Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:18:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New logo and visual identity for Bitcoin  (Read 5072 times)
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 04:23:44 PM

BTC logo has been around for a LONG TIME and is firmly established.  There's been quite a few topics like this but most of them were from LONG AGO.  I'm also a designer.  I'd suggest you put some work in with an alt coin which hasn't been around as long and needs help with branding.  Smiley
drugs

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 04:26:17 PM

BTC logo has been around for a LONG TIME and is firmly established. 

Yeah, it seems like the world has gotten used to the current logo already. I think alt ones could be used, but I've seen better designs than ops one.
bitcoinhaber

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 04:41:08 PM

I think double horned bitcoin logo is already known to general public now. Changing it will only cause confusion.
HELP.org

Activity: 510
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 05:18:30 PM

BTC logo has been around for a LONG TIME and is firmly established.  There's been quite a few topics like this but most of them were from LONG AGO.  I'm also a designer.  I'd suggest you put some work in with an alt coin which hasn't been around as long and needs help with branding.  Smiley

Bitcoin is new and nothing in Bitcoin has been done a "long time ago" unless you think 5 years is a long time.  Most people have never heard of Bitcoin and there has not been any significant branding to date.  New logo proposals are just fine.

Certified Bitcoin Professional
Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
btcbug

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:31:52 PM

So, without further ado, here are the graphical elements I am suggesting to be used to represent Bitcoin:

https://medium.com/btc-magazine/new-visual-identity-for-bitcoin-85fcdca7ac41

Thank you for your attention. I hope for good feedback.

These are really nice! I like the blue and the new font. I think I agree with franky1 on keeping the double strike though.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:44:43 PM

<drew line freehand, thus should be straight>

But in some shade of pink.

Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:11:53 PM

I think that the Bitcoin logo is great as it is. In fact, so much so that whenever I see a shade of orange similar to that used in the Bitcoin logo I instantly think of Bitcoin.

There will always be the talk of re-branding, but just like Bitcoin itself it is all about adoption. There are already lots of stickers and flyers out there with the current logo set printed. Not to mention the footprint left in peoples' memory.

Sophokles

Activity: 1218
Merit: 516

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 07:03:49 PM

Man, I almost barfed on my android tablet.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
bababooey

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 07:30:26 PM

I would advise against a change. It's already established and widely used among shops, exchanges,...
The non-Bitcoin world should not be confused with several logos floating around.
Besides, I think the orange color looks better, more eye catching and is a better representation of themes like "innovation" than this serious blue.

I agree, everyone recognizes the current Bitcoin symbol. To change it would only be confusing.
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 07:38:37 PM

I was about to say: Be nice! But I realized it was P.G.
Sophokles

Activity: 1218
Merit: 516

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 08:31:41 PM

Yeah, I was quite sure this 'design' was meant to be a joke.
btw, what does P.G. mean?
Nothing on there seems to fit the context: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=PG

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:45:18 PM

Yeah, I was quite sure this 'design' was meant to be a joke.
btw, what does P.G. mean?
Nothing on there seems to fit the context: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=PG

p.g is a known user on this forum called Phinnaeus Gage (gleb is one of phinnaeus's most recent alternate names.)

sometimes he makes sense and has valid, smart comments.. but sometimes he, well ill leave you to form an opinion on him

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
steeev

Activity: 128
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:47:54 PM

not being rude to you - i can't design anything...

BUT

blue - i hate the sheer amount of blue everywhere i go on the internet..

why does everything have to be fucking blue???
Goldmundo (OP)

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 08:45:24 AM

why does everything have to be fucking blue???

I understand your frustration. Smiley

But it is not by accident. There's science that stands behind it.

Each colour has its particular meaning and resonates with certain mental-emotional frequencies in your brain. You don't have to be a designer, photographer or clairvoyant  to be affected by these different colour qualities, everyone is. But for most people, this works on a deeply unconscious level and has nothing to do with their personal taste. These "colour laws" work in the same way for everyone regardless of their colour preferences.

Now, for an entity that aspires to be the new, widely adopted worldwide currency, there is really not too many colour options to choose from. As a quick experiment, can you imagine the US dollar bill in purple, yellow, pink, baby blue, red...? It doesn't work, does it?

Absolutely ideal colour to represent money, psychologically, energetically speaking, would be a kind of olive green (see example below). This colour resonates spot on with money. And not because the old dollar used to use it, actually the other way around - dollar used it because the people who were in charge of designing dollar bills knew about this stuff and applied many "tricks" to make dollar bills look as powerful and trustworthy as possible.

I thought about this for a long time and decided not to propose the green option for a few reasons. One is, this particular, olive green would be even less likely to win over the hearts of long term bitcoiners. It's sticky, looks a bit dirty, impure... And if we're going to change this it really needs to get support of the core community. The other reason is that other than being just money, Bitcoin is also a technological phenomenon which makes it strongly resonate with blue. Again, it is no accident that Intel, Dell, HP, IBM and a million other tech companies have tech-blue logos. And then there are also these elements of cleanliness, innovation, simplicity and freedom (blue resonates with these qualities) that resonate with Bitcoin but definitely not with money per se.

Orange is not an outright terrible choice (as red or purple would be) and it even has certain qualities that are beneficial (encourages growth and multiplication), yet it still doesn't stand a chance when confronted by blue or green as described above.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54619107/Goldmund/bitcoin/btc-colours-green-orange-blue.png
R2D221

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:25:56 PM

As a quick experiment, can you imagine the US dollar bill in purple, yellow, pink, baby blue, red...? It doesn't work, does it?

If you think a pink or yellow or blue bill is a bad idea, then you don't know the Euro, the Canadian dollar, the Australian dollar, the Mexican peso, and many other currencies I can't think about, all of which use “rainbow money”, with different colors for different denominations.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
Wonka

Activity: 64

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:34:15 PM

I like the current logo but it does seem a little dated or doesn't match the technology, so I think it could be modernised or made to look a little bit more sleak, but I'm not a fan of OPs designs (no offence). Keep trying though.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:54:02 PM

goldmundo is correct about there being sub conscious psychology of color

red=bad
green=good
think about it
red=blood, traffic light stop signs
green= nature, traffic light go signs

psychology shows that green is nature, peaceful and freedom, just like in nature red berries in caveman times indicated poisonous where as green apples, pears indicated healthy food.

blue, like the sky/water subconsciously indicate 'fresh' 'clean'

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
thefuture

Activity: 73

★☆★777Coin.com★☆★ What are you waiting for?

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:05:04 PM

An overall community change of the bitcoin logo will never happen. I support your efforts in designing a "new" logo. Yet this will only be adopted by few and will be recognized by bitcoin users if they run across this logo at a shop or online store, but not used as the main theme for bitcoin's logo.

HELP.org

Activity: 510

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 02:14:16 PM

An overall community change of the bitcoin logo will never happen. I support your efforts in designing a "new" logo. Yet this will only be adopted by few and will be recognized by bitcoin users if they run across this logo at a shop or online store, but not used as the main theme for bitcoin's logo.

Which one is the "main" logo, the orange one or the gold one used for this forum?

Certified Bitcoin Professional
Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 02:19:53 PM

Some people may not like the single strike through. Some prefer the original. Whatever it is there's always personal preference.

But just to clarify on the baht issue. The symbol I'm seeing is ฿ for baht while what Op submitted is also a single line but it didn't cut through the whole 'b' alphabet. So don't think it's an issue here

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: