Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:29:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Easy Way To Do Local Bitcoin Transactions FREE  (Read 1528 times)
serenitys (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 04:24:27 PM

Install and set up Square Cash app. It's literally as easy as Circle.com sign up, if not easier. You can do it from your phone.

https://square.com/cash

For the transaction, Buyer sends you *cash* via the app. After agreed upon time for receipt to Seller's bank, Seller can send bitcoin to the Buyer's address.

The snag part for people is how to pay for it unless you hand someone cash directly. To avoid dealing with actual hard cash, the Square Cash app does free bank to bank transfers that are usually done in a few minutes. Once it's cleared, they can't take it back without your authorization. This is better than paypal where they can pay you and then anywhere in the next 6 months file a claim and PP will pull the money regardless of your authorization and return it.

Once it's there, then you can send the bitcoin from one address to the other however you choose to go about it.

http://www.circle.com

I think between Square and Circle - bitcoin's success is literally shaping up!

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dwolfman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 05:43:59 PM

Sounds like a nice idea and would be fairly fast, wouldn't need to carry around the cash.

However, I get a feeling that this would not be an option for someone that wants to try and stay anonymous, so that no one besides the buyer and seller know what is going on with the transaction....

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 06:18:44 PM

Once it's cleared, they can't take it back without your authorization.

Can you quote exactly where the terms say it can't be taken back without your authorization? This is an online transfer, I don't see this being well implemented. All a scammer has to do is call his bank account and say the Square transaction was unauthorized, and if the bank reverses the transaction, then Square will lose out on the money. At this point, they will either take the loss, or give the negative balance to you, and most likely send you to collection if you don't pay the debt.

a447513372

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

DLISK - Next Generation Coin

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 11:12:04 PM

This sounds very risky to me. When you use a non-reversible payment method like this that is also not traceable (cash) you will potentially get scammed when someone takes your cash but does not transfer the bitcoin to you, or if someone transfers bitcoin to you but you do not give them cash.

If you are using their bank to bank transfer then you are risking that the person sending the money will claim the transaction was not authorized and the transaction would almost certainly get reversed

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
     ▄████▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀ ▄▄▀▀      ████  ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀███▄
  ████ ▄███████████████      ▀█  ████
 ███▀ ▄██████████████████      █  ▀███
▄███            ████ ████      ▀█ ███▄
███ ▄█           ████  ████      █▄ ███
███            ████   ████       █ ███
███ ▀█          ████  ████       █▀ ███
▀▀▀▀           █████████       ▄█ ███▀
 ██████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███
  ██████████████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄  ▀▄▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▀
     ▀████▄ ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████▀
       ▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀

████                ▄████
    ████████████████                ████   ▄▄███████████████          ▄█████▀
   ██████████████████               ██▀▀ ██████████████████        ▄█████▀
             ▀████████             ███ ████▀                    ▄█████▀
             ▄█████████            ██▀ ███▀                  ▄█████▀
             ████ ▀████           ███ ████▄               ▄█████▀
             ████  ████           ███▄ ██████████████▀ ▄█████▀
            ████  ▄████           ████  ▀████████████▄ ▀█████▄
            ████ ▄████           ████               ▀██▄  █████▄
            ████████▀            ████               ▄████   █████▄
           ███████▀            ███▀              ▄█████▀     █████▄
 ██████████████████████████████ ███ ▄█████████████████▀         █████▄
█████████████▀▀▀██████████████ ▄██ ▄████████████████▀             █████▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 03:40:25 PM

This sounds very risky to me. When you use a non-reversible payment method like this that is also not traceable (cash) you will potentially get scammed when someone takes your cash but does not transfer the bitcoin to you, or if someone transfers bitcoin to you but you do not give them cash.

If you are using their bank to bank transfer then you are risking that the person sending the money will claim the transaction was not authorized and the transaction would almost certainly get reversed
Did you read the post? He's not talking about any untraceable transactions here, which is actually what may be the issue preventing a local bitcoin buyer from buying. (The best mixing service is not having your coins tied to your identity in the first place.)

moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:05:14 AM

https://squareup.com/legal/cash-ua
3. Limitations on Use. ........ We may block or reverse Payments in our sole discretion

https://squareup.com/legal/ua
By creating a Square Account, you also confirm that you will not accept payments in connection with the following businesses or business activities .... (15) manual or automated cash disbursements, (16) prepaid cards, checks, or other financial merchandise or services, (17) sales of money-orders or foreign currency, (18) wire transfer money orders, (19) high-risk products and services

serenitys (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:21:25 PM

The point I was attempting to make was that it's less likely people would file a claim as they are apt to do with paypal and it's not 6 months down the road, it's whenever they'd file it.

I'd rather use square/circle combo to see my funds in 2 days and feel more confident whoever paid me won't up and claim scammer in 6 months than do business with paypal.

Square is also pro bitcoin and incorporates it in their shopping cart.

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: