Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:51:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is now a good time?  (Read 1009 times)
TigerCroc (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 03:35:19 PM

im completely new to the Bitcoin scene. I've read about it in the news multiple times and have finally convinced myself to give it a try. I literally just created this account and hope this can be the beginning of things. From reading I've gathered that there's been a downwards trend the last few days. Is now a good time to buy in or is this fall expected and could go lower? I want to make sure I jump in at the right time. Ta
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MNDan

Activity: 287
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:09:02 PM

You be the judge.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArD8rjI3DD1WdFIzNDFMeEhVSzhwcEVXZDVzdVpGU2c#gid=1
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:24:02 PM

Price to get in compared to months ago is a decent amount lower.  Always  do your own math and dont invest more then you can lose.

Personally i think its a good time to buy if you are holding long term.  But that is one opinion.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:29:34 PM

My advice, use desktop wallet like multibit (fast).
Buy some coin for little money like 1-5$. Send to someone to donate, to see how it works.
Its best and fastest learning
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:35:03 PM

Here is your first lesson. No one on Earth knows what the price will be tomorrow. That will not keep people from confidently claiming they do, but they do not. If you are trading based on what a loud voice told you on the internet then you are about to lose your money.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 12:50:27 AM

im completely new to the Bitcoin scene. I've read about it in the news multiple times and have finally convinced myself to give it a try. I literally just created this account and hope this can be the beginning of things. From reading I've gathered that there's been a downwards trend the last few days. Is now a good time to buy in or is this fall expected and could go lower? I want to make sure I jump in at the right time. Ta

I suggest you research a bit more. The downward trend is not something from the last few days. Nobody can guarantee you that we're at the bottom now.

As always, don't use any money that you can't (or don't want to) lose. You don't want to be a weak hand in the Bitcoin market.
FragCakes8

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:15:39 AM

Price to get in compared to months ago is a decent amount lower.  Always  do your own math and dont invest more then you can lose.

Personally i think its a good time to buy if you are holding long term.  But that is one opinion.
I agree with you. It is important to observe the market for few days and then invest on this market.
Soappa

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:34:33 AM

I think so, as I believe bitcoin is still at the early stage and it will be much more popular and successful in the future.
But in fact, everyone have a different speculation on the price. Some expect it to reach a million one day, while some expect it will never hit a thousand again.

unrealistic

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:23:48 AM

Do not get into loans, put in only money you can afford toloose and you will succeed.
Bonam

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:24:40 AM

If you think bitcoin will succeed in the long term, now is a good price to buy.

If you think bitcoin will fail, then obviously don't buy bitcoin.

Personally, I think bitcoin has like a 99% chance of failing and a 1% chance of succeeding. But if it does succeed, then holding even like 1 BTC will eventually put you in the top ~0.1%. So it's a gamble.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: