Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:09:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: you Don't like Monero? Just Ignore, Move On and Miss Out...  (Read 1503 times)
Moneroman88 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:09:58 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 09:22:34 PM by Moneroman88

what in gods name do you seriously expect when you come here and say your first Altcoin is Monero ?

I expect serious consideration from my peer group consisting of people in my level,
and also those who believe that by learning from me they can reach higher.
Never before or after, I have bought into another altcoin, so it is a great thing for me, which I gladly share with my supporters.

As for moderated vs. unmoderated threads, the main issue is S/N-ratio. It's possible to buy sockpuppet work for $0.12-$0.20 per message. Just to take an example, NewLiberty posts here and the opportunity cost for him to write these messages is certainly about $100.
It is possible to inundate his reasonable and insightfulmessages below a pile of junk at a price much cheaper than it is for him to write them.
This is an economic attack which wears down the good posters so that in the end only the junk remains.

(self)Moderation is a way to mitigate it. If you feel your contribution is not welcome, you can refrain from posting into such threads and do not lose anything.
NewLiberty's readers gain by not needing to wade through the pile of junk when they are interested mainly in NewLiberty's contribution and the insightful responses to it.

We have decided to continue posting in Bitcointalk, so you'll just have to accept it.
If any of my posts infuriates you, consider the fact that I am not talking to you.

I am talking to people who want to listen to me and learn from me.

Here you have it.  If you don't like Monero just stop posting your *piles of junk* and ignore the topics. There's no point in interfering with Monero's business if you don't want to *listen* to and *learn* from Rpietila so you can *reach higher* after all. So just cut the bullshit and move on.

If you want to miss out on the next Bitcoin ROI it is your own free will to ignore Monero. But for the love of god STOP the terrible trolling in Monero's reasonable and insightful threads with a peer group consisting of people in Risto's high level.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Moneroman88 (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:35:44 PM

For those wishing to have smart and insightful conversations, I remind you of the existence of a Monero self-moderated general thread (on top of all the others, like the equally self-moderated MEW thread).
identtitentti

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:01:26 PM

It is common for coin communities to start their own dedicated discussion forum after some time. Frankly, I don't see the point and value of using bitcointalk as monero forum. On the contrary, it's bad PR.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:04:27 PM

It is common for coin communities to start their own dedicated discussion forum after some time. Frankly, I don't see the point and value of using bitcointalk as monero forum. On the contrary, it's bad PR.

How is it bad PR?

Eventually a monero forum will spring up. But I find it hard to believe it would be bad PR. That is like saying when Litecoin was only discussed on Bitcointalk back in 2011 and 2012 (part of) that it was bad PR. Now look at Litecoin.

Don't make me laugh.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:05:38 PM

what in gods name do you seriously expect when you come here and say your first Altcoin is Monero ?

I expect serious consideration from my peer group consisting of people in my level,
Never before or after, I have bought into another altcoin, so it is a great thing for me, which I gladly share with my supporters.

As for moderated vs. unmoderated threads, the main issue is S/N-ratio. It's possible to buy sockpuppet work for $0.12-$0.20 per message. Just to take an example, NewLiberty posts here and the opportunity cost for him to write these messages is certainly about $100.
It is possible to inundate his reasonable and insightfulmessages below a pile of junk at a price much cheaper than it is for him to write them.
This is an economic attack which wears down the good posters so that in the end only the junk remains.

(self)Moderation is a way to mitigate it. If you feel your contribution is not welcome, you can refrain from posting into such threads and do not lose anything.
NewLiberty's readers gain by not needing to wade through the pile of junk when they are interested mainly in NewLiberty's contribution and the insightful responses to it.

We have decided to continue posting in Bitcointalk, so you'll just have to accept it.
If any of my posts infuriates you, consider the fact that I am not talking to you.

Here you have it.  If you don't like Monero just stop posting your *piles of junk* and ignore the topics. There's no point in interfering with Monero's business if you don't want to *listen* to and *learn* from Rpietila so you can *reach higher* after all. So just cut the bullshit and move on.

If you want to miss out on the next Bitcoin ROI it is your own free will to ignore Monero. But for the love of god STOP the terrible trolling in Monero's reasonable and insightful threads with a peer group consisting of people in Risto's high level.

I can't tell if you are trolling Monero and Risto or promoting them. If you are promoting them, then you missing the fact that Risto's comments are insanely arrogant and a big part of the reason so many people hate Monero.

If you are trolling them, some people are going to take this post as praise for Monero.

So either way, I am not sure you are accomplishing what you are trying to accomplish.
identtitentti

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:12:53 PM

How is it bad PR?

You need to understand basic human psychology to understand how it is bad PR. I have no opinion on Monero, neither positive or negative, but flooding this forum with Monero threads and stuff that others discuss on their own dedicated forums gives me the taste of some one selling Jesus knocking on my door. Plus, how credible is a coin and community who can't even create a discussion forum of their own?

PS: it's year 2014 now.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:14:18 PM

How is it bad PR?

You need to understand basic human psychology to understand how it is bad PR. I have no opinion on Monero, neither positive or negative, but flooding this forum with Monero threads and stuff that others discuss on their own dedicated forums gives me the taste of some one selling Jesus knocking on my door. Plus, how credible is a coin and community who can't even create a discussion forum of their own?

This is all in your own opinion. I think you should let others speak for themselves before assuming it would be an outright viewpoint for many.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

identtitentti

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:21:13 PM

How is it bad PR?

This is all in your own opinion. I think you should let others speak for themselves before assuming it would be an outright viewpoint for many.

Of course my opinion is my opinion. But what do you think yourself, as a spokesperson for Monero, have your replies to me made me like Monero more or less?
BDSM-Fetish

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:24:08 PM

I like it, just not the constant promotion.

It's too much, and maybe damages it.

I sold my small stake a week ago because it seemed things were getting silly.

But I might buy back in when things settle down.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:50:12 PM

How is it bad PR?

Of course my opinion is my opinion. But what do you think yourself, as a spokesperson for Monero, have your replies to me made me like Monero more or less?

1. I am not a spokesperson for Monero. I merely support it. There is a difference.

2. Good question, how about you answer that question as my answering it would only waste my time as you obviously can speak for yourself.

All I did was disagree with your theory and gave you a specific instance of a coin that has violated your theory.

Grin

To be clear in case you missed it...my goal was not to get you to like or dislike Monero. You can decide for yourself if you want to buy it or use it or not.

All I did was point out the flaw in your theory.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:53:18 AM

How is it bad PR?

I agree. I am surprised the leadership of Monero does this. Just have 1 or 2 active threads and an active forum. Otherwise people just get annoyed. Diminishing returns and all that.

Its really amazing how many people hate Monero. They had such a great start with all the btc whale support. But just so much arrogance in the ranks. Its almost comical at times. Although, I think smooth does a good job for the most part.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:05:01 AM

How is it bad PR?

I agree. I am surprised the leadership of Monero does this. Just have 1 or 2 active threads and an active forum. Otherwise people just get annoyed. Diminishing returns and all that.

Its really amazing how many people hate Monero. They had such a great start with all the btc whale support. But just so much arrogance in the ranks. Its almost comical at times. Although, I think smooth does a good job for the most part.

# of threads != failed coin.

It is a free market. You can complain all you want but at the end of the day you can't control what others do on the forum unless you are an admin or moderator.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

identtitentti

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:12:34 AM

It is a free market. You can complain all you want but at the end of the day you can't control what others do on the forum unless you are an admin or moderator.

What you call "complaining" would be more wise to interpret as friendly advice.

All in all, bitcointalk is not very friendly and supportive forum and community, and when Monero publishes and discusses all and everything here, there's constant grind, fud and all the flame jazz of the beloved web. And thus monero people get in battle state instead of supporting each other in more friendly environment.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:40:18 AM

or you could stfu about your scam coin and quit flooding this place with Monero spam ?
mods have had to delete a lot of it.. you guys are making a lot of work here for staff proud of that buddy ?

PS:
Want Bitcoin ? Get a fucking job account hopping Shill !

FUD first & ask questions later™
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:37:05 AM

This forum needs a selective option where you can ignore all threads you wish, containing a keyword. Even if it would mean loosing 40% of all altcoin threads i would be more than happy to pay that price at this point. Moneros thread count is going way too high.
rubenaco

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

NXT FORUM MÁS Y MEJOR

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:56:06 AM

that shit heavy with coin. in 2008 you were so heavy to buy bitcoin ? buy all the shit currency and go away . heavy

open your mind!!
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:36:37 AM

What you call "complaining" would be more wise to interpret as friendly advice.

All in all, bitcointalk is not very friendly and supportive forum and community, and when Monero publishes and discusses all and everything here, there's constant grind, fud and all the flame jazz of the beloved web. And thus monero people get in battle state instead of supporting each other in more friendly environment.
let us agree to disagree. It sure sounds like complaining to me. Given no one asked for advice about what you are talking about.

You never answered your own question above nor addressed the flaw in your theory directly.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Moneroman88 (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:18:24 PM

or you could stfu about your scam coin and quit flooding this place with Monero spam ?
mods have had to delete a lot of it.. you guys are making a lot of work here for staff proud of that buddy ?

PS:

I have a high paying job, I work at Cisco. This doesn't have anything to do with Crypto or Monero, or has it?
I kindly ask you to refrain from posting offtopic in my topics, thanks for your understanding in advance.
RonPaulBTC

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:36:56 PM

What happened with the BCX incident? Did the attack ever happen? I saw a dip the other day but i've been away from the computer so im not sure. Any cliffs on this?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:42:07 PM

PS:

I have a high paying job, I work at Cisco. This doesn't have anything to do with Crypto or Monero, or has it?
I kindly ask you to refrain from posting offtopic in my topics, thanks for your understanding in advance.

and i kindly ask you to stop spamming about Monero..
and i also doubt a 12 year old child has a job at all.

you just created yet another Monero spam topic called "Hot Altcoin Sex" Today at 12:06:30 PM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=806417.0

where you said this..

If altcoins would be hot women which one would you like to put your weener in and fill the pink pussy?

My choice is Monero: most curved and tighest altcoin around

This is not your forum either and these are not YOUR topics.. they are Bitcointalk.org's and are you the site owner ?
So please STFU with the spamming, thanks for your understanding in advance Wink

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: