Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:59:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GHOST] GhostCoin | Roadmap | Thread Redesign | Bittrex | Bter | 400GH+  (Read 117076 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:21:05 PM

Developer Announcement -- BlockChain Issues/Shitstorm

All our sincere apologies for the delayed response we are currently in contact with a million people at once trying to sort the shitstorm out and have not had a chance yet to reply on bitcointalk. We are cyptography and cryptocurrency enthusiasts and were contacted by a developer to help create a coin, whom has duped everyone, we are very angered by this and will be doing a hardfork and changing everything over to our control, here is what's happened/going to happen.

• We have changed all the credentials to github, etc.
  • We have been scambling to contact everyone including exchanges and reported the address of the person who did the exploit (he used 1 single address for everything).
  • There will be a hardfork announced where everything ALL ALERT KEYS, SYNC KEYS, etc. will be back under our control.
  • The roadmap will be posted as planned

Again our sincere apologies, the coin has a slightly larger supply now yes, but we have reported the address of the attacker to exchanges and the funds have been frozen, these coins are going to be removed from circulation and have not been dumped. We have not seen any evidence of any mass dumping, props to the exchanges for detecting and stopping the attack.

There will be many more updates to follow as the situation progresses please keep an eye on the OP and thread for more announcements.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
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=eB0O
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

I knew it from the beginning, the DEV is NOT a scammer.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:22:09 PM

Wow, maybe dev / Bittrex will be able to prove me wrong here, and anyone who scooped up cheap coins on Bter will be very happy?
Hard to say.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:22:41 PM

The show must go on.
Moolah.lol

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:26:36 PM

Wow, maybe dev / Bittrex will be able to prove me wrong here, and anyone who scooped up cheap coins on Bter will be very happy?
Hard to say.

I highly doubt it. Even if this is rollbacked and hardforked, the trust is simply lost.

Even Bittrex had doubts about the team not being malicious.

"..but given the nature of the vulnerability and the fact we are not convinced the developer is not malicious,..."

from https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203099464
kozmos

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:32:44 PM

All our sincere apologies for the delayed response we are currently in contact with a million people at once trying to sort the shitstorm out and have not had a chance yet to reply on bitcointalk. We are cyptography and cryptocurrency enthusiasts and were contacted by a developer to help create a coin, whom has duped everyone, we are very angered by this and will be doing a hardfork and changing everything over to our control, here is what's happened/going to happen.

• We have been scambling to contact everyone including exchanges and reported the address of the person who did the exploit (he used 1 single address for everything).
  • There will be a hardfork announced where everything ALL ALERT KEYS, SYNC KEYS, etc. will be back under our control.

Again our sincere apologies, the coin has a slightly larger supply now yes, but we have reported the address of the attacker to exchanges and the funds have been frozen, these coins are going to be removed from circulation and have not been dumped. We have not seen any evidence of any mass dumping, props to the exchanges for detecting and stopping the attack.

There will be many more updates to follow as the situation progresses please keep an eye on the OP and thread for more announcements.

hDaynUmLGDT49oCQZvWA
=eB0O

I will write in red to make sure the dev can catch my words.

as you see and I guess you understand the reason why all investors here are worry upon what's happened, some will wonder about are you going to do something or scammer?

So now one of the most important thing to do beside the required and urgent fixes and top of all is proving your good intention which is can be done via registering PoD with cryptoasian which will be a big step of ending FUD/fear of bagholders and bringing new investors which I believe in this case will take the price into a new whole level.

This is IMHO can't be delayed if you really want to fix things and bring back the coin.

statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:34:48 PM

Good post Kozmos.
As far as I can tell, dev's latest post is most likely a ploy to get someone to put up bids on Bter he can dump the scamgen coins to.

█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████             █████ █
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
BitBD

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Crypto Maniac

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 09:37:40 PM

If anyone invested this coin please co-op to dev for returning ur inv. If we ruin this we may potentially lost everything. I think something is better than nothing.
I/we just want to return my/our  investment if dev & community take some action to revive/survive this coin.

Follow me: https://twitter.com/BitBD
Show me some love with bitcoin: 189YmAMvi3SZCXCVqAFtVmGKWzanYtfsoH
|Trade LTC, BTC with 20x Leverage at  OKCoin | visit: https://dikbazar.com  for best  deal.
marc.xxx

Activity: 67

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:39:45 PM

WHY BITTREX DID DISABLE WITHDRAWALS?
BitBD

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Crypto Maniac

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 09:40:22 PM

hDaynUmLGDT49oCQZvWA
=eB0O

I will write in red to make sure the dev can catch my words.

as you see and I guess you understand the reason why all investors here are worry upon what's happened, some will wonder about are you going to do something or scammer?

So now one of the most important thing to do beside the required and urgent fixes and top of all is proving your good intention which is can be done via registering PoD with cryptoasian which will be a big step of ending FUD/fear of bagholders and bringing new investors which I believe in this case will take the price into a new whole level.

This is IMHO can't be delayed if you really want to fix things and bring back the coin.

+1 good point.

Follow me: https://twitter.com/BitBD
Show me some love with bitcoin: 189YmAMvi3SZCXCVqAFtVmGKWzanYtfsoH
|Trade LTC, BTC with 20x Leverage at  OKCoin | visit: https://dikbazar.com  for best  deal.
PhilipMorris

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:46:44 PM

So? What now? My 100 ghostcoins at Bittrex are frozen  Cheesy
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:02:55 PM

How could you put this coin on Bter so fast?
China scam?
do you decided to show up because they discovered that you are the same dev of crackcoin or want another chance to dump your coins?
am i wrong?
marc.xxx

Activity: 67

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:07:12 PM

I JUST DO NOT GET IT THAT HOW COULD THIS COIN HIT BTER SO FAST?
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:10:20 PM

So you're telling me there's a chance?

Meh.  No options but to hold the coins anyway.

Will be interested to see if anything happens.
louiseth1
Legendary

Activity: 924

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 10:45:07 PM

This is a scam, nothing else.

Thanks to minerpools for pointing this out.

Main Ghostcoin Seednode: *** Resolved seed2.ghostcoin.org to 87.121.52.18
Let's see what google gives out: https://www.google.com.co/search?q=bitcointalk+87.121.52.18&oq=bitcointalk+87.121.52.18&aqs=chrome..69i57.1399j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Oh, Crackcoin right? Wink

Bitfarms.io - Powering Blockchains with Sustainable Energy
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:39:23 PM

Hard to say.

I would say there is no reason for the dev to show up if it was a scam from the beginning, what would be the point?

So, if dev can prove that the extra coins weren't dumped (Bittrex could corroborate that) and they can fix coin, I think it's the right direction to keep the coin alive.
Rage19420

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:09:37 AM

We will be closing the GHOST market and wallets immediately.
https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203099464

cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:20:17 AM

what happened to this?!
I have lost my coins?!
Rage19420

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:31:05 AM

what happened to this?!
I have lost my coins?!

Yes, they are gone. There was a bug in the code that allowed to mint any number of coins. Dev cant save it. No exchange will touch it.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:41:08 AM

At the very least we can take comfort the scammer lost ALOT of money trying to pull this off if it was indeed him super mining his own coin.
kozmos

Activity: 381

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:43:07 AM

The coin be recovered in one case, let's read bittrex's updated statement: https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203099464

We will be closing the GHOST market and wallets immediately.

At 10:41am PDT, our systems automatically shut down the GHOST market due to some of our enhanced security checks.  Twenty minutes later, we confirmed the problem and it turns out there was a "bug" in the code that allowed you to mint any number of coins.  We started working with the dev immediately to try to hardfork and save the coin, but given the nature of the vulnerability and the fact we are not convinced the developer is not malicious, we have decided the best course of action is to close down the market/wallet.

While our security systems stopped the dump of generated coins onto the marketplace there is nothing we can do to save the value of the coin.  We will not be re-opening the wallet for withdrawal since you can mint any number of coins you want.  

[update]

For people that keep asking for withdrawals, please understand why we are not allowing it.  There are two possible outcomes:  

1) The coin is dead, the blockchain allows generation of any coins it wants, thus any withdrawals is pointless.

2) The dev saves the coins somehow, at which point, anything you withdraw will be negated anyhow, so again pointless.

If the dev does somehow save the coin, he will be rolling back to a point BEFORE the bad blocks were generated.  We currently have good standing balances without the bad coins dumped.  If we allow withdrawals now, we would get into a state that would be completely unrecoverable.

Beside this, and first of all:

- PoD with CryptoAsian

- Road Map

Without any of this then this coin is dead. PoD and Road map should come first at this point BEFORE adding the coin to the exchange again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: