Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:17:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop building mining rigs people!!!!!  (Read 8950 times)
epi 1:10,000 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 04:15:55 PM

The network will soon be at 20 PetaFLOPS/s and ther doesn't seem to be any slow down in hashing growth.  The computing power is mind boggling!  Some one needs to alert the Govenator cause you poor bastards are building Sky Net.  Don't be surprised if Arnold kicks down your door and blows away your mining rigs w/ a shotgun.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 04:17:31 PM

Hey now, we're behind schedule!  The difficulty is only projected to increase 28% this time around!
colossus

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

Obey me and live or disobey and die.

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 04:20:58 PM

Cheesy mining rigs? ....what mining rigs ...nothing to see here, move along now. (large data center sound in the background)  Grin
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 04:23:53 PM

I hope you guys are buying guns and amo along with your GPU's.
No.  Guns & Ammo don't make me money.
PabloW

Activity: 228
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 04:27:18 PM

Dooooooo theyyyyyy?Huh

Grin
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 04:29:57 PM

I hope you guys are buying guns and amo along with your GPU's. Its ur responsibility to take out a node if it becomes self aware.

http://www.robotuprising.com/

My rig sits on a platform above a large bucket of water, and the platform is rigged to drop by pulling a string hanging down from my desk lamp.  You know, just in case.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
ploum

Activity: 428
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2011, 04:32:04 PM

They do. There's a very old and very efficient business model about that. Just ask, in a very polite way, people to give you all of their money. It generally doesn't work except if you have a gun in your hand at the same time. It's very efficient because you can re-use the gun as many time as you want.

Unfortunately, this was a so easy business model that most government made it illegal. Damn government, they are really abusing their power. We should be allowed to conduct any business we want between consenting adults.

PabloW

Activity: 228
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 04:46:35 PM

They do. There's a very old and very efficient business model about that. Just ask, in a very polite way, people to give you all of their money. It generally doesn't work except if you have a gun in your hand at the same time. It's very efficient because you can re-use the gun as many time as you want.

Unfortunately, this was a so easy business model that most government made it illegal. Damn government, they are really abusing their power. We should be allowed to conduct any business we want between consenting adults.

Youre absolutely right. Here a pic of mi gunning rig

(?)
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 04:50:51 PM

Can't tell if you're being single-sarcastic or double-sarcastic, but it doesn't take a government for a society to consider the use or threat of violence immoral. In fact, I would argue that governments by their very nature participate happily in the very behavior from which you think they protect us.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 04:53:24 PM

Don't be surprised if Arnold kicks down your door and blows away your mining rigs w/ a shotgun.

I'm surprised this isn't a more prevalent topic. Perhaps not Arnold (well, at least not now that he's been replaced as governor), but we should take into account the hoops the US Gov't & others could make us jump through if they started to more-openly attack Bitcoin, and it should be factored in to persons' decision to build a mining rig. Paypal fairly recently shut down arguably the most painless-to-use BTC seller, Coinpal, and I'm not entirely convinced Paypal came to the decision internally after giving it the OK multiple times. Other sites like Mt Gox (currently operating on a domain regulated by the USG's lap-dog, ICANN) are at risk of being shut down or at least having operations hindered if the USG decides BTC is a credible threat to their power. The Constitution hasn't been a reliable defense against tyranny for decades (at least), and we should give the proper thought to scenarios unfavorable to us the USG could create.
FatherMcGruder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2011, 04:55:31 PM

Can't tell if you're being single-sarcastic or double-sarcastic, but it doesn't take a government for a society to consider the use or threat of violence immoral. In fact, I would argue that governments by their very nature participate happily in the very behavior from which you think they protect us.
I think it works without assuming any sarcasm.

Use my Trade Hill referral code: TH-R11519

Check out bitcoinity.org and Ripple.

Shameless display of my bitcoin address:
1Hio4bqPUZnhr2SWi4WgsnVU1ph3EkusvH
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 04:56:25 PM

I've seen it work with hot women and miserable looking toothless old men =O

The only made it illegal to get rid of the competition!!

Also, Sarah Connor anyone?

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 05:04:44 PM

Don't be surprised if Arnold kicks down your door and blows away your mining rigs w/ a shotgun.

I'm surprised this isn't a more prevalent topic. Perhaps not Arnold (well, at least not now that he's been replaced as governor), but we should take into account the hoops the US Gov't & others could make us jump through if they started to more-openly attack Bitcoin, and it should be factored in to persons' decision to build a mining rig. Paypal fairly recently shut down arguably the most painless-to-use BTC seller, Coinpal, and I'm not entirely convinced Paypal came to the decision internally after giving it the OK multiple times. Other sites like Mt Gox (currently operating on a domain regulated by the USG's lap-dog, ICANN) are at risk of being shut down or at least having operations hindered if the USG decides BTC is a credible threat to their power. The Constitution hasn't been a reliable defense against tyranny for decades (at least), and we should give the proper thought to scenarios unfavorable to us the USG could create.
Exactly.

What happens if/when all conversions from BTC to USD are made illegal?  If the mainstream can't do it easily, it will never catch on.  And the US will likely ensure that the mainstream can't do it easily.
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 05:28:20 PM

What happens if/when all conversions from BTC to USD are made illegal?
That would slow the growth of Bitcoin a bit, but not to a halt. People would still generate the same number of new bitcoins each day (the difficulty adjustment takes care of that), and they're going to do something with those coins. Those who generate the bitcoins would trade them within an ever-increasing group of Bitcoin users. I think Bitcoin is already at critical mass and would cope with exchanges being made illegal.
MacFall

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Agorist

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2011, 05:42:31 PM

Unfortunately, this was a so easy business model that most government made it illegal.

No they didn't. They just gave themselves a monopoly on doing it.

No king but Christ; no law but Liberty!

Fledge Press: Pro-Liberty Fiction and Art
1JBmYmG2U5ETj8BXZUBCXDKWCQcFoERBNP
MacFall

Agorist

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2011, 05:46:56 PM

What happens if/when all conversions from BTC to USD are made illegal?
That would slow the growth of Bitcoin a bit, but not to a halt. People would still generate the same number of new bitcoins each day (the difficulty adjustment takes care of that), and they're going to do something with those coins. Those who generate the bitcoins would trade them within an ever-increasing group of Bitcoin users. I think Bitcoin is already at critical mass and would cope with exchanges being made illegal.
It's helpful to remember that when governments suppress markets, the markets don't go away. They just go underground. And they also grow the profit margins associated with those markets by doing so. I see black markets as a potentially good thing (as my custom title suggests). It depends on whether the people who participate them have conscious ethical goals or not. Which is why I encourage libertarians to embrace "counter-economic" activity.

goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 06:07:33 PM

What happens if/when all conversions from BTC to USD are made illegal?  If the mainstream can't do it easily, it will never catch on.  And the US will likely ensure that the mainstream can't do it easily.

I think the legal implications and the infringement of the constitution such ruling could cause would evolve into such a long legal spiral that by the time the gov can bring in a strong enough case to outlaw Bitcoins, it will have taken over the USA already.

bobR

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 06:24:46 PM

Exactly.

The us government won't make it illegal the democrats will tax it to death
MacFall

Agorist

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2011, 06:27:25 PM

I think the legal implications and the infringement of the constitution such ruling could cause would evolve into such a long legal spiral that by the time the gov can bring in a strong enough case to outlaw Bitcoins, it will have taken over the USA already.

Additionally, the US might just collapse under its own weight before then anyway. Especially if bitcoin becomes popular enough that people start abandoning legal tender in its favor. (Oh please oh please oh please...)

AjaxOfSalamis

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2011, 06:30:40 PM

Youre absolutely right. Here a pic of mi gunning rig

What hash rate are you getting out of that rig?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: