Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:16:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin missing big oppurtunity  (Read 1134 times)
hector3115 (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:18:09 AM

Bitcoin should be capitalizing BIG TIME on all these corporate hacks that you read about each and every day.  Target, Home Depot, and the list goes on and on and grows everyday. Each time I hear about a hack I write an email to the company suggesting they accept bitcoin. 

Wouldn't these companies want to offer a secure payment system after losing all their customers personal information?  Ive had my identity stolen three times and don't use credit cards anymore.  I pay with cash only and would love to start paying with bitcoin.

This to me should lead to the quickest path to merchant adoption, which I'm turn would lead to more people buying bitcoin as it's utility increases.

I encourage all of you to also write emails every single time you hear about a hack.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:43:56 AM

as always when contacting businesses, write to them as a customer wishing to use their services, where by their reply to your email decides if you buy from them or not. in short, if they say no then they lose a customer

-template-
hi business X,
i have recently been browsing your online store and seen many great products i am interested in purchasing, but one thing is holding me back. Due to the recent events in the news along with the other stores like target and home depot, i now refuse to hand over my credit card details over the internet. i and many of my friends who also love your products have now switched to bitcoins as a way to pay for things online securely, without risk of our details ending up getting hacked.

can i ask how soon you will be accepting bitcoin? as we are very eager to buy your fabulous products.

-template-

thats the subtle context, but word it differently so that its personal to you and not just a copy and paste spam message everyone sends businesses, whilst still keeping the subtle meaning of the letter.

one last thing.. only write to companies YOU personally WILL use, there is no point shouting at companies to accept bitcoin if your not going to be a customer of theirs, even if you think that other people will benefit. a few businesses dont like to be deceived and pushed into things if they find out they are not going to make any money from you. so do it with companies YOU will use, and even list in your email a couple products YOU WILL buy from them if they accepted bitcoin. thus reinforcing your desire that they should accept bitcoin.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
umair127

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:55:22 AM

Bitcoin should be capitalizing BIG TIME on all these corporate hacks that you read about each and every day.  Target, Home Depot, and the list goes on and on and grows everyday. Each time I hear about a hack I write an email to the company suggesting they accept bitcoin. 

Wouldn't these companies want to offer a secure payment system after losing all their customers personal information?  Ive had my identity stolen three times and don't use credit cards anymore.  I pay with cash only and would love to start paying with bitcoin.

This to me should lead to the quickest path to merchant adoption, which I'm turn would lead to more people buying bitcoin as it's utility increases.

I encourage all of you to also write emails every single time you hear about a hack.
alot are missing out, but have you seen walmart and other adopt to paypal and googlecheckout?

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 02:49:15 PM

If many of  customers write emails to companies to request to accept bitcoin payment, the companies will feel necessary to take bitcoin  payment. It will make more merchants to accept bitcoin.

shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 02:52:14 PM

The reason these big companies are not accepting bitcoin yet is bitcoin is not used by most of their customers.
We need to promote bitcoin to more people before they will use bitcoin.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 03:16:01 PM

Yes, but are you sure that Bitcoin is ready to solve these problems? Even though the Bitcoin software itself seems to be secure, you have to consider the people that use it.
Right now, I don't think that the average Joe is competent enough to handle Bitcoin securely.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 04:53:12 PM

There's no point in using BTC to buy anything at these stores unless its properties allow one to get a discount for using it. So, Coinbase or whoever is dealing w/ these merchants needs to have something set up to drive people into using it via the aforementioned discounts. Women constitute most of the ritual shoppers out there and a good portion of them have their savers club coupons or slips on their key chain for constant usage/savings. Until there is a discount option for paying in BTC at all these mainstream outlets, then there won't be mainstream usage of BTC imo. Not saying some people won't want BTC for speculation but consumer demand is where you'd see sky high BTC prices. People will be addicted to it.
hector3115 (OP)

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 05:37:13 PM

I don't need a discount, I just need security. Credit cards transmit all of your personal info.  Bitcoins do not.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:33:20 AM

those shouting for discount dont understand what bitcoin is.

americans listen UP
you dont buy euros just to buy something from your local 7-11 simply because they started accepting euros aswell as dollars..

what you do however is realise that euros are accepted in dozens of countries where dollars are only accepted in ONE. and you buy euros to use when on vacation, you even buy euro's to avoid american tax, you buy euro's to invest in euro investments.

bitcoin is similar mindset as this. but lets add on bitcoins other features
when opning an account u just download a program. no need to hand over social security details or confirm employment, or sign paperwork
when opening an account you dont have to wait days to receive a plastic card and pin number
if you want to start a business you dont need to talk to a bank to explain your business plan and 5 year projections
if you want to move 10,000 bitcoins you can do it
if you want to get on an aeroplane you do not need to declare bitcoins (they are not in your suitcase, their on the blockchain)
if you want travel across state. the cops cant confiscate bitcoins out of your suitcase

the list goes on.
bitcoins are not meant to be something where you convert FIAT to bitcoin to then instantly spend on products that you can get with your fiat the same day.
you either earn a wage IN get bitcoin to then spend INSTEAD OF FIAT. or you buy bitcoin to hold for investments or to use for things that using FIAT will cause headaches.

once the FIAT markets collapse due to inflation, you will start to spot the benefits of bitcoin more. many already have, those still not seeing bitcoins true benefits need to look at it more, or comeback once your FIAT starts becoming a pain

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:46:44 AM

No doubt.  And if Bitcoin were centralized, it would have a PR company that methodically approaches public education and awareness like this.  But its not.  So all these opportunities will continue to be learned only through passive osmosis.  Would be great if there were some organizations that had money to run TV ads and other public awareness campaigns.  But there aren't. 

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:17:39 AM

Bitcoin should be capitalizing BIG TIME on all these corporate hacks that you read about each and every day.  Target, Home Depot, and the list goes on and on and grows everyday. Each time I hear about a hack I write an email to the company suggesting they accept bitcoin.  

No doubt.  And if Bitcoin were centralized, it would have a PR company that methodically approaches public education and awareness like this.  But its not.  So all these opportunities will continue to be learned only through passive osmosis.  Would be great if there were some organizations that had money to run TV ads and other public awareness campaigns.  But there aren't.  

-B-

bitinstant use to do ALOT of work to help promote bitcoin. then with the whole shift over to bitcoin foundation. people hoped that the foundation would continue to push publicity, to lobby for legal rights issues surrounding bitcoin, yet... bitcoin foundation is doing nothing.

if thre were any community PR project. the foundation should be heading it up. or businesses such as coinbase/bitpay where any lobbying or advertising can help them out.

but with all that said. bitcoin is still in innovation stage, its like advertising and getting people to want a BFL miner months before its a usable product for average joe.

so stop hyping on about advertising bitcoin to average joe, especially if your only sales pitch is to affect the bitcoin price. bitcoin is not about the bitcoin price. just like many people using euros dont care about the dollar conversion rate. they just want to use euro to buy bread. same as americans dont care about the euro rate, they just want to use dollar to buy bread.,

bitcoin is not about the conversion rate, its about the ability to live off of bitcoin.

i personally live off bitcoin, wages, rent, bills, food, car, fuel, utilities.. all from bitcoin. so thos that just want to tell people to buy bitcoin simply to sell bitcoin for profit.. LEARN the true poit of what bitcoin is, then YOU will be properly prepared to advertise bitcoin when the time is right with true reasons.

sooo many noobs in the last 6 months have joined purely on the premiss of quick profits. whomever you learnt about bitcoin from, needs a slap across the face as they have told you little to nothing about bitcoin and most probably just said that you should join to help the price rise.

change your mindsets away from your fiat loving quick profits and know what bitcoin is. THEN go ahead advertise as much as you like.

i truly hate repeating myself but soo many of you noobs are switched off and not thinking of the big picture.

rant over

hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:26:17 AM

If many of  customers write emails to companies to request to accept bitcoin payment, the companies will feel necessary to take bitcoin  payment. It will make more merchants to accept bitcoin.

I agree.

We need a thread that keeps tracks of companies that would do well with bitcoin and info in how to contact them. This would help increase the amount of bitcoin user emails to these companies and get them on board.

I don't sell any of my coins anymore but I would be willing to spend them instead of using traditional problematic payments. I would then just use circle to buy back those bitcoins
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: