Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 02:10:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop acting like you have to choose between Neos and Monero!!! This is why  (Read 1773 times)
Sword555 (OP)

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:20:04 PM

Umm,
You can have BOTH
CN coins have potential, and Neos has more of an old school approach to anon, with a twist. The fact is, I don't think either will be ever put it's users and the transactions they make becoming public.
Don't put all your eggs in one basket, and these are two really good baskets I happen to be using.
It's not a battle between the two

BUY BOTH!!
THAT WAS EASY!!!
BUY Monero!!
BUY Neos!!

The two top dogs!!!

Darkcoin is your dads anon. Many improvements have been made since then. And Darkcoin peaked a long long time ago!!
It's 2014!!!!  Invest accordingly Grin
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:34:09 PM

Neos is short term and will dump from this price and be forgotten in a few months. Monero is a extremely cheap right now and will be around for years to come.  Monero is really the only true anonymous coin right now that has a chance for huge adoption.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
MalMen

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:36:34 PM

someone with brain on its place at least.. totaly agree..... dont invest just in one coin... this altcoin market is crazy.... split your investments on your top 5 baskets in my opinion... i personaly dont Neos, i am one of the moneros bagholders, but i am thinking in buy some BBR soon too (another promising coin in my opinion)
Sword555 (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:39:45 PM

Umm,
You can have BOTH
CN coins have potential, and Neos has more of an old school approach to anon, with a twist. The fact is, I don't think either will be ever put it's users and the transactions they make becoming public.
Don't put all your eggs in one basket, and these are two really good baskets I happen to be using.
It's not a battle between the two

BUY BOTH!!
THAT WAS EASY!!!
BUY Monero!!
BUY Neos!!

The two top dogs!!!

Darkcoin is your dads anon. Many improvements have been made since then. And Darkcoin peaked a long long time ago!!
It's 2014!!!!  Invest accordingly Grin

Given that we are late in 2014 and BTC is still falling, and given your rationale about darkcoin, the only logical conclusion is to wait to see what occurs in January 2015 because by then Neos and Monero will be the 'old school' has-beens entering retirement to make room for the new spring line of dark cryptos.

[I'll be erasing this soon, just had to get that off my 'old-school' chest]

Darkcoin is OK, don't get me wrong, it just wont ever hit it's ATH again.

And NEOS and Monero will keep improving, NEOS even more, they have the hardest working dev in crypto, except Jl777, hes just not human.
But Monero has 7 devs, and Syntaks from NEOS says there will be V3,4,5,6,7 etc.
It will never end.

Both will continue to rise over time month after month, they are never gonna stop.
I still hold some Darkcoin tbh, but I keep the large majority of my anon holdings in Neos, and then Monero
Sword555 (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:41:56 PM

someone with brain on its place at least.. totaly agree..... dont invest just in one coin... this altcoin market is crazy.... split your investments on your top 5 baskets in my opinion... i personaly dont Neos, i am one of the moneros bagholders, but i am thinking in buy some BBR soon too (another promising coin in my opinion)

Yeah I hear you, but you got to look into Neos, it is not going anywhere, research the Developer, he is no joke. And BBR is a CN coin, so its kinda in the same basket
NarC

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

BitcoinStoreStarter.com

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 07:55:44 PM

Neos is short term and will dump from this price and be forgotten in a few months. Monero is a extremely cheap right now and will be around for years to come.  Monero is really the only true anonymous coin right now that has a chance for huge adoption.

Really? Even though 4 other coins use the same code?

Sword555 (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:02:42 PM

You are right there, but Monero has 7 dedicated devs and are the best of the 4. Unless Jl777 were to put in more time on BBR then maybe.

But the leaders right now are Monero and Neos for sure, when it comes to growth and security.

Neos is at a 150,000 marketcap, it will easily break 1M and that is lowballing it. It will make a lot of people a lot of money in the next days or week.

The whole point to neos is to give people another option to CN coins. So All the eggs...
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:04:11 PM

Neos is short term and will dump from this price and be forgotten in a few months. Monero is a extremely cheap right now and will be around for years to come.  Monero is really the only true anonymous coin right now that has a chance for huge adoption.

Man another newbie talking about Things that go way above hes head.
Doesnt matter you Will learn.

Im not saying what one of THE two is better , but neoscoin is a stayer.
THE dev is syntaks And he is not going anywere , i heared Some of hes ideas
For after v2 And i like them a lot. Like he says iTS only THE start there one month
OLd And you talk about pump , dump And leave coin.

Pls Shush And research
NarC

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

BitcoinStoreStarter.com

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 08:07:08 PM

Neos is short term and will dump from this price and be forgotten in a few months. Monero is a extremely cheap right now and will be around for years to come. Monero is really the only true anonymous coin right now that has a chance for huge adoption.

You are right there, but Monero has 7 dedicated devs and are the best of the 4. Unless Jl777 were to put in more time on BBR then maybe.

But the leaders right now are Monero and Neos for sure, when it comes to growth and security.

Neos is at a 150,000 marketcap, it will easily break 1M and that is lowballing it. It will make a lot of people a lot of money in the next days or week.

The whole point to neos is to give people another option to CN coins. So All the eggs...
no i agree with you, just for the fact that neos has one of the best devs i've seen, this coin will deff go 10x

25hashcoin

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:12:53 PM

Neos is short term and will dump from this price and be forgotten in a few months. Monero is a extremely cheap right now and will be around for years to come.  Monero is really the only true anonymous coin right now that has a chance for huge adoption.

For after v2 And i like them a lot. Like he says iTS only THE start there one month

Pls Shush And research

The only reason this thread was created was to compare Neos alongside Monero to give Neos more credit than it deserves right now.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:14:43 PM

This forum. Love it.

Last week it was Monero this, Monero that. Now everyone's jumping on Neos.

Some things never change.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:51:31 PM

This forum. Love it.

Last week it was Monero this, Monero that. Now everyone's jumping on Neos.

Some things never change.

nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

King of all the land

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:54:31 PM

Personally I'd still choose NEOS. Its market cap is still ridiculously low (in the low 100k range), so the opportunity for growth compared to Monero is enormous. And Monero has a lot of stigma around these forums...

Plus, NEOS' anon is an absolutely perfect implementation and impossible to break, unlike the ring signatures Monero uses.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:03:32 PM

Pls Shush And research

The only reason this thread was created was to compare Neos alongside Monero to give Neos more credit than it deserves right now.

Yes, seems someone is trying to create controversy where there is none at all.
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:06:32 PM

I bought both!

Smiley
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:32:56 PM

Plus, NEOS' anon is an absolutely perfect implementation and impossible to break, unlike the ring signatures Monero uses.

Is it true?
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:28:44 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 01:40:36 AM by Chris001

1. Neos does not need to ride off of Moneros coatails. It takes a totally different approach than Monero. If the ring signatures break down it can allow the identity of its users to become comprised, among other things. Of course this is only Worst case basis.

2. If Neos anon breaks, even in the most successful attack, all it does at worst, is that group of nodes gets attacked. The system would only need to use a different group of nodes to handle its unique anon system. However, because no logs are kept, there is no chance of the identity of the users making the transactions to become comprised. People can complain about how this can be looked at as centralized, it runs full circle, and anyone using it because they need to COUNT ON staying anonymous, they can be rest assured that is the case, even in a breakdown of the system. Period, either way, worst case, you are anonymous.

This is what some users NEED to know, that even in the worse case scenario, they are safe.

This is NOT the case with Monero, as stated by the most respected members of the community such as AM, and high profile developers such as jl777.

This is why Neos will win the anon race. It breaks, you are still invisible.

3. Neos also has full support from within the wallet, communication from within the wallet, between users that are protected as well.

4. You can trade on Bittrex, Mintpal, Poloneix, Blutrade, etc. from within the wallet

5. Anywhere you can spend Bitcoin, you can spend Neos, anywhere.

As you can see, Neos is clearly superior to Monero on many levels, but as others have stated, I dont keep all my investments in one place, and Monero is still a GREAT coin, and I hold some as well.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:32:06 AM

Or you can buy neither
ButtcoinEXpress

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:32:47 AM

If Neos anon breaks, even in the most successful attack, all it does at worst, is that group of nodes gets attacked. it doesn't matter.  Because nodes are forwarding all information to the highest bidder anyways

There.  Fixed.
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:35:35 AM

Yes, you do not have to choose either. Both are not going to be in for the long term.
Just ride out the ups and downs and make money Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: