Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:28:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why *some guys claim Monero is the BEST coin ?  (Read 2448 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:40:11 AM

It doesn't seem to matter how i ask or how many times i get attacked in response in other topics.

There is a couple guys here that are making incredible claims about Monero on a regular basis..
Saying it's Better than Bitcoin and Monero will have a larger Market cap very Soon.. in the Billions of dollars.
A few guys have claimed it's the no. 2 coin behind Bitcoin right now etc

I'm stunned ! WTF ?

What is going here guys ?
Can these grandiose claims be backed up ?

I am asking because i want to know !

Seems to me a lot of guys like Name dropping Monero around here and talking about it constantly feeding off the attention their getting.
But how about explaining why it's the best coin ever created.. even better than Bitcoin ?
If it is ? then here you go yet another opportunity to prove it and if you do then congrats..
i just gave you an opportunity to attract new users right ?

I think this is a reasonable question and i have a hunch what people will say but i want them to say it.

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vladimircook

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:01:54 AM

I can't understand it, too.

All over bitcointalk.org Monero-threads are growing like mushrooms out of the ground. But the matter of almost every thread is the same.

I'm sick of it and I refuse to read these silly threads!
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:07:40 AM

The more Monero threads there are the more the capitalization goes down.  Shocked

Monero is one of those anonymity coins.. right..?  It's an extremely over-saturated and competitive field.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Vladimircook

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:14:38 AM

The more Monero threads there are the more the capitalization goes down.  Shocked

Monero is one of those anonymity coins.. right..?  It's an extremely over-saturated and competitive field.

+1. The correct point of view!
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:28:33 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2016, 11:43:09 AM by instacalm

In a realist perspective it's just another (cloned) coin whose supporters believe it is "the future of cryptocurrency"
Bassica

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:41:52 AM

bs

i am not out to destroy Monero i just think it's over rated and offers little in comparison to the wave of crap we hear about it.
and i don't care about it financially in any way either..

If anything i would like to see the losers spamming about the coin with a gay name shut up some because they sound like idiots with a blatant P&D scheme.

I had my ISP cut me off by accident for almost two weeks hooking up my neighbor and i got hooked back up yesterday and popped by
and i was shocked at how many Monero topics were on page one and how it was pretty much like that when i was here two weeks ago.
So when you guys try soooo damn hard to jam it down peoples throats and attack anyone that asks questions about it your going to get a backlash.
..you earned it !

more bs

Lol, spoetnik, bitching earlier about the amount of threads by monero, and now starting some more... You guys are all ridiculous. It's getting more sad by the day.

I'm really getting the feeling that there's like 50 active members on this section, all controlling around a 100 trollaccounts.
Ultros

Activity: 471

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:48:08 AM

1: RandomTrollA create a thread to bitch about Monero ("Monero" must be in the title).
2: RandomTroll B C D E F and G rush the thread to complain about the massive amount of Monero threads like OP's one (might even say he's another shill, nobody reads the OP anyway, just the title).
3: Repeat 20 times a day to make sure people won't read the threads much, but just see "Monero" everywhere and be bored to death.
4: RandomLurker starts to believe this forum is full of Monero shills making Monero threads like this one.
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:51:27 AM

Seems to me a lot of guys like Name dropping Monero around here and talking about it constantly feeding off the attention their getting.

Why would you even start a thread like this and use this sentence?

I tell you what it is in a nutshell:-

Monero (XMR) is obviously a threat to someone and so is being trolled and attacked relatively unsuccessfully.

Maybe it's an anti-anonymous movement. I don't really know and I don't care.

CryptoNote technology is a game-changer in my view and anonymity is important for the libertarian argument. Monero happens to be the better of the CN coins (in my view) and therefore I, like many others, am a supporter of it.

I don't regard that as being an inflammatory viewpoint, fairly standard. I don't regard myself as being unreasonable or illogical.

I put it to you that bizarre posts such as yours OP, is inflammatory, and occupies that grey area of trollspace that just becomes irritating.

instacalm

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:43:21 AM

Just another (cloned) coin whose supporters somehow believe it is "the future of cryptocurrency" (as usual).

I own zero Monero and I'm not interested in changing that at this point or anytime soon

Its actually a fork of Bytecoin.

Yes, which precisely makes Monero a cloned coin indeed. Just like iXcoin is a fork of Bitcoin.

I have nothing against it in particular, but its claims of being revolutionary rightfully belong to the creators of CryptoNote instead.
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:45:19 AM

Its easy its going down so they trying to make it go up. Cheesy

Lots of people cant even get out, il rather invest in neos cause of the market cap atm.

And the fact it aint a fork.
instacalm

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:53:42 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 02:16:31 PM by instacash

haha, no one is here to sell you Monero, you got the wrong idea

addendum:
I admit that my impression says otherwise. To me it seems quite a few Monero holders and supporters actually do intend to "sell" their coin vigorously

Monero still seems much easier to sell to both junior and senior people alike than Bitcoin.

The above quote is just a small example of my overall impression. Having said that I don't think this speaks against Monero directly or in general, BUT I believe that I'm not the only one who is rather reluctant to get on board due to this behaviour. Beyond that I specifically dislike the amount of self-moderated threads that are designed to enforce certain views. To each his own...
Cboy

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 12:52:05 PM

Why so many threads about Monero? You could ask the question in an existing thread.
beegatewood

Activity: 297

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:00:51 PM

Its because monero was one of the best CPU coin... but is it still the best CPU coin?

samaricanin

Activity: 697

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:08:25 PM

Just another (cloned) coin whose supporters somehow believe it is "the future of cryptocurrency" (as usual).

I own zero Monero and I'm not interested in changing that at this point or anytime soon

Yes, which precisely makes Monero a cloned coin indeed. Just like iXcoin is a fork of Bitcoin.

I have nothing against it in particular, but its claims of being revolutionary rightfully belong to the creators of CryptoNote instead.

How many clones you see

http://mapofcoins.com

Vladimircook

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:12:06 PM

How many clones you see

http://mapofcoins.com

Have you found NXT on this graphic?
robinwilliams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:34:11 PM

It doesn't seem to matter how i ask or how many times i get attacked in response in other topics.

There is a couple guys here that are making incredible claims about Monero on a regular basis..
Saying it's Better than Bitcoin and Monero will have a larger Market cap very Soon.. in the Billions of dollars.
A few guys have claimed it's the no. 2 coin behind Bitcoin right now etc

I'm stunned ! WTF ?

What is going here guys ?
Can these grandiose claims be backed up ?

I am asking because i want to know !

But how about explaining why it's the best coin ever created.. even better than Bitcoin ?
If it is ? then here you go yet another opportunity to prove it and if you do then congrats..
i just gave you an opportunity to attract new users right ?

I think this is a reasonable question and i have a hunch what people will say but i want them to say it.

its because all other coins in here are clones of bitcoin and cryptonote / monero is not.

cryptonote is a 100% new codebase that INCLUDES anonyminity where it's IMPOSSIBLE to crack.  people picked monero as the winner because it was the first one that was not a 100% scam.  boolberry came a month later.  people basically are saying "cryptonote is the best ever"  "monero is the best cryptonote"

hey - u asked.  I don't like the whale guy either and think he's full of s*** but cryptonote both bbr and monero are ok in my book.
xenia4774

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 02:18:48 PM

Spoetnik,

I agree that Monero is being shilled alot, and it is not going to overtake Bitcoin, that is overstating it quite a bit.

But it is not a shitcoin, the devs are not trying to just rip people off like all the other shitcoins out there. They are looking to make a good anon coin. So I think there are some losers just creating post after post just shilling the hell out of it, and repetelia is out of his mind, literally lol, but he is trying to do good overall I think.

We need to support coins that are not just trying to just total scams, and Monero is not just some scam, but I share you disgust on all the piles of shit threads on Monero, its hurting it more than helping it at this point.

Neos is a good coin too. Why? Because the dev actually shares our view on many fronts, he hates shitcoins and made Neos to have a real coin out there that won't just be created to pump and then dump, ie just rip off and leave a bunch of bagholders, they just got done with V2 and have ideas already brewing for V3, and say they are going to have V4, and V5 and it will never stop.

He even closed the Neos thread and moved to twitter, IRC, and now their own forum. forum.neoscoin.com
They are just sick of the BCT cesspool it has become, so that says a lot about their true intentions.

I seen this exact statement made by someone else and I agree with them, it's true.

There has been talk that we need to find the honest devs out there and do all we can to support them. They need it. This has been being talked about a lot lately and we all need to get and come together and stand behind the good devs and kill off the bad one.

This has been you main focus of discussion as far as I have followed you and your posts.

People are hating on you but  you speak the truth that the scammers and pump and dumpers just don't want to hear, so they just label you a troll and try to discredit you. But you are right a lot of the times.

I would like to know, what other devs do you know of that are honest and are really trying to make coins that will actually stay around and not just make a buck and go away with everybodys money?

griffinriz

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 03:05:05 PM

Not the best but at least better than 99% other altcoins.
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 03:08:10 PM

I dont like Monero
give a reason why  Angry

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 03:14:41 PM

LMAO. How is that not a clone then?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: