Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:47:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why don't miners...  (Read 1156 times)
Daengineer (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 12:36:36 AM

If you are seeking profit from mining why don't you pay for you electric bill at the start of the year all you do is pay an avg consumption rate for your area for the whole year. Then you don't pay for your additional running cost of your mining hardware. They also offer discounts if you do pay the lump sum. They offered me a 33% discount on top of it.
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 03:46:45 AM

If you are seeking profit from mining why don't you pay for you electric bill at the start of the year all you do is pay an avg consumption rate for your area for the whole year. Then you don't pay for your additional running cost of your mining hardware. They also offer discounts if you do pay the lump sum. They offered me a 33% discount on top of it.

Likely because a lot of companies don't offer it and/or people cant afford 1 lump sum payment.  Where I live, we can go on equal payments but we are responsible for whatever amount we are over.  It's pretty closely watched by the hydro company as well.  If you start go big in either direction, they'll change your equal payment amount.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 04:00:24 AM

I think real choice for miner is now invest more in cloud mining. Hardware mining is profitable only if you got great hash power or free electricity. Lately mining services like GAW's Hashlet are really making mining easier for most of us. I would rather invest in that than worry about electricity bills and management of hardware.
Daengineer (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 07:00:23 AM

I think real choice for miner is now invest more in cloud mining. Hardware mining is profitable only if you got great hash power or free electricity. Lately mining services like GAW's Hashlet are really making mining easier for most of us. I would rather invest in that than worry about electricity bills and management of hardware.

Into whom his own Cheesy I haven't looked very heavily into cloud mining. My wife says I have an issue with control. I believe that to be true.
SMB-2525

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:36:21 AM

Well you can only do it for one year. Your cost for the next year will include any loss the company took this year.
SMB-2525

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:37:57 AM

I have not run the numbers because I see no circumstance in which cloud mining is profitable. If someone has real numbers for costs verses hashing power, I'll plug them into my spreadsheet and report back.
Daengineer (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:27:59 PM

Well you can only do it for one year. Your cost for the next year will include any loss the company took this year.

Strange, maybe this offer is only available in Alaska. I've been paying the same price for three years now. 
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 05:51:39 PM

That would be a great idea but I know that my company wouldn't allow that because of how people would abuse it.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:02:41 PM

This would be great if offered by everyone.  With getting house rate and not business rates I personally don't have any options like this.

If I did the biggest problem would be the variance I cannot predict whole year as I don't know watts i will be using for mining each month.  I have added more then i thought so I would have came up short.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: