Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:06:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re:Blockchain..  (Read 664 times)
Decksperiment (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 12:50:29 PM

Watchin ole max keiser discussing bitnation, and something ocured to me.. seems everyone is adding stuff to the blockchain that is nothing to do with bitcoin. Now say I download the blockchain, do I have to also download whatever else the blockchain is used for, or can we block that 'extra' crap?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:47:48 PM

Watchin ole max keiser discussing bitnation, and something ocured to me.. seems everyone is adding stuff to the blockchain that is nothing to do with bitcoin. Now say I download the blockchain, do I have to also download whatever else the blockchain is used for, or can we block that 'extra' crap?

Everything comes with it.  This can be a powerful tool.  I'm telling you in 20-30 years when programmers start to get into the ruling age.. shit is going to get amazing.  If we can make it that far without the dinosaurs messing it up.
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:53:30 PM

The point of my asking is that I think it's fair that people should bill these people for adding things that are unrelated to bitcoin, since we would have to download what we dont want.. now this would be another cool way to kill bitcoin.. add so much useless crap to the block chain that it become's un-economically viable to download said blockchain? Cant they create their own blockchain for their own purposes like many crypto currencies? No? They should be billed.

Edit, Every bitcoin user who downloads the blockchain that contains material that is not directly related to bitcoin should be automatically paid 1 btc just for the added extra's, by those doing the adding.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:59:05 PM

The point of my asking is that I think it's fair that people should bill these people for adding things that are unrelated to bitcoin, since we would have to download what we dont want.. now this would be another cool way to kill bitcoin.. add so much useless crap to the block chain that it become's un-economically viable to download said blockchain? Cant they create their own blockchain for their own purposes like many crypto currencies? No? They should be billed.

Edit, Every bitcoin user who downloads the blockchain that contains material that is not directly related to bitcoin should be automatically paid 1 btc just for the added extra's, by those doing the adding.

They should be billed........................................ .... wat.. this isn't the FED banking system.
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 02:04:37 PM

So hows about I store all my audio applications and vsti's on YOUR hard disk?

You'd probably do it for free just for the access, but think about it..

20gig is solely bitcoin, 20gig is say bitnation.. next week, it doubled in size due to many other un-related to bitcoin uses.

You think it's ok to download 100 tb of blockchain knowing you only need 20gigs worth?

Yeah, they should pay..

Edit: This WILL kill bitcoin by it's very nature.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: