Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:48:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Prison for Kicking a Cat?  (Read 2438 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:46:20 AM

Poor people sent to jail for kicking a cat... while rich people like Curt Johnson let off for sexually molesting little girls... great... this world is moving in the right direction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bonam

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:27:38 AM

Stupid. No way this deserves jail time. American society is so freaking backwards about what it punishes and what it lets off.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7988

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:43:51 AM

I, too, once looked at these animal rights activists as pesky nuisances. In part, because they're usually one dimensional and lack the same concern for human life. However, the degenerate that would go out of their way to hurt a cat or dog or not brake when ducks are crossing the road deserves some type of societal consequences whether it be imprisonment or ostracism. Under the current paradigm, some sort of work program and rehabilitation in prison should help the situation but in a more free market system ostracism and/or a behind the scenes ass beating might suffice.

Hey Chef,

I went to Plane Food last week at a stop-over in Heathrow - the food was wonderful but the wait staff was rather aloof.  I had get up from my table to ask for some vinegar and those cute little pots of tomato sauce for my chips at which point they sped up a bit.  When we asked for the bill, the waitress continued to clean other tables nearby for a few minutes and we had to ask a second time.  The thing is it was not busy at all and perhaps they don't realize people dining at Heathrow probably have a plane to catch? They need a tuning up and you're the man to do it.  Go easy on them - they're young and inexperienced.

PS Prison sounds about right for the cat-kicker.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:29:38 AM

As a cat breeder's husband, and a cat fan myself I'd say the bloke should be sentenced to take the next step and try to do the same on a bigger cat Smiley.

OK, back to the seriousness. There should be a difference between "occasional animal kickers" who did this in the heat of a moment or because of anger (related to the given animal), and those bastards who's torturing animals frequently for their sick amusements. The first can happen with almost all of us, but the second case is the start of a dangerous pattern and sooner or later those guys will carry on with humans. So the first case should be something like community work, the second case should be should be something for psychiatrist (forcefully if needed). 
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 11:32:43 AM

I would probably give them a shorter jail sentence to be fair, since it was only a kick but I do agree the psychopaths need much harsher punishments, I don't think it really matters though to be honest, you don't use violence against other people to take out your anger so why do it on animals?
newflesh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:30:25 PM

Seems a bit over the top, not a fan of animal cruelty but this seems way too excessive for just a kick.

If the dude is a mentalist then he should be sectioned, not stuck in a prison with the general population.
Pingu

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:01:42 PM

Don't jail him, just give him some rehabilitation. Obviously he needs some anger management classes and maybe some community service. Jailing people for this stuff is ridiculous.
qm7

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:39:33 PM

I feel as if people who abuse animals lack empathy, which means that it's likely that they'll do it to real people.  Venting your anger on a cat is not any less better than doing such on
Kawada

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:23:20 PM

Jail is too hard as punishment.
Send him to do community service or in a rehabilitation center.
Paya

Activity: 334

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:30:18 PM

Prison for kicking a cat... seriously? That's ridiculous. No wonder why America is the second country in the world by number of prisoners: more than 700 for each 100.000 citizens. Only Seychelles beats it. For comparison, "nondemocratic, totalitarian, communist" China has only 170.

There are better ways to fix this young man's behaviour than to send him behind the bars to take lessons from real criminals. Prison is not, and cannot be universal answer to every god damn thing which may look wrong or inappropriate.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7988

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:45:10 PM

Poor people sent to jail for kicking a cat... while rich people like Curt Johnson let off for sexually molesting little girls... great... this world is moving in the right direction.

He's not getting sent to jail.

These New York statutes comprise the state's anti-cruelty provisions.  "Animal" includes every living creature except a human being.  A person who overdrives, overloads, tortures or cruelly beats or unjustifiably injures, maims, mutilates or kills any animal, or deprives any animal of necessary sustenance, food or drink, is guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment for not more than one year, or by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars, or by both.  Exclusions include properly conducted scientific tests, experiments or investigations, involving the use of living animals approved by the state commissioner of health.

He is facing a year maximum but the current buzz is over the fact that he wasn't offered a plea bargain.  The burden of proof is on the state and the cat is alive and seemingly well so they aren't going to throw the book at him.  

Johnson's step daughter refused to testify or release her medical records so they wouldnt have had much evidence had the case gone to trial.  In the case of cat-kicker Robinson, there's a video account of the incident posted on social media.  Also, Johnson got 4 years in prison.  So what you wrote has no basis in fact.
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:56:34 PM

He's not getting sent to jail.

These New York statutes comprise the state's anti-cruelty provisions.  "Animal" includes every living creature except a human being.  A person who overdrives, overloads, tortures or cruelly beats or unjustifiably injures, maims, mutilates or kills any animal, or deprives any animal of necessary sustenance, food or drink, is guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment for not more than one year, or by a fine of not more than one thousand dollars, or by both.  Exclusions include properly conducted scientific tests, experiments or investigations, involving the use of living animals approved by the state commissioner of health.

He is facing a year maximum but the current buzz is over the fact that he wasn't offered a plea bargain.  The burden of proof is on the state and the cat is alive and seemingly well so they aren't going to throw the book at him.  

Johnson's step daughter refused to testify or release her medical records so they wouldnt have had much evidence had the case gone to trial.  In the case of cat-kicker Robinson, there's a video account of the incident posted on social media.  Also, Johnson got 4 years in prison.  So what you wrote has no basis in fact.

IMAO Agreed

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
lucaspm98

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 12:54:39 AM

Who in their right mind would kick a cat? He needs mental help more than jail time.
Bonam

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:03:04 AM

I would probably give them a shorter jail sentence to be fair, since it was only a kick but I do agree the psychopaths need much harsher punishments, I don't think it really matters though to be honest, you don't use violence against other people to take out your anger so why do it on animals?

You don't eat other people either. The hypocrisy and willful blindness to contradictions in how we treat animals makes no sense. What makes a cat different than a cow that kicking the first warrants jail time while slaughtering millions of the second is fine?
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 07:15:57 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 08:14:40 AM by Lethn

You don't eat other people either. The hypocrisy and willful blindness to contradictions in how we treat animals makes no sense. What makes a cat different than a cow that kicking the first warrants jail time while slaughtering millions of the second is fine?

It's not fine, never said it was, however do you actually know about the steps that law abiding people have to take now in order to make sure that the animals are slaughtered quickly so they aren't in much pain when it happens? Since in the UK they actually knock them out with electricity you could argue that they don't even notice by the time it's done. Eating meat though and torturing animals are two different things and if you can't see that then you're quite naive, as I said before, you think a lion is going to give a shit whether you eat animals or not? That self-righteousness isn't going to save you if you come across something carnivorous.

Also, there's plenty of hypocrisy in the way laws towards human beings are enforced, or did you not glance at the section you just posted in for five seconds? These days filesharers get more jail time than murderers and then you have cases of assault being completely ignored and everyone just hoping it goes away, that cat has more rights than people being assaulted do currently ironically and it's because these people don't have an army of lobbyists and prosecutors fighting for them.

Pretty sure there are standards regarding the treatment of farm animals too, especially where I live, but yeah, you can keep insinuating all meat eaters are evil if you like and not have anyone take you seriously because of it, when I look at my diet I actually don't even eat that much meat to begin with LOL.
username18333

Activity: 378

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 10:08:57 PM

It's not fine, never said it was, however do you actually know about the steps that law abiding people have to take now in order to make sure that the animals are slaughtered quickly so they aren't in much pain when it happens? Since in the UK they actually knock them out with electricity you could argue that they don't even notice by the time it's done. Eating meat though and torturing animals are two different things and if you can't see that then you're quite naive, as I said before, you think a lion is going to give a shit whether you eat animals or not? That self-righteousness isn't going to save you if you come across something carnivorous.

Also, there's plenty of hypocrisy in the way laws towards human beings are enforced, or did you not glance at the section you just posted in for five seconds? These days filesharers get more jail time than murderers and then you have cases of assault being completely ignored and everyone just hoping it goes away, that cat has more rights than people being assaulted do currently ironically and it's because these people don't have an army of lobbyists and prosecutors fighting for them.

Pretty sure there are standards regarding the treatment of farm animals too, especially where I live, but yeah, you can keep insinuating all meat eaters are evil if you like and not have anyone take you seriously because of it, when I look at my diet I actually don't even eat that much meat to begin with LOL.
That post addressed its poster's objections to the relative lack of internal inconsistency they perceived within the morals and/or ethics of those they addressed.

That poster's objections were/are based on the more abhorrent conditions where-under livestock may be "raised" within industrialized nations.

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 12:19:49 PM

If you kick a cat you have a very good chance of injuring it.  Reminds me of this douche bag footballer player:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtxNUTNZzAw

Animal abusers are completely out of touch with nature, life, universe and everything - no joke.  Probably too much time in the concrete jungle.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:02:37 PM

Hey, be nice to animals who are not harming you.

However, if you happen to harm an animal that is owned by someone, pay your debt to that person.

If you harm an animal that is owned by the state, or one that is not owned, here is your protection, in the common law countries, at least:

http://www.myprivateaudio.com/Karl-Lentz.html = Angela Stark's Talkshoe.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5duR4OvEHHxOSdEZhANETw = TrustInAllLaw snippets of Karl's audios.

http://www.broadmind.org/ = Karl's main page.

http://www.unkommonlaw.co.uk/ = Karl's United Kingdom page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/765736/videos?view=0&live_view=500&flow=grid&sort=da = Craig Lynch's snippets page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOkAHRzuiOA&list=PLHrkQxgz0mg6kUBciD-HIvTXByqjcIZ-D = Ten great Youtube videos, might be the best introduction to Karl.

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=127469&cmd=tc = Karl's Talkshoe site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iua56K4Mysk = Karl Lentz - The Brian Bonar Incident - YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdHLHWS4gPE = Lentz-Sense - don't be a More~On - YouTube.

Other Info

http://voidjudgments.com/ = The Secret is most judgments are Void on their face and not merely voidable.

http://educationcenter2000.com/Trinsey-v-Paglario.htm = Trinsey v. Pagliaro - Attorneys cannot "speak" in common law trials if the one who is bringing the suit orders it. Holding from Trinsey v. Pagliaro: "An attorney for the plaintiff cannot admit evidence into the court. He is either an attorney or a witness."

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Holysmoke

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:05:41 PM

we need to arrest those pig, chicken and cow abusers now
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: