Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:07:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm happy Bitcoin is tanking because I love it  (Read 4598 times)
williamevanl (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 04:38:20 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 04:50:32 AM by williamevanl

There are so many of these 'buy Bitcoin now, it's so cheap' threads but they simply aren't true. I can't believe though there aren't more posts about how awesome this slow crash to oblivion is. We might actually get a second chance at this thing back at prices that were seen before. We might see 20$ Bitcoin in the future.

We all know it's going to be big some day and we should all realize it's been hyped well beyond what it probably should be at. I'll be buying Bitcoin probably around 20$. I hope the majority of bs investors do completely lose faith in Bitcoin just so I can buy in where we were a couple years ago.

I sold at ~600 realizing that there's no place for BC to go but down for quite some time. I think it's going to surprise people just how low it goes, remember though, it's still just as amazing as it ever was, it just got too big too fast. Everyone at some point is going to be afraid of it but not us. $30 dollars is too much for a Bitcoin right now.

It hasn't really started tanking yet, but there will be a tipping point where it will flash crash well below 100$. (My guess is probably right around the time that people realize this is a very likely possibility!)
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:02:02 AM

There are so many of these 'buy Bitcoin now, it's so cheap' threads but they simply aren't true. I can't believe though there aren't more posts about how awesome this slow crash to oblivion is. We might actually get a second chance at this thing back at prices that were seen before. We might see 20$ Bitcoin in the future.

We all know it's going to be big some day and we should all realize it's been hyped well beyond what it probably should be at. I'll be buying Bitcoin probably around 20$. I hope the majority of bs investors do completely lose faith in Bitcoin just so I can buy in where we were a couple years ago.

I sold at ~600 realizing that there's no place for BC to go but down for quite some time. I think it's going to surprise people just how low it goes, remember though, it's still just as amazing as it ever was, it just got too big too fast. Everyone at some point is going to be afraid of it but not us. $30 dollars is too much for a Bitcoin right now.

It hasn't really started tanking yet, but there will be a tipping point where it will flash crash well below 100$. (My guess is probably right around the time that people realize this is a very likely possibility!)

The best part is that while you're buying at $20, it'll be me selling my bag to you before it drops to $0.xx.

You missed the sub $100 boat buds, and hoping that Bitcoin implodes to $20 so you can buy in speaks volumes (mainly greed, jealousy, and retardation).

Good luck with that.
williamevanl (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:04:51 AM

The best part is that while you're buying at $20, it'll be me selling my bag to you before it drops to $0.xx.

You missed the sub $100 boat buds, and hoping that Bitcoin implodes to $20 so you can buy in speaks volumes (mainly greed, jealousy, and retardation).

Good luck with that.

I suppose we will see. I suppose I follow you on greedy, maybe even jealous (not that much though, not taking it too seriously) and as far as retardation well, time will reveal if that's true or not.

Someone could just as easily make the point that you are greedy and jealous for wanting to make the same profit on it as the early adopters by holding it where it currently is.
Dilla

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:05:10 AM

People who think this forget the cost of mining. That cost is bottom. If people shut down mining, the supply will go down, and price will go up, and they will start mining again. Think of the impact of stopping that 3600 btc supply everyday, and what that would do to the price, with a current 24hr volume of $31mil. All this posts of people losing faith is just a scam. Bitcoin is evolving and becoming widely accepted. All these bear accounts are probably just the same group of people, spreading fud, driving the price down, and becoming the 1% buying up the supply in the process. So many people are already using and accepting Bitcoin in its short life so far as a currency. It's been exponential, and always will be exponential.
williamevanl (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:08:16 AM

People who think this forget the cost of mining. That cost is bottom. If people shut down mining, the supply will go down, and price will go up, and they will start mining again. Think of the impact of stopping that 3600 btc supply everyday, and what that would do to the price, with a current 24hr volume of $31mil. All this posts of people losing faith is just a scam. Bitcoin is evolving and becoming widely accepted. All these bear accounts are probably just the same group of people, spreading fud, driving the price down, and becoming the 1% buying up the supply in the process. So many people are already using and accepting Bitcoin in its short life so far as a currency. It's been exponential, and always will be exponential.

I"m not forgetting about mining at all, I realize right now it's very expensive but what I feel like you and others are missing is that we made it that way. It's not inherently expensive, it's just an arms race that is dictated by the cost of bitcoin not the other way around. If Bitcoin drops tremendously people won't be able to take such huge losses mining it and the difficulty will decrease which will cheapen the cost of mining.

It's only because of this insane hype cycle that's falling apart that it's so expensive to mine in the first place. I'm not scamming, it's just too much too soon.
jasonjm

Activity: 1274
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 05:27:16 AM

you do not understand bitcoin

every 2 weeks the difficulty will drop until mining becomes easy if almost everyone turned off their mining rigs

no one using or speculating in bitcoin really cares what the mining cost is, that is for the miners to worry about.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:28:34 AM

$30 dollars is too much for a Bitcoin right now.

No, you simply have no idea. If it dips below $300 for even one second, the buyback will be like you never seen yet. So the market does not agree with you; it's either everybody who has alot of money is stupid and you are smart, or the other way around. Unfortunately for you.

i am satoshi
Chuckee

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:31:42 AM

OP, based on your sound logic, you should be buying all the beanie babies right now. This is a second shot at striking it rich, since we all know beanie babies will skyrocket in value again someday!
Darkmatter12

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:33:42 AM

No, you simply have no idea. If it dips below $300 for even one second, the buyback will be like you never seen yet. So the market does not agree with you; it's either everybody who has alot of money is stupid and you are smart, or the other way around. Unfortunately for you.
+1
Op is retarded
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:36:38 AM

And what exactly is it to make you think that it'll come back up from $20?
RejiDevsa

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:37:48 AM

Why $300? Sure, there is probably a lot of money ready to buy back in, but wouldn't most have already started buying since the price is so low anyway? Or is that price just a psychological barrier of some sort everyone is waiting for?
TeeBone

Activity: 502
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:16:22 AM

You dont want BTC at $20, it would be game over at that point. Upper 100's is realistic, but still an outside shot.
JLynn171

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:20:06 AM

if BTC ever drops to this $20 like you say it would be the end of BTC, would not be worth the price in electricity to mine it and the networkwould shut down.......
yokosan

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:33:13 AM

Bitcoin will not go below $300.
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:37:49 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 07:44:00 AM by Wandererfromthenorth

You don't know that.
Perma-bulls would have said (they probably did) what you just said about the $400s when we were at $1200-$800

And look at it now, high $400s are now resistance.
Dalmar

Activity: 1092

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 07:13:46 AM

Highly unlikely that it will drop below $200.

The trend line that started from the $2 low in 2011 is currently hovering at about the high 100s and soon will be over 200.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:02:41 AM

I sold at ~600 realizing that there's no place for BC to go but down for quite some time.

Bullshit! Blackcoin has never been 600.

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 12:25:41 PM

if BTC ever drops to this $20 like you say it would be the end of BTC, would not be worth the price in electricity to mine it and the networkwould shut down.......

lol it won't reach such a value evr, nearly impossible without being death, that value mean dead

at around 100(if will ever go to that value) a super panic buy will start, you can't even imagines
Undefeatable

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:28:17 PM

Cheap Bitcoin eh? Everyone will hate it if it still continue to drop..

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 02:03:21 PM

Cheap Bitcoin eh? Everyone will hate it if it still continue to drop..

Yep, OP has stupid logic for wanting to see $20 coins again.  There's something that you are forgetting here, it's called 'market confidence'.

For example: If Facebook's stock fell from $79/share (today) to say $3/share in 10 months, investor confidence in Facebook as a company would be completely shattered.  NO ONE would be buying Facebook shares at $3.  NO ONE.  Except maybe you OP.  And there you'd be sitting, with your huge pile of $3 shares that you'd never be able to sell back to anyone, or even for a profit of any kind.  No one would care about Facebook any more as an investment, and they would move on to something else.

If the bitcoin price went to $30 or even $20, it would probably take a full 5+ years to recover to where we are today.  Or maybe never.  Is that what you are hoping for OP?

But... but... you cry, the bitcoin market went from $30 --> $2 in 2011, and it eventually recovered!  Yes, but market confidence was so shattered that it took nearly 2 years to recover from that.  So 2 years from now, will the OP still even have the bitcoin that he bought today?  Somehow I highly doubt it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: