Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:08:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly labs  (Read 1306 times)
fabiola! (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:19:16 PM

Anybody knows whats going on with Butterfly Labs? I'm pretty sure I won't be getting anything delivered. Anyone knows if we are entitled to refunds? Anything?
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:23:15 PM

I saw today news here http://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoin about butterfly labs, 2 days ago also so keep looking here
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:24:55 PM

I saw today news here http://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoin about butterfly labs, 2 days ago also so keep looking here

Thanks Velkro, I read that link all the time, I was mainly wondering if some of you are in the same situation? x
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:28:48 PM

i think the doors are locked and their bank accounts are frozen, so no deliveries, no refunds until a court verdict is given. then id probably expect that you would need to verify your order with a trustee.

the chances of them being allowed to continue as they were and left to simply fix the issues themselves is long passed. they were warned months ago to start shipping on time or refund customers a few months ago (meaning they should have sent goods out or refunded customers within the first month of the warning.

so dont expect anything arriving at your door or bank account this week

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:37:41 PM

i think the doors are locked and their bank accounts are frozen, so no deliveries, no refunds until a court verdict is given. then id probably expect that you would need to verify your order with a trustee.

the chances of them being allowed to continue as they were and left to simply fix the issues themselves is long passed. they were warned months ago to start shipping on time or refund customers a few months ago (meaning they should have sent goods out or refunded customers within the first month of the warning.

Thanks! I know not to expect anything this week but I was wondering roughly when..? Would they get in touch with me or do I have to chase someone? a trustee? how does that even work? 
Thanks again for the info, I'll keep checking on here!
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:38:11 PM

Thanks Velkro, I read that link all the time, I was mainly wondering if some of you are in the same situation? x
I don't do mining, only for fun long time ago but im sure there is a lot people in situation like yours
sanos51ck

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:43:59 PM

If you payed with a credit card try a chargeback.
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:21:32 AM

If you payed with a credit card try a chargeback.

thanks but bah, bought it from someone on ebay (months and months ago)
Traffic4u

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:15:23 AM

I have read that their assets have been frozen, but there are also sparidic reports that refunds are still being processed to some extent.

The end result will almost certainly be that their assets (including mined bitcoin) will be sold off in order to refund customers in terms of fiat (based on what they paid in terms of fiat at the time of purchase).
HELP.org

Activity: 510
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 04:20:25 AM

You should use the contact information on the web site:  eljreceiver@spencerfane.com

I would do that right away.

The FTC has been notified of all the money spent here for all those ads so maybe some of those funds can be recovered to help pay the refunds of the users who clicked from here and lost out.

Certified Bitcoin Professional
Bicoin.me - Bitcoin.me!
blumangroup

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:06:09 AM

I am not 100% sure about the "doors being locked" but I can say that media reports have said that all of BFL's assets have been frozen by the FTC because of consumer fraud accusations. There was a court hearing today to see if the FTC is able to have the "freeze" extended for some amount of time.

BFL is saying that the FTC is only pursuing the case because they are a bitcoin related company however the FTC had denied this and the facts seem to back up the fact that the FTC is pursuing the case based on it's merits

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: