Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:01:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD] 2x Hex4M (2x 400ghs) within UK - escrow fine, you pay - in hand now  (Read 1277 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
btmtb (OP)

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 03:01:58 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 07:13:49 PM by btmtb

I've just got my 2x Hex4M boards along with a pre-flashed TPlink from Technobit. This was based on the massively late minion chip, but I have these boards in hand now. I've unwrapped them to look at, and them promptly wrapped them back up as they were supposed to be compatible with 1150 coolers, but actually they're only compatible with the specific Arctic 7 Freezer cooler that marto based his hole locations on (although he has discussed releasing brackets). Before I spent money on new coolers on something I've lost interest in anyway, I wanted to see if anyone's interested in buying them.

The package would be:
2x Hex4M 400GHS, in hand, fully assembled by Marto74/Technobit.eu (link)
1x Preflashed TP Link controller that I ordered from Technobit with the above (link)
(with whatever tech support or warranty technobit will offer)
(needs 4 coolers per board and suitable PSU)

Basically I want to fund a Oculus Rift DK2 with this, so I'm asking the equivalent of £300ukp plus carriage (about £10 with parcelforce 24hr). I think this is VERY fair price, and actually represents a substantial loss over what I paid, however if you don't agree, that's fine and I'm not interested so please keep it to yourself. Based in the N/W UK.

If anyone's interested I'll take and post the appropriately signed photo's for proof etc. Escrow would absolutely encouraged via a trusted member and you pay fees. Only interested in shipping within the UK to keep the headache to a minimum. I'm just testing the water to see if anyone is interested and if this is feasible so just let me know if you want any additional info.

Bonus: Marto's boards don't have a reputation for exploding into flames, he's done a much better job than black arrow themselves! Smiley
btmtb (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:13:41 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 10:56:18 AM by btmtb

Am I right in thinking these boards need 4 coolers per board?

Yes, as mentioned in the post it requires 4x coolers per board. Marto's production run boards have come with brackets so if you're handy you could adapt your own coolers to fit (or for an easy life buy the Arctic Freezers that he recommends), there's a good resale market for these coolers and a massively strong resale market for PSU's afterwards too so these aren't exactly sunken costs.

You can see how Cotex7 got his hsf's fixed here, but be warned it's very technical Tongue https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=682105.msg8984291#msg8984291
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 03:45:16 PM

Greetings,

I might be interested (UK dweller), but 8 x Pro 7 coolers is over £130 - plus the PSU of course. Are you negotiable on price at all? I'd also prefer to pay in BTC if that's possible.....

Peace  Smiley

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
btmtb (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:04:55 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 08:30:38 PM by btmtb

Greetings,

I might be interested (UK dweller), but 8 x Pro 7 coolers is over £130 - plus the PSU of course. Are you negotiable on price at all? I'd also prefer to pay in BTC if that's possible.....

Peace  Smiley

The pro 7 coolers are just the ones marto recommends because he based his hole placements off some adapter than came with them without realising, I've mentioned that others can be used if you are able to work out some fixing method. I'm happy to include the 8 stock intel 1150 hsf fan units I got to go with it when they were originally advertised as 1150 compatible (i was going to use them undervolted for max efficiency so the TDP of the intel hsf is a lower than recommended for full power running, and I'll leave how to connect them up to you, if even possible). As I said, the hsf and psu costs aren't sunken costs as there's a very strong resale market for them.

£300 is my fair price. I didn't want to do the tango of listing for 400, arguing on the internet, and eventually agreeing on 300 so I started where I want to be without shafting anyone.

I'll do a straight swap for a rift DK2. Or I'll happily throw in a knackered S1 for spares/repairs for giggles if you want some added value. If you're happy with a 2-3 day service I'll include delivery in that cost too Smiley Just let me know if you've got any interest or not at this price Smiley

cheers for taking the time to get in touch
J4bberwock

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:29:54 AM

I might be interested in 1 shipped to France, plus your failed S1, and 4 heatsinks.
Delivery via ups access point will be fine and almost cheap using parcel2go.
Is 150£ + shipping ok for you.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
btmtb (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:06:02 AM

I might be interested in 1 shipped to France, plus your failed S1, and 4 heatsinks.
Hi, thanks for the offer but I'm looking to sell the kit as a single lot, for simplicity. I'm just waiting on some shipping costings back for a chap in sweden, I want to use signed for shipping for escrow proof purposes which bumps up the cost internationally. I could possibly include the shipping within the cost of all units depending on the price I get back later today if that's any help.
J4bberwock

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:26:26 AM

Hi, thanks for the offer but I'm looking to sell the kit as a single lot, for simplicity. I'm just waiting on some shipping costings back for a chap in sweden, I want to use signed for shipping for escrow proof purposes which bumps up the cost internationally. I could possibly include the shipping within the cost of all units depending on the price I get back later today if that's any help.

Ok, let me know, I don't need the tp-link, and I'm still interested in the dead s1 alone for cheap.
And UPS accesspoint is signed delivery.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
btmtb (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:39:59 PM

Ok, let me know, I don't need the tp-link, and I'm still interested in the dead s1 alone for cheap.

Got my quotes back for shipping to France & Sweden. For you I'm happy to use the UPS access point. The difference between including the S1 on shipping is apx £14. I'd do the two Hex4M new unused. I'll throw in free the 8 intel heatsink-fan units that I got in advance of the boards manufacture (up to you to work out how/if at all possible to fit, and bear in mind my notes that I was going to run these undervolted so the TDP of these fans is lower than required for running at stock speeds), delivered to europe via UPS Access Point for £300. If you want the S1 for spare (as-is non-functioning condition) I'd ask an extra £10 contribution to the extra carriage. I'm not really interested in splitting the S1 out on it's own as it's just a free sweetener for someone who might get some value out of it. No TP Link (but I'm offering EU carriage instead). How does that sound?
J4bberwock

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:08:06 PM

Got my quotes back for shipping to France & Sweden. For you I'm happy to use the UPS access point. The difference between including the S1 on shipping is apx £14. I'd do the two Hex4M new unused. I'll throw in free the 8 intel heatsink-fan units that I got in advance of the boards manufacture (up to you to work out how/if at all possible to fit, and bear in mind my notes that I was going to run these undervolted so the TDP of these fans is lower than required for running at stock speeds), delivered to europe via UPS Access Point for £300. If you want the S1 for spare (as-is non-functioning condition) I'd ask an extra £10 contribution to the extra carriage. I'm not really interested in splitting the S1 out on it's own as it's just a free sweetener for someone who might get some value out of it. No TP Link (but I'm offering EU carriage instead). How does that sound?

1.3 BTC on BTC-E gives 309£ right now.
It's ok for the lot with the S1. I PM you for details

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:20:01 PM

Just an FYI, Marto measured the wrong hole locations for the coolers, but the 80mm hole spacing is correct for LGA1366/2011. You might need to provide your own screws, but you can probably attach most coolers that support those two sockets.
btmtb (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:39:54 PM

Just an FYI, Marto measured the wrong hole locations for the coolers, but the 80mm hole spacing is correct for LGA1366/2011. You might need to provide your own screws, but you can probably attach most coolers that support those two sockets.

That's correct, that's why I haven't even really taken the intel ones I bought out of the boxes, as I got those early, when 115x-compatible was specced out of the box tbh, which is why I offered to include the intel ones I got in advance just as a freebie (with everything I mentioned above), you can see Marto's measurements here for anyone interested: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=682105.msg8965802#msg8965802
btmtb (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:41:21 PM

1.3 BTC on BTC-E gives 309£ right now.
It's ok for the lot with the S1. I PM you for details

That works for me, let's sort escrow. I'll reply to PM. I'll take some photo's and post them here too - for complete transparency.

If you're interested in undervolting later, 2Good added some handy reference charts here
btmtb (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:49:07 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 08:07:59 PM by btmtb

Photo's attached - Sorry about the over enthusiastic watermarking, I just don't want anyone else taking the images and using them to scam anyone later so I've tried to make them as difficult as possible to remove. The url is a shortcut back to this thread.

I've added some explanatory notes on the S1 too, but you can probably find out from my post history. Basically the controller responds fine but doesn't seem to 'see' the blades, I wondered if the blades were faulty so I tried get a solder reflow done on one side but the guy knocked it coming out of the oven and dislodged a chip area  at the bottom so I never bothered plugging it back in, the other blade is untouched, just didn't respond to the controller card. It might be a good candidate for an upgrade kit but I make no guarantees. I'll even include the chip that was dislodged, just for giggles. The S1 was undervolted and performed amazingly at a great efficiency, the temp was good too with the heatsink kit, for several months, was very reliable and stable at 140ghs.. right up to the point where I powered it off and on and the blades didn't respond when I fired it up again. The controller looks okay and web gui is fine I can either give you the ip info I used on it or you can factory reset it - just let me know if you want any more info.

The pictures link to full resolution versions and I've made a note on the img too (plus I can ask Marto/technobit to confirm if needed) that yes there are signs of thermal paste on the chips but this is from marto's pre-shipping test, not from any use I've done - I've 100% not used them, they're being reshipped as delivered new.
PatMan

Activity: 924

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 08:05:22 PM

If the deal above falls through, PM me....... Wink

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
btmtb (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:54:24 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 01:17:17 PM by btmtb

If the deal above falls through, PM me....... Wink
Will keep you in mind, thanks for the interest earlier Smiley We're just arranging escrow via OgNasty though so hopefully everything should go smoothly, thanks J4bberwock and Og.

*** UPDATE - SALE COMPLETED SMOOTHLY *** Thanks everyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: