Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:09:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will you do if you meet a market manipulating permabear bitcoin whale?  (Read 1746 times)
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:14:07 PM

Imagine you meet a permabear bitcoin whale who wants to destroy btc by shorting and selling, and he is actually manipulating the btc markets. What will you do?

of course there is nobody around!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:16:31 PM

even if you have 1 million of BTC, you can't destroy BTC exchange system ... why ?
because you can't spend fast the 1 millions of BTC in short hours to the exchange.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:36:55 PM

even if you have 1 million of BTC, you can't destroy BTC exchange system ... why ?
because you can't spend fast the 1 millions of BTC in short hours to the exchange.

This, and he would create a huge wall which would block the price, unless hes selling at a rediculous low price, then it would get eaten in seconds... but even tho, you have to deal with it, its called free market.
peligro

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:41:33 PM

Will just plead, beg, threaten him to keep me in the loop. If I have tips on market movement I can make a lot by leveraging.
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:41:38 PM

If Satoshi ever wants to crash the market by selling his 800k in bitcoins than I will happily scoop them up when they are selling for 20-50 bucks a piece before the market rebounds.

My guess is that part or all of the bitcoins won't move because they were lost or destroyed however.

fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:42:37 PM

You mean Mark Karpeles?
inBitweTrust

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:53:13 PM

You mean Mark Karpeles?

yes, or like the coins the FBI stole and the 29,000 coins dumped on the market by the U.S. Marshals which had no effect upon the price at all.

cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:04:36 PM

Will just plead, beg, threaten him to keep me in the loop. If I have tips on market movement I can make a lot by leveraging.

Smartness
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 04:10:23 PM

Imagine you meet a permabear bitcoin whale who wants to destroy btc by shorting and selling...
I would do nothing, maybe have a friendly conversation. This person cannot affect me financially or otherwise.

The idea that you can destroy - or even harm - bitcoin by buying OR selling BTC is as absurd as the idea that you can harm the internet by downloading or uploading information.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:14:43 PM

if someone wanted to sell 50k on BTC right now to tank the price right now. my first response is to get online and buy the whole lot up dirt cheap. and then thank him for the blip in price, knowing that as mining gets expensive and less whales can tank the price. it will stablise back up.

anyone selling coins at a loss is the loser, so let them lose out, while we gain from their loses.

simple lesson. dont sell for a loss

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
blumangroup

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:18:00 AM

You mean Mark Karpeles?

yes, or like the coins the FBI stole and the 29,000 coins dumped on the market by the U.S. Marshals which had no effect upon the price at all.
The FBI did not actually steal any coins, they seized ~30k bitcoin from silkroad, and gave the public a chance to claim ownership in the bitcoin, but when no one claimed ownership (nor contested the FBI's ability to sell the bitcoin) the coins were eventually sold via auction

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
inBitweTrust

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:35:54 AM

The FBI did not actually steal any coins, they seized ~30k bitcoin from silkroad, and gave the public a chance to claim ownership in the bitcoin, but when no one claimed ownership (nor contested the FBI's ability to sell the bitcoin) the coins were eventually sold via auction

Ahhh... Asset Forfeiture, the corrupt practice where money can be sued directly because it contains certain odd personhood rights. Under civil forfeiture assets are "seized" and since they cannot defend themselves because they are inanimate objects, are guilty until proven innocent without good standards of evidence and rules of culpability.  

Notice how all the property instantly becomes theirs and people have to prove otherwise? The FBI even admitted they believed those assets belonged to Ulbrict. Why were they than allowed to auction them off before the trial was completed?

Seized is doublespeak for theft. Men with guns violently attacked a man, stole his property, kidnapped him, and tortured him. Make no mistake about this.

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:42:34 AM

I would tell that whale that eventually he is going to run out of bitcoins.
And the price is going to shoot up after that.
He is going to regret dumping the bitcoins for the rest of his life.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 08:06:04 AM

Thank him for the cheap coins?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 08:17:38 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 09:19:28 AM by Lethn

Thank him for the cheap coins?

Cheesy Pretty much this, whales are funny to mess with Tongue They tend to also use bots which are easy to manipulate though you do need a steady stream of coins to outbid them, they always buy at the most unrealistic prices and sell at the most unrealistic prices when you look at the orders they pick and they clearly rely on panic sellers to make money.
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:32:36 AM

I would tell that whale that eventually he is going to run out of bitcoins.

What if the manipulating permabear-whale dumps it to an evil antibtc-permabear-whale-pig? (mindblown)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:40:08 AM

Why are people so hard on whales?

Bitcoin whales and Altcoin whales are market movers, because of them we can buy cheap and sell high.

They make sure we can buy from their large sell walls or dump in their large buy walls.

I can only thank them and tell them to continue.
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:07:07 AM

If a bitcoin whale wants to destroy bitcoin, dumping all in one go would be the stupidest thing he could do. He would most likely do what has been going on for months now - sell at small enough portions to keep the price go down gradually to weed out investor confidence. Maybe someone's actually on that mission now, as the price certainly encourages to think someone's trying to kill it. This strategy also helps to weed out smaller miners and leave bitcoin centralized and thus vulnerable.
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:07:07 AM

Why are people so hard on whales?

Bitcoin whales and Altcoin whales are market movers, because of them we can buy cheap and sell high.

They make sure we can buy from their large sell walls or dump in their large buy walls.

I can only thank them and tell them to continue.

They bought higher than the current exchange rate and "whales" are the easiest to blame.

madken7777

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:08:39 AM

No one is powerful enough to manipulate market for long.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: