wonderful video about NXT was made with something else in mind (I think), but the creators kindly entered it in CryptoFest too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CWTtFZroEA

They're in the running for the first prize (The Palme d'ORA) and the 'People's Choice', plus the 'CryptoFest: Early Birds' as the submission is one of the first ten!!

The creator will also receive an ORA stake of 166,666 ORA assets as part of ORA's 'phase 2' 'proof-of-action' giveaway!

A slow start, but the CryptoFest snowball is finally rolling Smiley

Very nice indeed.  Cool
kora2

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 06:16:55 AM

CryptoFest really is open to everyone to enter, and all valid entries will receive an ORA stake as part of our phase 2 "proof-of-action" giveaway.

Please don't think CryptoFest is only interested in 'professional' quality submissions. Professional productions are great, but sometimes powerful results can be achieved using a 'low-fi' approach. This applies across all art forms IMO - films, music, visual arts, theater. I love loud pumping music, but sometimes an acoustic unplugged 'vibe' can really blow me away too.

Here are some really good examples of 'low-fi' crypto related videos that I've really enjoyed. The productions are 'simple', and that leaves room for the content to shine, including the sincerity and passion of the people on screen.

Anyone with access to a smart phone could make a video like these.

NXT Scamcoin?? Jeff Garzik rebuttal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r8areoxqag
This video is a rebuttal to Jeff Garzik's recent 'claim/FUD' that NXT is a 'scam coin'. The presenter (unknown to me) has some prepared notes written on a whiteboard, but it looks like he's working off the cuff, and he sounds very knowledgeable and 'credible'. The delivery is sincere and informative, and there's some great educational content in this video, so it's almost like a mini-tutorial (and ORA gets a mention too!!). I came away from this video feeling like I learnt something!

Marc De Mesel How To Become The NXT Billionaire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFZ1oGDDQQ8
This video is a monologue (like the one above), but the presenter (Marc De Mesel) has a very different style, and the appeal of this video is more 'emotional', and the content is much more personal too, which I really liked. Marc is on location in the grounds of the Microsoft campus, and he spends time explaining some parallels between the growth of Microsoft & operating systems, and where the crypto scene is now, and might go in the future. At one point Marc gets choked with emotion describing the effect Bill Gates' example has had on him and his approach to crypto - a really great moment in crypto 'film' history! Showing passion and emotion usually 'works' well in non-fiction videos!

Tai Zen & Leon Fu - Interview December 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG_E47oQpT0
This is an interview style dialogue between well known NXT'er Tai Zen and another guy, Leon Fu (who I don't know much about). It's a dialogue, and Tai is interviewing Leon who seems to have some pretty high level 'expert' knowledge on crypto tech. I think I first saw this video within 48 hours of its appearance on youtube, and it really had an impact on me in my thinking about NXT back in December 2013. Not too many 1 month old cryptos have youtube interviews, and Tai obviously has some experience in front of the camera and looks comfortable as a 'host'. This video got me 'interested' in NXT!!

I think all three of these videos are excellent, and while they're all different, they're all very effective at promoting crypto, plus they're ALL entertaining and enjoyable to watch. They're probably too long for CryptoFest, but I could see shorter versions of these video 'styles' being very effective at spreading the general crypto message to the wider community, and the fact that these videos are 'simple' doesn't make them less watchable, or less effective.

I've said before that CryptoFest is trying to unearth crypto videos with viral potential. As good as the videos above are, none of them has too many views so far which is sad, but that can change!

What makes a video go viral? Viral videos have an 'X-factor', and that's impossible to 'manufacture' ... or is it?

Here's a recent viral video I saw doing the rounds on the internet. The original version had over 1.6 Million hits on youtube! This is another copy (the original must have been taken down). It's a video of a bikini clad girl trying to take a 'selfie' of herself in a public place. It's funny, and thought provoking too. Which girl comes of 'worse', the bikini selfie girl, or the girl shooting the video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B81OsN2k0n0

What makes a video go viral? What would happen if a crypto video went viral?

More people probably watched the 'selfie girl' video in a couple of weeks than the total number of bitcoin users in the last 5 years. That's a pretty weird thought!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: